“Tyrod is our starter.”

McBean

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

I don't disagree as long as we realize late rounders don't always have star power, heck Taylor is a sixth rounder doesn't mean he will be enshrined.

I realize that but sticking with a guy thats clearly never going to progress beyond what he is now is like beating your head against the wall.

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

I realize that but sticking with a guy thats clearly never going to progress beyond what he is now is like beating your head against the wall.

I am all for starting the guy,  I don't want to see another game like the last two.  The hesitation I have is what if he still needs time to understand the game.  He isn't a first round pick for a reason but I haven't seen anything from him to believe he can't do it yet though.  I like his composure but preseason and mopup duty and starting a game are two very different scenarios.  I'm cautiously optimistic understanding he just might not be ready.  I am hoping we have the right people in place to make that decision.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You think we got all those picks for nothing??

Carolina was worse than us and look at them now, that will be us.

Next year. Let's keep in mind that the FO &Staff have not been here for 17 years.

Let's quit changing the chefs before the meal is prepared.

Or changing gynos before we're pregnant?

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

So why did they bother to draft the kid?

So he can rot on the vine?

I hope the coach changes his mind because right now he has the wagon hitched to the wrong horse,

That's easy. Every team needs a backup QB that can run the offensive scheme without changing too much. If you draft a guy in round five, you're probably thinking his ceiling is around a career backup. But you'd be happy with that, and if it's better then that's a bonus .

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did Taylor move up our down in the Tier 2 column?

ROTFLMAOPIP

:worthy::worthy:

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and crew was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

48 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

If you're still defending Tyrod Taylor:

titanic.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

20 hours ago, McBean said:

From McDermott in post game presser.

Put the Peterman talk to bed.

20 hours ago, WMDman said:

of course hes gonna say that right after the game, I think they make the switch

I seriously doubt it ... not yet.  The Bills are 5-4 in a very weak AFC.  There is no reason to throw in the towel yet.  When the Bills are realistically eliminated from the wildcard (not necessarily mathematically eliminated) is when I hope they make this switch. Might as well see what the kid has with and against the first stringers at that point.  But it is too early now IMO.

18 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Peterman is a 5th round pick that looked good in preseason (against 2nd/3rd stringers) and looked good in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss (against 3rd stringers playing loose coverage). 

Let's not overreact to 1 bad game from Tyrod when the entire team played like hot garbage. 

1 bad game?  Really?

I know that the Saints Defense has improved, but give me a break they aren't that good. No way they are better than Carolina or Denver and we put up a decent amount of points on Denver. Threw for more than 56 yards against Carolina too. No more excuses with lack of weapons on offense we had our full array other than Zay and still couldn't move the ball until Peterman got in. 

6 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I know that the Saints Defense has improved, but give me a break they aren't that good. No way they are better than Carolina or Denver and we put up a decent amount of points on Denver. Threw for more than 56 yards against Carolina too. No more excuses with lack of weapons on offense we had our full array other than Zay and still couldn't move the ball until Peterman got in. 

If TT was in on that last drive, he almost certainly would have been able to throw underneath against the prevent defense as well.  He has done it in past seasons, that's a big reason his previous years stats are as good as they are.

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

If TT was in on that last drive, he almost certainly would have been able to throw underneath against the prevent defense as well.  He has done it in past seasons, that's a big reason his previous years stats are as good as they are.

The game was out of hand by the 4th quarter and Tyrod still wasn't throwing the ball around. Usually when a QB is way behind they throw for allot of yards trying to comeback. They'll take deep shots and throw into tighter windows. Tyrod did not have an answer and Captain check down was at it again. They kept him in a bubble in the backfield and he clearly showed that he cannot get the ball out quickly. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer to Buffalo's QB riddle, but if every time we go down two scores we have to hear that Tyrod is not a QB capable of mounting a comeback then maybe he shouldn't be a QB at all.

