Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Last game, TT played exactly the same way he has been doing all season.  There was no difference.  It just that now, people who can't admit they were horrendously wrong about Peterman are trying to move to a narrative that somehow the benching "fixed" Tyrod.  That's just a way for people to try and salvage a silver lining from their dumb opinions.  Just admit you were wrong.

that's silly.  based on the trajectory over the prior two games, Tyrod was on track to go 3/9 for 22 yards in the air against the Chargers, with most of the 22 yards coming during garbage time.  While certainly not the only problem, he was most definitely part of the problem.   to be honest, it doesn't matter much to me whether we get steamrolled by the jets and saints with Tyrod protecting the ball, or steamrolled by another team because they took a shot on Peterman. 

Like most, I'll be happy as can be if they fixed the problems and Tyrod lights it up, but that seems to be a long shot. 

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I mentioned that if they did sign a Cousins / Luck /Alex Smith then yeah, they can cut him. Otherwise you have 2 rookies as your #1 & 2, your future draft pick and Peterman. Really?

Remember the "Tyrod is a bridge QB"? That is still the case... and as of now that bridge leads to nowhere so better stay on it!

You want to stay on a bridge to nowhere?

No thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

No thanks.

I would rather stay on a Turod bridge than have your qb break records negatively. Seriously you cant think its ok to see more of Peterman without an extreme improvement invhis ability to fair well against a pass rush. The earliest you should test that is next year during preseason. If its more of the same then no!!!!!!

No thanks.

Better than to be swimming with the sharks. 

In all your threads you seem to imply the Bills need to lose out so they can finally pick that "franchise QB" in the draft. With so many Top 5 busts, and the Bills most likely picking 10-15th even if they only win 1-2 more, how can be so sure the current brass will magically make all the right picks?

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Better than to be swimming with the sharks. 

In all your threads you seem to imply the Bills need to lose out so they can finally pick that "franchise QB" in the draft. With so many Top 5 busts, and the Bills most likely picking 10-15th even if they only win 1-2 more, how can be so sure the current brass will magically make all the right picks?

that's the spirit!

why try? amirite? Buffalo mentality.

Let's just keep doing the same thing over and over, hey maybe we can be "in the hunt" for the next 17 years too!

2 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I would rather stay on a Turod bridge than have your qb break records negatively. Seriously you cant think its ok to see more of Peterman without an extreme improvement invhis ability to fair well against a pass rush. The earliest you should test that is next year during preseason. If its more of the same then no!!!!!!

Despite your broken, angry english, YUP!

Let's tank it this year. Like we should have from week one.

20 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Last game, TT played exactly the same way he has been doing all season.  There was no difference.  It just that now, people who can't admit they were horrendously wrong about Peterman are trying to move to a narrative that somehow the benching "fixed" Tyrod.  That's just a way for people to try and salvage a silver lining from their dumb opinions.  Just admit you were wrong.

Actually you are wrong.  While the majority of TT's completions were short catch and run type plays, he did attempt to go deep quite a few times.  This keeps the defense honest, which he wasn't doing a good job of previously.  Of course with the game out of hand, it's hard to truly determine with a prevent defense, but he needs to throw it down field.  Here are his plays:

3rd
(9:10) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to 11-Z.Jones (24-Tr.Williams).
(9:05) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep right to 85-C.Clay to LAC 32 for 16 yards (37-J.Addae).
(8:33) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to 18-A.Holmes.
(7:46) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to 84-N.O'Leary.
(4:40) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 11-Z.Jones to BUF 23 for 6 yards (52-D.Perryman).
(4:06) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short right to 10-D.Thompson (26-C.Hayward).
(3:59) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 11-Z.Jones pushed ob at BUF 37 for 17 yards (26-C.Hayward).
(3:21) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to 11-Z.Jones (43-M.Davis).
(2:53) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep middle to 15-B.Tate.
(2:46) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short middle to 39-T.Cadet to BUF 43 for 16 yards (33-T.Boston).
(1:15) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 10-D.Thompson to BUF 43 for 9 yards (43-M.Davis). BUF-10-D.
(:22) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 18-A.Holmes to LAC 18 for 7 yards (43-M.Davis).
4th
(15:00) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to 85-C.Clay. PENALTY on LAC-37-J.Addae, Defensive Pass Interference, 13 yards, enforced at LAC 18 - No Play.
(14:07) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 85-C.Clay for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-85-C.Clay, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at LAC 2 - No Play.
(14:02) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 85-C.Clay.
(13:57) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 25-L.McCoy for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
(7:57) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep left to 11-Z.Jones ran ob at LAC 42 for 33 yards.
(7:44) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 39-T.Cadet to LAC 36 for 6 yards (31-A.Phillips).
(6:56) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 84-N.O'Leary pushed ob at LAC 26 for 8 yards (31-A.Phillips).
 (6:36) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short middle to 11-Z.Jones to LAC 14 for 12 yards (33-T.Boston).
(6:15) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short middle to 39-T.Cadet to LAC 9 for 5 yards (25-R.Jenkins, 93-D.Philon). LAC-93-D.Philon was injured during the play.
(5:30) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short middle to 15-B.Tate to LAC 2 for 7 yards (57-J.Brown).
(5:05) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 11-Z.Jones (24-Tr.Williams).
(5:00) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to 15-B.Tate (20-D.King).
(3:42) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 39-T.Cadet to BUF 13 for no gain (20-D.King, 57-J.Brown).
(3:13) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 39-T.Cadet pushed ob at BUF 17 for 4 yards (57-J.Brown).
(3:10) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete deep left to 84-N.O'Leary [57-J.Brown].

