Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

@sn_nfl

Week 9 NFL picks straight up: Chiefs roll in Dallas; Eagles' trade pays off

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/week-9-nfl-picks-predictions-chiefs-cowboys-eagles-broncos-packers-lions/ouqaxtcmbe2j1psgmvn1w4xul?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Buffalo Bills (5-2) at New York Jets (3-5)

Thursday, 8:25 p.m., NFLN

Beating the Jets on opening day didn’t seem like an omen for the start the Bills have gotten off to. In hindsight, though, all the elements were there: tough, opportunistic defense, LeSean McCoy piling up yards, Tyrod Taylor making the most out of limited weapons, Steven Hauschka upgrading the kicking game. The Jets have not been awful, but they have not overachieved the way the Bills have.

Prediction: Bills, 27-17

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything if you're in the grips of the affliction known as BBFS.

I got it bad, man! I can not rest easy knowing it's a short week, prime time game, against a division rival that ..should.. be fallin apart. I'm so nervous!

@RapSheet

Source: The #Jets are trading for #49ers CB Rashard Robinson.

I got it bad, man! I can not rest easy knowing it's a short week, prime time game, against a division rival that ..should.. be fallin apart. I'm so nervous!

Come on Dan! Not you?!?

@RichCimini

Jets' challenge: BUF has 17 takeaways, tied w/ BALT for most. BUF has forced TO on 21% of possessions. No other D in last 5 yrs has hit 20%.

@lebronstein

Jonah Bronstein Retweeted Rich Cimini

On top of this, #Bills O turning ball over on 3.8% of possessions. Teams that hold NFL record fewest turnovers in full season both above 5%

@RapSheet

Just 22 years old, #49ers CB Rashard Robinson has battled penalties, but the talent has been clear. Gets a fresh start for the #Jets

@FieldYates

Reminder: any player released from this point forward must pass through waivers before becoming a free agent. Vested veterans included.

Legitimately every 49ers fan I see on social media is absolutely thrilled hes gone.

@MaioccoNBCS

Source: The #49ers receive a 2018 fifth-round pick from the Jets for CB Rashard Robinson.

Come on Dan! Not you?!?

Yes! I know. I'm not proud of it... maybe we need a support group for those afflicted with BBFS ?

😊 However.... I must say, its not that I don't think this is a good team or that they're winning in an unsustainable fashion. I just can't help but be nervous until the closing whistle of each game. I've just had my heart broken in so many ways! I'll also say that a single loss nor a single win will will confirm anything ...for me. This is a team I already see moving in the right direction. I just hope they can continue to build on the success they've had this year and we see just how awesome this season can get!

Yes! I know. I'm not proud of it... maybe we need a support group for those afflicted with BBFS ?

However.... I must say, its not that I don't think this is a good team or that they're winning in an unsustainable fashion. I just can't help but be nervous until the closing whistle of each game. I've just had my heart broken in so many ways! I'll also say that a single loss nor a single win will will confirm anything ...for me. This is a team I already see moving in the right direction. I just hope they can continue to build on the success they've had this year and we see just how awesome this season can get!

I totally get this.

LeSean McCoy: "Play Hard And Get A Win" (5:45)
Running Back LeSean McCoy addressed the media after practice topics include; playing on Thursday night, Thursday's game being a division match up, and keeping the run game rolling.

Tyrod Taylor: "I'm Comfortable in This System" (10:09)
The Bills quarterback talks about what he worked on over the bye week that has helped him become more successful, and the importance of getting Shady McCoy going against the Jets.

Poyer: "Turnovers are huge" (1:23)
Bills S Jordan Poyer spoke to the media following the team's practice. Poyer gave an injury update and discussed how the team is preparing for its second match up against the Jets this season.

Jets WR Jeremy Kerley Expects to Play in Week 9

Seven-Year Vet Could Be Suspended by League, Green & White Prepared Either Way.

Jeremy Kerley: 'My Main Focus Is on Thursday' (3:33)

Jets WR Speaks with Reporters in the Locker Room on Tuesday.

Coach Bowles Press Conference (10/31) (9:40)

Jets HC Speaks with Reporters for the Final Time Before the Bills Game.

Benjamin will not make an impact on the feild Thursday. If he dresses maybe a redzone/goaline package at most. This trade though will provide an emotional boost. I think the Bills steamroll the jets and the trade adds to their momentum.

I assume Benjamin won't even make it to Buffalo until tmrw, unless Air Terry picked him up today...

...leaving for NJ tmrw leaves little time. I'd allow him to watch from the sideline. As much as his addition is anticipated, I'd hate his premier to overshadow the game plan and take attention away from what the guys who have been preparing for over the bye and this week.

Get him ready for the saints and coach him up on the play book

He simply needs to line up in formation to make an impact.

Pretty easy.

Although true, there's no point in having him lineup and look like he's just running whatever he feels like out there. Let the players play that know the game plan and get him ready for NO.

I assume Benjamin won't even make it to Buffalo until tmrw, unless Air Terry picked him up today...