1 minute ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

The game was out of hand by the 4th quarter and Tyrod still wasn't throwing the ball around. Usually when a QB is way behind they throw for allot of yards trying to comeback. They'll take deep shots and throw into tighter windows. Tyrod did not have an answer and Captain check down was at it again. They kept him in a bubble in the backfield and he clearly showed that he cannot get the ball out quickly. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer to Buffalo's QB riddle, but if every time we go down two scores we have to hear that Tyrod is not a QB capable of mounting a comeback then maybe he shouldn't be a QB at all.

I can't argue with any of that.  Just saying you can't accurately access Peterman versus TT based on garbage time work.  If McCoach thought Peterman would win him games, you can bet your ass Peterman would be starting.

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I can't argue with any of that.  Just saying you can't accurately access Peterman versus TT based on garbage time work.  If McCoach thought Peterman would win him games, you can bet your ass Peterman would be starting.

the simple solution.  Put Peterman in and lets see how bad he really is.  

If Nate went in and Rico called 3 quick passes the defense would soften up on the run.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I don't doubt that.  I just don't trust his judgment in such things.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't doubt that.  I just don't trust his judgment in such things.

Tolbert plays, Vlad plays, Mills plays, Humber plays, Tyrod plays, I don't trust his judgement or believe anything he has to say. There is no way those guys are better than what is here or what was let go or traded for. McProcess is nothing but lip service, talk is cheap. 

13 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I agree with the fact that you can't assess Peterman in garbage time. But, I wonder if McCoach is trying not to turn the locker room against him by benching a captain. Like back when we started Robosack over Flutie because we paid Rob Johnson so much money. I just wanna see something different out of this team.

Edited by buffalobloodfloridahome

Bottom line is simple.  As long as Bills playoffs hopes are alive, the odds of a QB change outside injury are till low, at least going into the game as a starter.  

However:

1.  TT leash just got a LOT shorter.  I think the possibility of making a switch at half time in a game where TT and the O are crapping the bed again has gone up.  And I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them do that as early as this week in a MUST win game against the Chargers.  Not to mention, Lynn has a lot of knowledge on TT, if he shuts him down in his game-plan, could really open the door for Peterman in the 2nd half to try and change it up.

2.  If or when the playoffs seem out of reach or a long shot, I think its MOST likely that Peterman will be given a chance to start the rest of the season so they can get some evaluation in him with relevant minutes before they go into the off season.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bottom line is simple.  As long as Bills playoffs hopes are alive, the odds of a QB change outside injury are till low, at least going into the game as a starter.  

However:

1.  TT leash just got a LOT shorter.  I think the possibility of making a switch at half time in a game where TT and the O are crapping the bed again has gone up.  And I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them do that as early as this week in a MUST win game against the Chargers.  Not to mention, Lynn has a lot of knowledge on TT, if he shuts him down in his game-plan, could really open the door for Peterman in the 2nd half to try and change it up.

2.  If or when the playoffs seem out of reach or a long shot, I think its MOST likely that Peterman will be given a chance to start the rest of the season so they can get some evaluation in him with relevant minutes before they go into the off season.  

I agree with #1.  

I thought it would be an injury or where we are a complete long shot to make the playoffs.  After yesterday, I think a bad first half could lead to a change.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with #1.  

I thought it would be an injury or where we are a complete long shot to make the playoffs.  After yesterday, I think a bad first half could lead to a change.

Yeah, this had gone about as I expected.  I said over and over again coming into the season after the preseason on both QB's that TT will be the unquestioned starter to begin the season.  And he would hold that job until either he proves he should keep it, gets hurt, or the playoffs get out of reach and TT was part of the problem.  I also repeatedly said that there would likely not be a switch (outside an injury) until sometime after week 10.  

And here we are, going into week 10 and the early shine on TT has taken a major hit as of late.  I actually still think as far as the Jets embarrassing loss goes, it wasn't his fault.  But, this debacle at home was one of the worst games I have seen him play, and it was an important game coming off a long week.  If they would have lost and he had a decent game, I think there might be less heat on him right now with the staff because the defense was equally as bad.  But his performance was so bad in this game that I think the only thing that saves him from not eventually being replaced at some point this season is to go out and have back to back big games, and thats not looking likely against 2 tough AFC opponents on the road.  