3 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Actually you are wrong.  While the majority of TT's completions were short catch and run type plays, he did attempt to go deep quite a few times.  This keeps the defense honest, which he wasn't doing a good job of previously.  Here are his plays:

He's been doing that all season.  It's absurd to think otherwise.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

that's the spirit!

Let's just keep doing the same thing over and over, hey maybe we can be "in the hunt" for the next 17 years too!

To you it's tanking or else it's "doing the same thing over and over"? Peterman was more of the same? All the HC, OC, DC and GM changes is more of the same? 

Yeah let's follow the Browns. Tanking seems to be a sure thing to win!

Edited by Jerome007

I still feel that McD made the right choice having Peterman start last week and then benching him at the half.  I also would start Tyrod this week against KC but if we get behind 13 or more, I would put the Rooking back in since Tyrod has no come-back ability anyways.  JMHO

Rudolph or Rosen for QB next year.

Go Bills!!!!!

Just now, Jerome007 said:

To you it's taking or else it's "doing the same thing over and over"? Peterman was more of the same? All the HC, OC, DC and GM changes is more of the same? 

Yeah let's follow the Browns. Tanking seems to be a sure thing to win!

Such emotion. So little logic.

All hail the new TSW poster.

Here is something to digest.  The NYG's have been obliterated the prior 3 weeks allowing over 300/game passing and then beat KC.  So the defense responded.

Then let's look at Eli Manning.  Without OBJ he has been a dumspter fire.  Sort of similar to Tyrod being deep sixed when they gave away Watkins.

Let's hope for the best vs. KC.

Just now, K-9 said:

I'm curious about Rodak's comment above; what problems did starting Peterman "cause" that sitting him doesn't fix? I mean other than the problems that were manufactured by and reside solely in the minds of media types like Rodak?

Blowing a chance to win against a beatable Chargers team with the team sitting a playoff spot. No getting that chance back and I'd bet anything some of the guys are pissed about it. 

4 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Whatever, I just can't wait until he is gone after this season...

Here's his passing charts.  There's really no significant difference between last week and most previous weeks.  Yes, in some games the passing is focused within 20 yards (Jets in particular), but for the most part, his passing profile matches the second half of the Chargers game.  Sorry to ruin your narrative.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/tyrod-taylor/TAY764868

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Oh you got me there Vet with your awesome logic. I'm sold. Let's go for a real losing season, finally! Well, since they won 5 already, let's tank next year!

How's them 6-10 to 9-7 seasons working out for you? Loaded with elite talent are we? Making ANY progress at all? God forbid we try something different.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This all seems correct to me.

I'm curious about Rodak's comment above; what problems did starting Peterman "cause" that sitting him doesn't fix? I mean other than the problems that were manufactured by and reside solely in the minds of media types like Rodak? Because it seems like he's saying that because McD started Peterman, McD now has a problem with credibility and I don't understand that connection to a simple coach's decision to start another player. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Blowing a chance to win against a beatable Chargers team with the team sitting a playoff spot. No getting that chance back and I'd bet anything some of the guys are pissed about it. 

That's mighty presumptuous on the part of Rodak to assume playing Taylor would have guaranteed a victory given what we witnessed on the D side of the ball and Taylor's own slump against the Saints the week before. 

19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

that's the spirit!

Despite your broken, angry english, YUP!

Let's tank it this year. Like we should have from week one.

Wrong. Try again. No one with an ounce of football smarts would start Peterman again without putting on an epic display of improvement against the most rudimentary basic pass rush. Its pretty simple.

How's them 6-10 to 9-7 seasons working out for you? Loaded with elite talent are we? Making ANY progress at all? God forbid we try something different.

All winning teams this year have tanked in the previous 5? Pats, KC, Steelers, etc.

All the 0-1-2-3-4 win teams from 2012-2016 are powerhouses now in the NFL? Besides the Jaguars that have really improved, Raiders last year, you got the Browns, etc.

