ESPN: Tom Brady’s Most Dangerous Game

YoloinOhio

There might be something there. Go back about 15 years and there were stories about similar hangers-on in MLB clubhouses who were subsequently banned from being around the team. These were guys associated with the major PED users, back when certain baseball players seemed to have their "personal nutrition and fitness gurus" around all the time. Notorious Barry Bonds supplier Victor Conte was one of them....

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I don’t want to get my hopes up. It may just fade into obscurity like Peyton’s wife’s HGH. 

Peyton's hgh must not have been as quality as Brady's. Then again, manning was always second fiddle to Brady 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I don’t want to get my hopes up. It may just fade into obscurity like Peyton’s wife’s HGH. 

Yep. Same thing. That one was brushed under the carpet really fast. Nobody gonna question choirboy and NFL poster boy Peyton.

It's always the same news cycle. Think about it. Lance Armstrong: "He's able to succeed through an incredible work ethic. Overcoming cancer has given him tremendous discipline and ability to push through boundaries of pain that mere mortals can't handle. He weighs everything he eats; he's a nutrition freak. He's extremely careful about what he puts into his body which is why he's able to win clean in a dirty sport."  Just substitute the name of your favorite Pats QB and it would read exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, major said:

Peyton's hgh must not have been as quality as Brady's. Then again, manning was always second fiddle to Brady 

He needed to get them blue tops instead of the gray tops...cheapskate saved $30 bucks but got weak sauce, lmao!!!

25 minutes ago, transient said:

That is another way to deflate your balls...

hahahaha...literally...

But at least he won't have to worry about pulling out with Giselle...

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

sounded like a Patriot facility.

It's next to the Patriots' facility, but separate.  When he was suspended, he was allowed to go to TB12, but not the team's facilities.

Don't hate him for being a smart businessman in addition to being the greatest QB of all time who happens to own the Bills.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Lol, it's his business.

"His business" which also functions as a way of circumventing the salary cap.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

Guerrero’s past has not dissuaded the Patriots from forging a business relationship with the company he owns with Brady, the TB12 Sports Therapy Center, at the Patriots Place complex adjacent to Gillette Stadium. Since the center opened in 2013, the team has paid the company for Guerrero and his staff to provide treatment services and nutritional advice to multiple Patriots players.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, major said:

Brady was the one telling the trainer to deflate the balls and now Brady has a personal trainer that has been banned from team. Banned why? I think belicheat found out the truth and fired him before scandal goes further that Brady has been on HGH. Brady seems to be getting better as he gets older. How? Romo and manning were declining and Brady has been getting better. Brady Bonds ⚾️?

I’m pretty sure Belichick was behind Deflategate. Have you seen the fumble chart? That's screams Master Cheater.  

Just now, Gugny said:

It's next to the Patriots' facility, but separate.  When he was suspended, he was allowed to go to TB12, but not the team's facilities.

Don't hate him for being a smart businessman in addition to being the greatest QB of all time who happens to own the Bills.

See above. It's not exactly an arms-length separation ....

Even the resident Patriot* trolls have to admit that this seems plausible.  I'm a Yankee fan and readily admit that for some time that a good portion of the team was taking PEDs.  I suspected it at the time, too.

There is no "nutrition" regimen that improves your performance as age increases unless those "nutrients" have the letters HGH in them.

Edited by sullim4

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

"His business" which also functions as a way of circumventing the salary cap.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

Guerrero’s past has not dissuaded the Patriots from forging a business relationship with the company he owns with Brady, the TB12 Sports Therapy Center, at the Patriots Place complex adjacent to Gillette Stadium. Since the center opened in 2013, the team has paid the company for Guerrero and his staff to provide treatment services and nutritional advice to multiple Patriots players.

Within the rules.  Again.  Stop hating the Patriots (organization, coach, QB) for being smarter than the rest of the league.  It's pathetic.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Within the rules.  Again.  Stop hating the Patriots (organization, coach, QB) for being smarter than the rest of the league.  It's pathetic.

