Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaguars Acquire DT Marcell Dareus

The Jaguars rank sixth in the NFL in total defense – second in pass defense and 31st in run defense. They have allowed just over 192 yards a game rushing in their three losses this season.

He's def what they needed as even here he was still very good at stuffing the run. He also will not see nearly as much double coverage due to other DL weapons there. it will be interesting to see how this shakes out for Jax. I have a feeling Jax will completely renegotiate his contract next year as well.

Edited by Real McCoy

He was virtually "dead cap" when we had him (another poster pointed out Cedric Thornton has more tackles). So dumping him is a straight $7 million save short term (this year and next). Plus free after next year! Yay!

Watkins, Gilmore, Dareus - we have completely flipped our cap situation while stockpiling picks and improving on field performance. I am stunned. So pleased.

Pump the brakes on the Jax D please:

• 6th in yards/game;
  • 2nd in points/game;
  • 1st in total sacks;
  • 2nd in INTs;
  • tied for 1st in forced fumbles

They've beaten Indy which along with Cle are the worst in the league. Houston before Watson. Baltimore, another awful team. And Pitt, a quality team that Jax caught on a Big Ben bad day. 5 of their 10 picks came in that game alone. They've lost to the JETS! Got smoked by Tenn and LA. Their run D is terrible which is why Marcell was acquired.

I'm not hating on Jax, there 's a lot of young talent on that teams D and it helps playing in that division as well. Bortles will continue to drag that team down when he be forced to carry them, and it will happen.

Im feeling very redeemed for all the crap I took for posting the infamous "facebook interaction" with Marcel a week or so ago, where he declared that hed be traded by the deadline. Where theres smoke....

i linked your thread in here. I actually dont know why people didnt believe it considering there have been reports for months that they were trying to get rid of him.

• 6th in yards/game;
  • 2nd in points/game;
  • 1st in total sacks;
  • 2nd in INTs;
They've beaten Indy which along with Cle are the worst in the league. Houston before Watson. Baltimore, another awful team. And Pitt, a quality team that Jax caught on a Big Ben bad day. 5 of their 10 picks came in that game alone. They've lost to the JETS! Got smoked by Tenn and LA. Their run D is terrible which is why Marcell was acquired.

I'm not hating on Jax, there 's a lot of young talent on that teams D and it helps playing in that division as well. Bortles will continue to drag that team down when he be forced to carry them, and it will happen.

Yup - much like us, a middle of the pack team thatll be fighting for a wildcard down the stretch. They will win some they shouldnt and likewise lose some they shouldnt.

not necessarily. it matters how Dareus left as to what the savings realized were going to be.

Fair enough but the savings would have been substantial after next season too. This wasnt like a salary dump in baseball or basketball. The entire amount doesnt go with the player.

• 6th in yards/game;
  • 2nd in points/game;
  • 1st in total sacks;
  • 2nd in INTs;

I guess I hadnt dug I to their schedule. Thats definitely interesting.

Will be interesting to see how this defense plays this week because if we do lose the Raiders as most expect and the defense is horrible again some critics will no doubt point the finger and Beane and McD for their eagerness to unload a player like Dareus.

another fail post by the great scout saviorpeterman.

who are these "as most expect"

this is just two sites who must not fit your most expect group.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

I'll throw in yardbarker for the hell of it.

The Raiders may have saved their season with a thrilling win over Kansas City, one that cannot even be termed "last-second," because the winning play happened on an untimed down. With Denver suddenly looking vulnerable and most of the rest of the AFC unspectacular if not outright flawed, 3-4 is not a death sentence for playoff hopes. That said, if Buffalo can continue its run of successfully playing takeaway on defense, the Bills can kill two birds with one stone –strengthen their playoff hopes, while denting Oakland's wild-card chances. Tyrod Taylor has been steady, and while Buffalo's turnover margin may not be sustainable, it's getting harder to bet against a team whose confidence seems to be building steadily week after week.

Pick: Bills

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_week_8_predictions/s1__24863093

post-26084-0-81438600-1509196465_thumb.jpg

He was a part time role player this season. He was soft on the run. Remember him getting bulldozed into the end zone on a run? He was halfway out the door already. Minimal effort when he was out there. The guy had the talent but not the drive or heart like Kyle Williams. If they could only get a 6th, that tells you how the rest of the league views him.

You are 100% wrong here.

Im feeling very redeemed for all the crap I took for posting the infamous "facebook interaction" with Marcel a week or so ago, where he declared that hed be traded by the deadline. Where theres smoke....

we're all happy for you

The Raiders may have saved their season with a thrilling win over Kansas City, one that cannot even be termed "last-second," because the winning play happened on an untimed down. With Denver suddenly looking vulnerable and most of the rest of the AFC unspectacular if not outright flawed, 3-4 is not a death sentence for playoff hopes. That said, if Buffalo can continue its run of successfully playing takeaway on defense, the Bills can kill two birds with one stone strengthen their playoff hopes, while denting Oakland's wild-card chances. Tyrod Taylor has been steady, and while Buffalo's turnover margin may not be sustainable, it's getting harder to bet against a team whose confidence seems to be building steadily week after week.

The only thing that worries me is our secondary going up against crabtree,cook,roberts, and cooper..

The Raiders may have saved their season with a thrilling win over Kansas City, one that cannot even be termed "last-second," because the winning play happened on an untimed down. With Denver suddenly looking vulnerable and most of the rest of the AFC unspectacular if not outright flawed, 3-4 is not a death sentence for playoff hopes. That said, if Buffalo can continue its run of successfully playing takeaway on defense, the Bills can kill two birds with one stone –strengthen their playoff hopes, while denting Oakland's wild-card chances. Tyrod Taylor has been steady, and while Buffalo's turnover margin may not be sustainable, it's getting harder to bet against a team whose confidence seems to be building steadily week after week.

Most of the so called "experts" have the Bills winning on Sunday.

I love this organization. The Bills are in such good shape moving forward. Dareus wasn't even a reason why the D is performing well this year.

I don't ever like to confuse the NFL player with the individual off the field. Dareus has dealt with hardship and heartache off the field and it's no doubt impacted him and has shaped who he is. He seems like a decent guy and I wish him well.

Dareus the player was a tremendous disapppointment. He found ways to be a distraction, several in fact. He's selfish in the sense that he had consistent issues with drug tests, and personally I'd be fine if he failed another in Jville and another thereafter. I'm old school in the sense that if you take money to do a job, and subsequently f around to the extent it impacts your performance, that's on you. If he somehow finds a way to right his career and perform at a consistently high level, well, I hope he fails a drug test even more. That part is because I'm petty.

He's no Bruce Dickinson, I'll tell you that.