...leaving for NJ tmrw leaves little time. I'd allow him to watch from the sideline. As much as his addition is anticipated, I'd hate his premier to overshadow the game plan and take attention away from what the guys who have been preparing for over the bye and this week.

Get him ready for the saints and coach him up on the play book

beane said hed arrive sometime tonight

NFL.com: Five things to watch for in Bills-Jets on 'TNF'

The Buffalo Bills are trying to keep pace with the New England Patriots atop the AFC East. The New York Jets are attempting to stop a three-game losing skid and rekindle the magic that had them sitting tied for first place in the division earlier this year. What are we watching for when the two kick off at 8:25 p.m. ET

1. Kelvin Benjamin is shockingly a Bill after a wild last-minute trade from the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday.

2. Waching who will defend Benjamin, or any other Bills wideout for that matter, will be something worth eyeing as well.

3. LeSean McCoy burned the Jets once already this season.

4. Matt Forte wasn't pleased with Jets offensive coordinator John Morton after their loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

5. Robby Anderson is quietly becoming a go-to guy for Josh McCown.

The Jets are playing a helluva lot better than most expected. They could easily have 5 wins, too. They choked in some games.

One statement can't be true if the other one is.

Prisco says "Jets Upset Bills"

Buffalo (5-2) at New York Jets (3-5)

Thursday, 8:25 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

The Bills are one of the surprise teams so far at 5-2, but this is a division rival on a short week. That can be a problem. I think the Jets are playing feisty football and will do so here. In fact, I think the defense leads them to an upset victory.

Prisco is a choad.

Wilkerson, Claiborne unable to practice for Jets

It’s not looking good for Jets Pro Bowl DL Muhammad Wilkerson. He and starting CB Morris Claiborne were unable to practice for a second straight day.

Head coach Todd Bowles expressed doubt that Wilkerson would be ready to return from shoulder and foot injuries in time for Thursday night’s game. He thought Claiborne would be able to get back in time for the game against the Bills, but after missing Tuesday’s practice that hope had to take a hit. Claiborne is dealing with a foot injury.

Starting RT Brandon Shell also had a setback as he went from a limited participant Monday to a non-participant on Tuesday with a neck injury. Here’s a look at the Jets injury report.

2uhlle1.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870656/article/five-things-to-watch-for-in-billsjets-on-tnf

Five things to watch for in Bills-Jets on 'TNF'

1. Kelvin Benjamin is shockingly a Bill after a wild last-minute trade from the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday. With only about 48 hours to prepare for the Thursday night tilt with his new team, will he play?

2. Waching [sic] who will defend Benjamin, or any other Bills wideout for that matter, will be something worth eyeing as well.

3. LeSean McCoy burned the Jets once already this season.

4. Matt Forte wasn't pleased with Jets offensive coordinator John Morton after their loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. The tailback wanted the ball on the ground more in a game played in the driving rain.

5. Robby Anderson is quietly becoming a go-to guy for Josh McCown. His six catches last week were a season high and his 104 yards were a career high.

Who is this Robbie Anderson dude? Man , I have been hearing his name a ton! Between him and ASJ, sounds like a pretty potent inside-out game.

They are not world-beaters, but have been reliable targets for McCown. I loved ASJ when he came out. Seemed like a complete TE.

However.... I must say, its not that I don't think this is a good team or that they're winning in an unsustainable fashion. I just can't help but be nervous until the closing whistle of each game. I've just had my heart broken in so many ways! I'll also say that a single loss nor a single win will will confirm anything ...for me. This is a team I already see moving in the right direction. I just hope they can continue to build on the success they've had this year and we see just how awesome this season can get!

Welcome to my world.

I suspect that the Jets are going to try to change things up and run it down our throats tomorrow - hope the front seven is prepared.

They will definitely try. Especially after Matt Forte complained to the media about abandoning the run game last week.

ERIC WOOD: "EXTREMELY BIG GAME" (5:08)

Offensive Lineman Eric Wood addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; playing a team for the second time in a year, playing in the spot light on Thursday night, and finding the rhythm sooner in games.

Wide Receiver Zay Jones addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; playing in his first prime time game, run blocking, and the excitement building around this team.

Who is this Robbie Anderson dude? Man , I have been hearing his name a ton! Between him and ASJ, sounds like a pretty potent inside-out game.

Oh just another one of Bandit's 2016 draft steals that the entire league fell asleep on:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184221-2016-draft-wrte-thread/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3858561

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184221-2016-draft-wrte-thread/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3897695

:lol:

I suspect that the Jets are going to try to change things up and run it down our throats tomorrow - hope the front seven is prepared.

Indeed...it would shock me if they took any other approach

Oh just another one of Bandit's 2016 draft steals that the entire league fell asleep on:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184221-2016-draft-wrte-thread/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3858561

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184221-2016-draft-wrte-thread/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3897695

Nice!

i actually remember this and there are a few guys who make me think of you when I see them - Elandon Roberts is another.