Just remember we still haven't unleashed Tyrod yet.  Remember that article!

Look I'm sure Tyrod is a nice guy, but he should not be an NFL starting quarterback.  Try the kid, he can't do any worse then TT has done over the last couple of weeks.  The players should be writing refund checks to the folks that spent their hard earned cash to watch that yesterday. 

33 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Make him be a QB"- Post game comments we keep hearing from other teams after they totally shut the offense down.

there is no such thing as coincidence 

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

However:

Are you closer to coming over to the Dark Side too? 

:worthy: another convert!! 

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

However:

Taylor's unconventional style of play has been figured out and is now contained. There isn't much innovative game planning going on to keep this roaming qb  contained in the pocket and taking away that which he does well into putting him in a position where he is a fish out of water. It's apparent that he has not grown his game to the point where his deficiencies are manageable. What the TT bandwagon haven't been willing to acknowledge is that this veteran qb is not a franchise qb, and will never be a franchise qb. That doesn't mean that he can't be useful as a backup and change of pace qb .It is a pathetic delusion that the bandwagon crowd has adhered to for so long. This earnest qb has glaring limitations that even his own coaching staffs over the past three years have readily acknowledged. Three different OCs have smartly not allowed him to direct a well-round pro offense because he is not capable of doing so. 

Odds are that the Bills are not a serious playoff contender, and much of it having little to do with our qb situation. However, if this franchise doesn't draft a qb with a high pick this year it should be charged with felonious malfeasance. What's obvious is obvious. Wishful thinking is living in a world of fantasy. Yesterday's game was reality. And it was ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

there is no such thing as coincidence 

Are you closer to coming over to the Dark Side too? 

:worthy: another convert!! 

Well, if you actually look at my post history you would actually see that I said many many times that TT had a LOT to prove on the season to keep his job.  And I also said I liked Peterman, in fact, my biggest argument to NOT start Peterman was because I liked him and didnt feel he was ready.  Throwing a young QB not ready to the wolves behind a bad OL is not an effective way to develop them or their confidence, and confidence is substantially more important than people give it credit for.

What I have defended TT on is when he is blamed unfairly for certain things.  And in fairness to TT, there have been times he has shown growth in his weaker areas this season and gave reason to keep starting.  He has also had some significant challenges to over come such as poor cupboard of weapons to work with most the season due to trades and injuries.  

That being said, this week was probably his worst game and just at an unacceptable level.  If he doesn't bounce back significantly this week, not only do I think we will lose the game but I think he will lose his hold on the starting job in the near future.  We wont make the playoffs if we lose next week...

Funny, I will be at the Chargers game with great seats to see him either keep his job or seal his fate   

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Taylor's unconventional style of play has been figured out and is now contained. There isn't much innovative game planning going on to keep this roaming qb  contained in the pocket and taking away that which he does well into putting him in a position where he is a fish out of water. It's apparent that he has not grown his game to the point where his deficiencies are manageable. What the TT bandwagon haven't been willing to acknowledge is that this veteran qb is not a franchise qb, and will never be a franchise qb. That doesn't mean that he can't be useful as a backup and change of pace qb .It is a pathetic delusion that the bandwagon crowd has adhered to for so long. This earnest qb has glaring limitations that even his own coaching staffs over the past three years have readily acknowledged. Three different OCs have smartly not allowed him to direct a well-round pro offense because he is not capable of doing so. 

Odds are that the Bills are not a serious playoff contender, and much of it having little to do with our qb situation. However, if this franchise doesn't draft a qb with a high pick this year it should be charged with felonious malfeasance. What's obvious is obvious. Wishful thinking is living in a world of fantasy. Yesterday's game was reality. And it was ugly. 

