ESPN Claims Taylor claiming racial motivation for benching?

oldmanfan

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I just passed by a TV in the doctor's lounge and they had on First Take.  And the banner at the bottom said that Taylor is suggesting the change may be racially motivated?  where's that coming from? 

It’s TV manufacturing a story.  They are using comments by TT from a month ago when he stated African American QBs are held to a different standard in general.  It’s literally fake news, it was NOT said in regards to his benching.  One of the most irresponsible stories I have ever seen.  

Honestly, ESPN needs to be held accountable for this garbage.  This is the kind of thing that can hurt Tyrod's career for those who didnt watch this terrible segment and came away with the 100% False idea that Tyrod blamed race for benching.  If I was TT, I would talk to lawyers about slander, its that bad.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s TV manufacturing a story.  They are using comments by TT from a month ago when he stated African American QBs are held to a different standard in general.  It’s literally fake news, it was NOT said in regards to his benching.  One of the most irresponsible stories I have ever seen.  

it was really bad. i'm watching it here in my office going "are they REALLY putting that headline on the tv?" just bad.

you know, I've never been racist, still not, never will be but it's getting really tiring hearing these players play the race card.

tyrod, you did not and likely never would of lived up to expectations. take it like a man and leave the race card bull **** out of it!

*that is if he is playing it?

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s TV manufacturing a story.  They are using comments by TT from a month ago when stated African American QBs are held to a different standard in general.  It’s literally fake news, it was NOT said in regards to his benching.  One of the most irresponsible stories I have ever seen.  

this seems right.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

it was really bad. i'm watching it here in my office going "are they REALLY putting that headline on the tv?" just bad.

Yeah, watching at home and furious at this non sense.  Even my girl came in and was like "What an idiot, he is gonna hurt his career blaming race for his benching".  Then had to explain the whole story to her and that it wasn't what happened.  She left saying this is why the media sucks so bad because if I had not explained it she would have thought the story was true.  

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this seems right.

It is...they said in the segment it was comments from a month ago.  So they decided to just make up a FAKE headline to discuss a topic they invented.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, watching at home and furious at this non sense.  Even my girl came in and was like "What an idiot, he is gonna hurt his career blaming race for his benching".  Then had to explain the whole story to her and that it wasn't what happened.  She left saying this is why the media sucks so bad because if I had not explained it she would have thought the story was true.  

It is...they said in the segment it was comments from a month ago.  So they decided to just make up a FAKE headline to discuss a topic they invented.  

cool, got me riled up for a minute. media sucks, big time!

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I just passed by a TV in the doctor's lounge and they had on First Take.  And the banner at the bottom said that Taylor is suggesting the change may be racially motivated?  where's that coming from? 

You should change the headline...its going to create a highly inaccurate and false argument here where no one is gonna read the responses and react to your thread title assuming he said these things, which he did not.  I get why you made the headline title, but now that we have confirmed for you that it was a made up ESPN headline and that he did not say it, you should rename the thread title:  ESPN falsely claims Tyrod blamed race for benching

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you know, I've never been racist, still not, never will be but it's getting really tiring hearing these players play the race card.

tyrod, you did not and likely never would of lived up to expectations. take it like a man and leave the race card bull **** out of it!

He didn't play the race card but Mike Schopp did on his show yesterday.

Regardless if he said it recently or not, the narrative is out there.  Heard it yesterday on WGR and now ESPN is running with it.  Bottom line is good Quarterbacks dont get benched.

Ask Warren Moon, Donovan McNabb, Dante Culpepper in Minnesota, Michael Vick, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston and you can even add Marcus Mariota to that mix because I dont think its fair to limit the scope of the statement.

The statement is wrong, and detrimental in so many ways.  

You should change the headline...its going to create a highly inaccurate and false argument here where no one is gonna read the responses and react to your thread title assuming he said these things, which he did not.  I get why you made the headline title, but now that we have confirmed for you that it was a made up ESPN headline and that he did not say it, you should rename the thread title:  ESPN falsely claims Tyrod blamed race for benching

How do you do that?

Might be hard to.    Espn radio show on now is claiming Tyrod said it after benching.  

If more fake news then ??‍♂️    

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Doubt Taylor said this but if so hope they cut him immediately to send a message.

Cutting Taylor is a half assed measure if there ever was one.  Our First amendment Rights need to be severely limited or revoked if we're ever going to get better TV ratings and sell more pizzas.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Might be hard to.    Espn radio show on now is claiming Tyrod said it after benching.  

If more fake news then ??‍♂️    

Seriously, this is so freaking stupid by ESPN!  Unbelievably irresponsible and now people who only caught the headline and didnt catch the 10 seconds in the middle of a 10 minute segment that admitted he made the comments over a month ago are going to rerun the story as if its true.  I am so disgusted right now, just a complete joke of journalism.

If First Take and ESPN want to debate whether or not it played a role, fine go right ahead.  BUT DONT put a headline up falsely claiming the player blames race because of a question he answered a month ago where he felt (rightfully so) that black QB's are held to a different standard.  

Seriously, I would be on the phone with lawyers this morning about this if I was TT.  This is so slanderous and will negatively impact him even though he never once said what they wrote as their headline.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seriously, this is so freaking stupid by ESPN!  Unbelievably irresponsible and now people who only caught the headline and didnt catch the 10 seconds in the middle of a 10 minute segment that admitted he made the comments over a month ago are going to rerun the story as if its true.  I am so disgusted right now, just a complete joke of journalism.

If First Take and ESPN want to debate whether or not it played a role, fine go right ahead.  BUT DONT put a headline up falsely claiming the player blames race because of a question he answered a month ago where he felt (rightfully so) that black QB's are held to a different standard.  

Seriously, I would be on the phone with lawyers this morning about this if I was TT.  This is so slanderous and will negatively impact him even though he never once said what they wrote as their headline.

Saw this.   Don't hear any race stuff 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Saw this.   Don't hear any race stuff 

This isnt the segment...they did an entire segment titled:  "Taylor suggests race played a role in benching" which just aired like 10 minutes ago live.

And they created that segment and headline based on Taylor's comments answering a direct question a month ago, and it has literally nothing to do with anything Taylor has said since benching.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I've asked the mods to take it down.  Didn't mean to start something; I just glanced at a TV and saw this streaming during First Take and wanted to find out what the deal was.  And it's crap.  

Not your fault, you posted only what you saw and you posted as a question too.  Its on ESPN for this type of irresponsible nonsense.  If you take it down, someone else will just post it later now that other media is falsely running the story too on the back of ESPN's BS one.  So should stay up, but a change of title by mods pointing out the false story would probably be good.  

While I think the liberal media is trying to make a non story... well a story the real issue here is how well liked Tyrod is. All you have to do is look at Shady'sbody language and response on how he feels Peterman will do. McDermott has to be careful here as I think if Peterman struggles he will lose this team fast. I hope I'm wrong. Also instead of the racially charged thing how about someone exposes Tyrod's lack of ability to read a defense . That's the real story here.

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Agree with this 100%.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Cutting Taylor is a half assed measure if there ever was one.  Our First amendment Rights need to be severely limited or revoked if we're ever going to get better TV ratings and sell more pizzas.

First amendment rights don’t protect someone from getting fired in the private sector... hell, any sector...