If within the rules, then why did belicheat seperate himself and team from this guy all of a sudden??????

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t hate smart. I’m not a big fan of cheaters. They’ve been fined and docked draft choices on multiple occasions. I don’t think they’ve gone cold turkey...just been more careful. 

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I did not see anything in the article to suggest that Guerero is connected with PED pushing.  He sounds a bit like a snake oil peddler.  It will be interesting to follow, however.

Belicheat wouldn't suspend his connection to team for snake oil. Had to have been something stronger than that?

Is it? Or is it more correct to say: "An arrangement which has not, thus far, been found to be in violation of the NFL's salary cap rules."  If the story is correct that Guerrero is now banned from the Patriots' facilities (not the TB12 center), that would suggest a bit of trepidation on the part of the Pats' brass about exactly how kosher this arrangement may be, no?

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

All accounting gimmicks are "within the rules" until the powers that be test them by taking an enforcement action.

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I did not see anything in the article to suggest that Guerero is connected with PED pushing.  He sounds a bit like a snake oil peddler.  It will be interesting to follow, however.

Stop being facts into the discussion!! Let us fantasize ??????

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Is it? Or is it more correct to say: "An arrangement which has not, thus far, been found to be in violation of the NFL's salary cap rules."  If the story is correct that Guerrero is now banned from the Patriots' facilities (not the TB12 center), that would suggest a bit of trepidation on the part of the Pats' brass about exactly how kosher this arrangement may be, no?

All accounting gimmicks are "within the rules" until the powers that be test them by taking an enforcement action.

I'm pretty confident that BB/TB were far ahead of this story coming out.  BB pulled the plug, I'm sure, at the right time.  They push the envelope with every rule the NFL has.  They know the NFL rules probably better than Goodell does.  They definitely know the on field rules better than any ref.  It's why they win.  They are better and they are smarter.  And everyone here is just pissed because they don't work for the Bills.

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't understand how brady hasn't been under ped scrutiny. He's doing things that nobody has ever done and it's all supposed to be this great work out he does. Yeah bull. The guy has been getting better as he ages. 

Avocados and kale. If you are still curious you can purchase his cookbook for $200. The cult of TB12 is going the way of the church of Scientology. 

I have a feeling they are going to regret reading Jimmy G.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't understand how brady hasn't been under ped scrutiny. He's doing things that nobody has ever done and it's all supposed to be this great work out he does. Yeah bull. The guy has been getting better as he ages. 

Plus he never seems to get rattled no matter how many times he’s walloped by 350-lb.  defensive lineman.  Pops right back up, every time.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Avocados and kale. If you are still curious you can purchase his cookbook for $200. The cult of TB12 is going the way of the church of Scientology. 

I have a feeling they are going to regret reading Jimmy G.

I was wondering: if they hadn't come back against the Falcons in the Super Bowl, would they have pulled a Brett Favre-for-Aaron Rodgers move and at least paved the way for Jimmy to take over in 2018?  I have a feeling a lot of teams are going to regret not making a better offer for JG.  He has immediately turned a very young 49ers team into a legitimate competitor for 2018, and I have no doubt now that they'll keep him, even if it requires a franchise tag threat to re-sign him.

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm pretty confident that BB/TB were far ahead of this story coming out.  BB pulled the plug, I'm sure, at the right time.  They push the envelope with every rule the NFL has.  They know the NFL rules probably better than Goodell does.  They definitely know the on field rules better than any ref.  It's why they win.  They are better and they are smarter.  And everyone here is just pissed because they don't work for the Bills.

Well at least Ralph fooled drunk Bob once and it helped keep the Bills in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, major said:

Best part of story: Before becoming associated with Brady, Guerrero ran afoul of the Federal Trade Commission by claiming his nutritional supplement “Supreme Greens” could cure terminal illness. 

There is a thread just like this on PPP.