No offense, but your assessment of the people who have supported TT is a bit exaggerated.  I can't think of anyone who flat out said TT was a franchise QB.  There are plenty of people who felt we could win with TT with a good D and run game, and regardless of your opinion, that's been proven.  However, when the D sucks and the run game isnt doing anything, he is not going to be able to carry the team, and mostly knows that on both sides of the TT debate.  

The anti-TT crowd relentlessly and falsely state that people who have not been as negative on TT somehow think he is a franchise QB, which is 100% false.  They over exaggerate the fan support of him to a level that doesn't exist.  Just like many over exaggerate how bad he is.  

There are ONLY two opinions on TT...either utter hate where they blame TT for every missed FG, missed tackle, ISIS, and American Obesity...or others who realize we could do a lot worse, we can win with him with a balanced team, and there is still a lot he needs to prove to keep his job and if he doesn't we WILL and SHOULD draft a QB high in the draft THIS year.  Those people fueled by hate then over exaggerate that to mean people are advocating that he is indeed a franchise QB, which is just not true.  I am sure you can find a few extremist, but a few dont make the majority.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well, if you actually look at my post history you would actually see that I said many many times that TT had a LOT to prove on the season to keep his job.  And I also said I liked Peterman, in fact, my biggest argument to NOT start Peterman was because I liked him and didnt feel he was ready.  Throwing a young QB not ready to the wolves behind a bad OL is not an effective way to develop them or their confidence, and confidence is substantially more important than people give it credit for.

What I have defended TT on is when he is blamed unfairly for certain things.  And in fairness to TT, there have been times he has shown growth in his weaker areas this season and gave reason to keep starting.  He has also had some significant challenges to over come such as poor cupboard of weapons to work with most the season due to trades and injuries.  

That being said, this week was probably his worst game and just at an unacceptable level.  If he doesn't bounce back significantly this week, not only do I think we will lose the game but I think he will lose his hold on the starting job in the near future.  We wont make the playoffs if we lose next week...

Funny, I will be at the Chargers game with great seats to see him either keep his job or seal his fate   

I have no intention to rub things in on the qb issue. What is clearly obvious to this staff is that he is not the long term answer to anything. Whether he has a good game or not he is the same qb that he has been. If one watches the short clip with Peterman you see in those passes that they are quick recognition and releases. Those short passing plays (although meaningless) demonstrate clearly what he can do and what Taylor can't. 

If you get a chance watch some clips on Oklahoma's Mayfield. The accuracy, the use of the whole field, ball placement, the release are at a level that the seven year pro vet, Taylor, doesn't have and will never have. 

52 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Listening to Murph, Donald Jones, and Chris Brown rattle their brains to understand why Tyrod won't take risks even when it's 30-3. Guys, don't you know? If he keeps his INT # low enough, he may get another 4th alternate Pro Bowl spot.

those that you meant to jab aren't within a million miles of this board today....

Just now, JohnC said:

I have no intention to rub things in on the qb issue. What is clearly obvious to this staff is that he is not the long term answer to anything. Whether he has a good game or not he is the same qb that he has been. If one watches the short clip with Peterman you see in those passes that they are quick recognition and releases. Those short passing plays (although meaningless) demonstrate clearly what he can do and what Taylor can't. 

If you get a chance watch some clips on Oklahoma's Mayfield. The accuracy, the use of the whole field, ball placement, the release are at a level that the seven year pro vet, Taylor, doesn't have and will never have. 

All good man...I have stated many times I think Mayfield WILL be a Buffalo Bill next season going all the way back to early in the CFB season.  

Unfortunately, the slip and decline of the other hot prospects and the shine of Mayfield could change that as I actually thought we could stand pat and grab Mayfield, but if things keep going this way, its possible he could be a guy only obtainable with a trade up.  I can still see us making that trade up, but would have been nice to stand pat and grab him and not spend more assets on a team with lots of holes.  

