Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Because he's black? Should he go white face for McDermott and the fans and throw 5 ints? Then it becomes he has potential, gunslinger, it's not all on him 

That's not called for.  Taylor isn't the guy for the future because he has consistently failed to move the offense.  He never throws receivers open.  Since Watkins left, he can't hit a deep pass.  He has this pride thing going where he insists he'll be a pocket passer when that's not what he does best. 

Taylor has God-given abilities no other QB does, but he insists on trying to be a square peg in a round hole.  He needs to use his strengths and overcome his weaknesses as a passer.  He's just on the wrong track.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

#ProcessElimiNATEd Next!

So you could honestly say you can rewatch that Chargers game and get a true evaluation of a rookie QB who was getting pressured in under 2 sec. Your going to use the game vs the Chargers to say Peterman sucks even though any rookie QB put into that situation would have been destroyed. 

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I agree with your choice but not with any of this.  This is ridiculous.  I question whether Peterman should ever see an NFL field again, but don't act like Tyrod doesn't have severe limitations.  Making it racial, even if it's a joke, is in extremely poor taste.  

Sorry but if it makes some people uncomfortable maybe that's because somewhere they think their might be truth to it.

I don't think this applies to the coaching staff at all, but the fans... it's questionable.

Just my opinion, and I'm not trying to insinuate that the guy I originally quoted is one of them. The joke just came to mind there.

22 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Yeah, I'd much prefer to see him completely ruin Peterman's career in addition to giving up on the team and season...

You do realize that the alternative floor is 5 interceptions in a half?

I'm shocked that people are seemingly against this decision.  Peterman was historically bad, and that's not hyperbole.  It's not good for him as a person or player to go back out there this week.

Still 30% were supporting starting Peterman this week.....  Defies logic.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I was ok with the Peterman start...I am also ok with this.

but.....this offseason is going to be interesting.

I was uncertain about the Peterman start, after watching some of the all-22 analysis, I felt the defense and failure to adjust the O playcalling were bigger problems.

But I extended the benefit of the doubt: the coaches see Peterman in practice, maybe he's looking really good, maybe he's taken a couple steps and he's ready.

Now that the experiment has failed, I don't see the point; the 5th round draft pick who threw just over 54% completions in preseason and 5 picks when he got a start, is unlikely to be the answer, certainly not enough of a "sure bet" to alter the draft priorities.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I don't get it either.

People need to understand that Peterman may have played himself out of a career last week.  I don't know if you can come back from a game like that in today's NFL.  He's not going to just dust himself and be fine like McD and board koolaid drinkers like to think.

Protect his psyche, start Tyrod, play boring football for the rest of the season, and get a real QB next year.  Simple stuff.

Sadly, i think you are right.  I listened as two prominent former players were guests on Sirius this week.  They said the Bills made the move to Peterman and that was his audition.  They said it failed and Buffalo will NOT be going to Peterman again.  They can't.  They all agreed Tyrod will start the remaining games (unless an injury) and Nate will be fortunate to find a place as a 3rd string backup someday.  We will be drafting a QB early in 2018.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So you could honestly say you can rewatch that Chargers game and get a true evaluation of a rookie QB who was getting pressured in under 2 sec. Your going to use the game vs the Chargers to say Peterman sucks even though any rookie QB put into that situation would have been destroyed.

Any rookie QB put into that situation would have struggled.  Many have.

Peterman is the only one who threw 5 picks in a half; do you understand why that's different?

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That's not called for.  Taylor isn't the guy for the future because he has consistently failed to move the offense.  He never throws receivers open.  Since Watkins left, he can't hit a deep pass.  He has this pride thing going where he insists he'll be a pocket passer when that's not what he does best. 

Taylor has God-given abilities no other QB does, but he insists on trying to be a square peg in a round hole.  He needs to use his strengths and overcome his weaknesses as a passer.  He's just on the wrong track.

I agree with a lot of this and respect all of these points but this isn't how most fans speak about Taylor. They don't acknowledge he was hitting the deep ball with Watkins now it's, he just can't throw deep.

It also leads to why people think he was set up to fail. But I get your points, and it was largely a joke but somewhat rooted in what I take away from my interaction with Bills fans day to day.

If you think like you do which is seemingly an intelligent Bills fan. Just ignore my post in my opinion. I'd offer to delete it seeing as it already got a bit of a rocky reaction, but I genuinely believe in some of it.

I'm fine with the decision to go back to Taylor. I also want to see Peterman again for a prolonged period of time.  If the Bills lose the next two...or if they lose against the Cheifs and Tyrod looks awful, I'll be ready for Peterman for the rest of the season.

Actually, somewhere along the way, whether it was actually TT himself or repeated by other players (I think the TV announcers mentioned it last game), Tyrod said if he got to play again he understands what the coaches want and what he needs to do. Hopefully this means he realizes he needs to throw the ball to WRs, even if it means there is a chance of an INT and that he needs to better anticipate throws. He hit Zay a few times when he did play in the second half, so maybe that was the beginning of a transition for him. I am absolutely fine with Tyrod if he starts to throw to receivers who are not obviously open, and gets rid of the ball quicker. I have nothing against TT being our QB, and used to be totally in his corner. That said, i CANNOT take more ball pats, hesitation and check downs. Yes, I would rather see five picks per half than that.

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

disagree, it makes it look like the coach has no idea what he is doing. 

You already told the world you don't think Taylor is good enough. You went to a guy, it backfired, but now you are going to say the guy you benched is now your best player.

It's a lose-lose situation for McDermott, which he put himself in.

He gambled by starting Peterman, and he lost on it. If he went with Peterman again, his credibility would really look bad. By going with Taylor, people say he is taking the easy way out.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Sorry but if it makes some people uncomfortable maybe that's because somewhere they think their might be truth to it.

I don't think this applies to the coaching staff at all, but the fans... it's questionable.

Just my opinion, and I'm not trying to insinuate that the guy I originally quoted is one of them. The joke just came to mind there.

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Quoted you twice just to say making people uncomfortable with your stupidity is less a quest for truth than the internet equivalent of drinking bleach. Great joke.

29 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Yeah, I'd much prefer to see him completely ruin Peterman's career in addition to giving up on the team and season...

You do realize that the alternative floor is 5 interceptions in a half?

I'm shocked that people are seemingly against this decision.  Peterman was historically bad, and that's not hyperbole.  It's not good for him as a person or player to go back out there this week.

If you must know my stand, it’s that I believe this coaching staff gets a mulligan for this season.  If they believe based on all of their expertise that Peterman truly has the “stuff” of a solid NFL QB then they should evaluate him and see.  

To me the problem is bigger than this season.  Yes, Tyrod Taylor may sneak the Bills into the playoffs in a very weak AFC.  He is not the long-term answer and simply serves to bandaid the QB situation in Buffalo.  I’m tired of bandaids.  I am willing to sacrifice this season to get a real QB on the field (playing for the Bills). 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

It's a lose-lose situation for McDermott, which he put himself in.

He gambled by starting Peterman, and he lost on it. If he went with Peterman again, his credibility would really look bad. By going with Taylor, people say he is taking the easy way out.

Yep. He backed himself into a corner. He made a horrendous decision and now was faced with two no win (perhaps literally) choices. But at least he made the lesser of evils choice here. He could have compounded his error.