Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Ill be that guy. :( I dont think the Bills are going to the playoffs this year. I dont think they were going with Dareus either. I also dont think the Jags are going. In the end both teams will still need a QB. Im in for the soft rebuild. I want to build a championship team. We will see.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good one to completely ignore for the ignominious inanity.

My main concern and I am very concerned is that I can't find the ignore button ;)

Ill be that guy. :( I dont think the Bills are going to the playoffs this year. I dont think they were going with Dareus either. I also dont think the Jags are going. In the end both teams will still need a QB. Im in for the soft rebuild. I want to build a championship team. We will see.

A win this week and you never know.

I am actually excited about going to the game and its been a while for that.

I might agree. Well see - this traditionally has been the point in the season when the wheels start falling off...

My main concern and I am very concerned is that I can't find the ignore button ;)

A win this week and you never know.

I am actually excited about going to the game and its been a while for that.

absolutely - they have a shot right now and it would be incredibly fun if they made it. Realistically I dont see it though - just thinking with my head. I think that its going to be the usual suspects in the playoffs again. But this is the last year for that imo. Afc QBs getting too old. Time for new blood! That said - crush the Raiders!

I might agree. Well see - this traditionally has been the point in the season when the wheels start falling off...

im not even looking at what the Bills have done previously... imo its a completely new organization. Im just looking at their injuries/depth and schedule.

I love this organization. The Bills are in such good shape moving forward. Dareus wasn't even a reason why the D is performing well this year.

The Dareus transaction isn't something to lament about--- it's a transaction that should be praised. It demonstrates that the organization has an ethos that centers around effort, team mentality and character. The Bills are rebuilding the roster with the type of players who fit the ethos that is being promoted. It's not just idle talk. It's being enacted on.

I have said it before that I don't think this is a playoff team mostly because it is too thin. As the season advances the injuries are going to deplete the talent. But I'm not disturbed by that. What I see that I am encouraged about is an organization that is acting in unison and purpose. This new regime isn't simply talking the good talk; they are acting it out. Kudos!

This.

I didn't expect playoffs prior to any of the trades. I still don't. I'm enjoying what they've accomplished to date, on and off the field, and will continue to do so regardless of how this season plays out.

Better days ahead.

The Dareus transaction isn't something to lament about--- it's a transaction that should be praised. It demonstrates that the organization has an ethos that centers around effort, team mentality and character. The Bills are rebuilding the roster with the type of players who fit the ethos that is being promoted. It's not just idle talk. It's being enacted on.

I have said it before that I don't think this is a playoff team mostly because it is too thin. As the season advances the injuries are going to deplete the talent. But I'm not disturbed by that. What I see that I am encouraged about is an organization that is acting in unison and purpose. This new regime isn't simply talking the good talk; they are acting it out. Kudos!

Yes, it's a Patriot-like approach.

AS A NT. Lets not claim that is replaceable. How many Two Gap NT and recently a penetrating NT that plays in a heavy rotation have 6.5 sacks in 28 games

Eyeballs.

Do you see him making a difference out there? Do you see him earning his keep and massive contract.

He'll be a disaster for the Jags after next season.

I listed a decades worth of 6th round picks earlier: Xavier Omon, Cary Harris, Danny Batten, Chris White, Mark Asper, Dustin Hopkins, Tony Steward, Nick OLeary, Kolby Listenbee, Kevon Seymour and the aforementioned Tanner Vallejo. This wasnt cherry picking a 6th round scrub. It was painting a harsh reality of the type of talent that is acquired in the 6th round.

I would rather put up with Dareus personality than Vallejo and $2M in space. He wouldnt have been on my roster in 2019 but he would have been through 2018. It was a cost/benefit issue imo. I dont for one second believe that Dareus was influencing/poisoning anyone in that locker room. He was a goofball by all accounts. Even if he was lazy and apathetic that wasnt rubbing off on anyone else. They should have tried to maximize his talent or gotten enough value back to warrant shipping him out. If that wasnt the case, which it wasnt, he should have been on the roster until that happened. You had an out after 2018.

Youre too concerned with the draft pick. Would you have felt better if they just cut him after the year? He is an injury and suspension risk, and they found an opportunity now to eliminate his salary ramifications after next season. The 6th/5th rounder is the least important part of this trade. Its like when people say we traded Sammy Watkins for an injured CB. Blatantly ignoring all the reasons these moves are made.