PS:  I was also mocked quite a bit when I said Mayfield is not only the guy I want, but the guy I think we will get.  Many kept slamming me saying he wouldn't go higher than the 2nd round 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Make him be a QB"- Post game comments we keep hearing from other teams after they totally shut the offense down.

I can imagine just how pissed off TT must get when he hears this repeated by opposing players. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but your assessment of the people who have supported TT is a bit delusional.  I can't think of anyone who flat out said TT was a franchise QB.  There are plenty of people who felt we could win with TT with a good D and run game, and regardless of your opinion, that's been proven.  However, when the D sucks and the run game isnt doing anything, he is not going to be able to carry the team, and EVERYONE...EVERY single person knows that on both sides of the TT debate.  

You anti-TT crowd relentlessly and falsely state that people who have not been as negative on TT somehow think he is a franchise QB, which is 100% false.  You over exaggerate the fan support of him to a level that doesn't exist.  Just like many over exaggerate how bad he is.  

There are ONLY two opinions on TT...either utter hate where they blame TT for every missed FG, missed tackle, ISIS, and American Obesity...or others who realize we could do a lot worse, we can win with him with a balanced team, and there is still a lot he needs to prove to keep his job and if he doesn't we WILL and SHOULD draft a QB high in the draft THIS year.  Those people fueled by hate then over exaggerate that to mean people are advocating that he is indeed a franchise QB, which is just not true.  I am sure you can find a few extremist, but a few dont make the majority.

I'm not a Taylor hater, and never have been. What I have realized a long time ago is that he is not a franchise qb, and will never be. Go back and read your post. It is a clear definition of a qb who is not a franchise qb. That's the point. 

Making an argument that under the right circumstances you can win with him ignores the issue that you can win more with a legitimate franchise qb which he is not. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good man...I have stated many times I think Mayfield WILL be a Buffalo Bill next season going all the way back to early in the CFB season.  

Unfortunately, the slip and decline of the other hot prospects and the shine of Mayfield could change that as I actually thought we could stand pat and grab Mayfield, but if things keep going this way, its possible he could be a guy only obtainable with a trade up.  I can still see us making that trade up, but would have been nice to stand pat and grab him and not spend more assets on a team with lots of holes.  

PS:  I was also mocked quite a bit when I said Mayfield is not only the guy I want, but the guy I think we will get.  Many kept slamming me saying he wouldn't go higher than the 2nd round

I want to make it clear (as you noted) that I'm not getting into "I told you so type" argument. From the games that I have watched against plenty of good teams he has been by far the most dynamic player on the field. He, as all the major qb prospects, have weaknesses. They all have to be coached up and placed in offenses that suit them. And most of them will not have an immediate impact because of the development process and because the roster still needs more bolstering. My position on the qb issue for years has been that it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later in order to allow time for development.  

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but your assessment of the people who have supported TT is a bit exaggerated.  I can't think of anyone who flat out said TT was a franchise QB.  

I'm on John's side here.  

Proof... thread titled  Is Taylor a Franchise QB.  

If it wasn't strongly implied, then we'd have far fewer arguments.  

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm on John's side here.  

Proof... thread titled  Is Taylor a Franchise QB.  

If it wasn't strongly implied, then we'd have far fewer arguments.  

Well I don't think thread titles paint the picture of the majority...see:  "Skelton for Mario straight up" for instance.  

Again, a few extremists, but I think most people understand TT wont carry this team if the D and run game aren't working.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well I don't think thread titles paint the picture of the majority...see:  "Skelton for Mario straight up" for instance.  

Again, a few extremists, but I think most people understand TT wont carry this team if the D and run game aren't working.  

No not the majority just a small group that is slowly coming around to a reality many knew last season.  

On 11/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, McBean said:

From McDermott in post game presser.

Put the Peterman talk to bed.

famous last words. how many times has it been said and then who starts the next game.... not the guy they were defending.

as i said at the beginning of this year, Peterman will replace Tyrod at some point this season.

Edited by Foxx