The issue has been awful awful draft choices combined with obvious bad positional coaching. Anyway, with 5 wins already, a true "tanking" is not to be unless they really lose out all the rest of the year. And if that happens, how could any of the coaches remain? The GM and scout team could, but not the rest. 

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Wrong. Try again. No one with an ounce of football smarts would start Peterman again without putting on an epic display of improvement against the most rudimentary basic pass rush. Its pretty simple.

OK buddy, it's clear -you- know best.

It's a wonder you're not running a team, really.

This was the right move IMO. 

I understand why why he went with Peterman. It was a justifiable switch. But he showed that he probably isn't ready yet, and with the way the O line and the entire team in general is playing right now, you're not really giving a rookie QB any chance to succeed anyway. No reason to destroy Peterman's confidence completely, especially with the next 2 games on the schedule - playing in arrowhead and then against Belichick and the Pats, who eat rookie QBs alive. 

Plus, switching back to TT ensures that you don't start to lose the locker room. You can always go back to Peterman if TT and the offense continue to struggle, and the Bills continue to lose. Once they are (or I guess I should say If they are) eliminated from the playoffs, then you can play for the future... 

I just hope this lights a fire under Tyrod's butt. A lot of times I get the impression that he's playing not to lose (the game, and the starting job). He needs to feel the urgency, take a few risks, and also give his receivers a chance to win a contested catch. 

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

All winning teams this year have tanked in the previous 5? Pats, KC, Steelers, etc.

All the 0-1-2-3-4 win teams from 2012-2016 are powerhouses now in the NFL? Besides the Jaguars that have really improved, Raiders last year, you got the Browns, etc.

The issue has been awful awful draft choices combined with obvious bad positional coaching. Anyway, with 5 wins already, a true "tanking" is not to be unless they really lose out all the rest of the year. And if that happens, how could any of the coaches remain? The GM and scout team could, but not the rest. 

Yes, let's ignore Jacksonville and the Raiders. Let's also ignore Tennessee and the Eagles as well, since they're not supporting your point. Do you really have a point here? Oh and the Rams too. Probably shouldn't mention them.

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's mighty presumptuous on the part of Rodak to assume playing Taylor would have guaranteed a victory given what we witnessed on the D side of the ball and Taylor's own slump against the Saints the week before. 

I don't think it's a matter of a guarantee, but rather a better chance to win with Taylor behind center. 

5 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Here's his passing charts.  There's really no significant difference between last week and most previous weeks.  Yes, in some games the passing is focused within 20 yards (Jets in particular), but for the most part, his passing profile matches the second half of the Chargers game.  Sorry to ruin your narrative.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/tyrod-taylor/TAY764868

And for the record, compare his passing charts to noted "gunslinger" Drew Brees when it comes to throwing downfield.  Not too much difference when it comes to downfield passing.  But I guess all you guys don't want Brees either since he checks down often.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/drew-brees/BRE229498

1 minute ago, NoPlayoffs said:

And for the record, compare his passing charts to noted "gunslinger" Drew Brees when it comes to throwing downfield.  Not too much difference when it comes to downfield passing.  But I guess all you guys don't want Brees either since he checks down often.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/drew-brees/BRE229498

Are you seriously comparing one of the greatest passers of our era to TYROD TAYLOR?

What little credibility you have just went out the window.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it's a matter of a guarantee, but rather a better chance to win with Taylor behind center. 

Well, second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking are a luxury for guys like Rodak I guess. I don't link credibility to coaching decisions that turn out to be wrong. If that's the case, then NO coach has ANY credibility at one time or another. 

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Here is something to digest.  The NYG's have been obliterated the prior 3 weeks allowing over 300/game passing and then beat KC.  So the defense responded.

Then let's look at Eli Manning.  Without OBJ he has been a dumspter fire.  Sort of similar to Tyrod being deep sixed when they gave away Watkins.

Let's hope for the best vs. KC.

Manning has gone for 6TDs to 1INT since Beckham Jr. went down. That's along with the injuries to his other receivers...his main target right now is a rookie TE/WR hybrid. Tough slate of games with Seahawks Rams Broncos Chiefs all since Chargers...dumpster fire is the easy narrative.

Bills fans like to complain about our offensive line...watch the Giants and you'll suddenly have a much greater appreciation for them.

Are you seriously comparing one of the greatest passers of our era to TYROD TAYLOR?

What little credibility you have just went out the window.

I'm comparing downfield passing attempts...I thought it was pretty clear.  If you can't understand that, I don't know how to help you.  I mean, it makes sense that you don't understand, but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Taylor: "I've always played with a chip on my shoulder....this just made the chip bigger."

I'd rather he play with a better head on his shoulders. Maybe that chip is getting in the way.