Jordan Poyer injury - Out for Raiders game

YoloinOhio

You used Aloe Vera didn't you?

Sounds like a way to shut somebody up.

Wife comes in the room n says, why you keep leaving your clothes in the living room? You know we have hangers right? Then u say, ahhhhhh Shamarko Thomas

That really could be the answer to almost anything.

Why can't we all get along? Shamarko Thomas.

Who have you been sleeping with behind my back? Sharmarko Thomas.

What do you call that thing that looks kinda like a gekko but has a fin and swims? Sharmarko Thomas.

Where is the nearest place to get some taquitos or pinto beans in a can? Shamarko Thomas.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really could be the answer to almost anything.

Why can't we all get along? Shamarko Thomas.

Who have you been sleeping with behind my back? Sharmarko Thomas.

What do you call that thing that looks kinda like a gekko but has a fin and swims? Sharmarko Thomas.

Where is the nearest place to get some taquitos or pinto beans in a can? Shamarko Thomas.

Sounds like correct answers to me. But wait, Sharmarko with 2 Rs is a female i hope. Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

So we can count on a "Anyone concerned about the Raiders?" thread from you?

Shocking

Can we just tell him that we are concerned with each game as the come up on the schedule. This way he doesn't have to start a new thread each week.

Edited by klos63

Any updates? Heard he was day to day, has there been any other updates if he is progressing well? It would be a big blow not to have him Sunday.

update as of McD's 9:30 presser: he is still day to day, will not be practicing today (same for Gaines)

If Poyer is playing on Sunday I would suspect he's going to be limited in practice tomorrow, then also limited at worse on Friday. Same thing for Gaines.

Either way this staff seems to be very cautious and not banking on either of them for Sunday. Last time Gaines didn't start we lost at Cincy.

If Poyer is playing on Sunday I would suspect he's going to be limited in practice tomorrow, then also limited at worse on Friday. Same thing for Gaines.

Either way this staff seems to be very cautious and not banking on either of them for Sunday. Last time Gaines didn't start we lost at Cincy.

Gaines and a #2 for Watkins is looking better and better

How's that with Gaines either missing games or not finishing them due to injury?

Sammy has 5 catches for 70 yards his last 4 games. He is a diva, that is getting outplayed by a rookie from Eastern Washington. We dumped cap, gained an additional pick. And Gaines has been a big factor in one of the better defenses in the NFL. What's not to love?

Sammy has 5 catches for 70 yards his last 4 games. He is a diva, that is getting outplayed by a rookie from Eastern Washington. We dumped cap, gained an additional pick. And Gaines has been a big factor in one of the better defenses in the NFL. What's not to love?

Whose on-field presence do you think contributes to the successful underneath routes that enables Kupp, Woods, and Gurley get receptions on? I guarantee you that Watkins is a factor irrespective of numbers. Ignore it you wish, but Gaines durability or lack thereof is ironically a problem.

You know who else has had a lot of injuries? Julio Jones! Gaines is basically Julio!

Gaines has had one solid season, one season lost completely to injury, one bad season, and one solid quarter-season that includes leaving every game with an injury and missing one game entirely.

I refuse to let this boil down to a Watkins discussion, but his availability is tantamount to Ripken-esque in comparison to Gaines'

Whose on-field presence do you think contributes to the successful underneath routes that enables Kupp, Woods, and Gurley get receptions on? I guarantee you that Watkins is a factor irrespective of numbers. Ignore it you wish, but Gaines durability or lack thereof is ironically a problem.

Todd Gurley?

I was as big a Sammy fan as anyone, and shocked when they made that trade. And Sammy did have one great game this year. But he hasn't ever put it together consistantly in the NFL. And I am not sure he ever does. Not to mention, he hasn't been healthy much his career either. All factors considered, Beane made a very nice deal IMO

@BradleyGelber

From Poyer's fiance... Doesn't sound super promising for Sunday. #Bills

DNAdjYeWAAE7De3.jpg

@Nick_Wojton

VIDEO: Jordan Poyer(knee) said he's taking things "day-by-day" this week. Added he was v nervous at first, then realized he was good. #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/923271404971286528/pu/vid/1280x720/sRo8NNjo7y7ifZmY.mp4

@JonScottTV

Jordan Poyer leading the #Bills injury report with knee injury. He's encouraged by progress made in short time. Here are full thoughts.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/923273066398003201/pu/vid/1280x720/sOoXUrvq27ASsTax.mp4

I'm assuming if Poyer is out, Elston starts?

Bummed about Poyer, but looking forward to watching what Elston does!

For real though lol... Riding a bike like that in Manhattan will get u run over by a bus.

I'd be more concerned for Humber. He isn't even holding onto the handlebars!

I'm assuming if Poyer is out, Elston starts?

Bummed about Poyer, but looking forward to watching what Elston does!

I'd be more concerned for Humber. He isn't even holding onto the handlebars!

I would be excited to see him play any other week but this week to be honest. The Raiders WR corps scares me a little especially with a newbie Safety playing his first game for us along with the absence of our 2nd best corner in Gaines. The Raiders displayed what they are capable of against a secondary without their best player. I'm hoping the weather comes into play and they'll have to run more which plays into our favor. Plus, Cooper has had issues with drops.

Todd Gurley?

I was as big a Sammy fan as anyone, and shocked when they made that trade. And Sammy did have one great game this year. But he hasn't ever put it together consistantly in the NFL. And I am not sure he ever does. Not to mention, he hasn't been healthy much his career either. All factors considered, Beane made a very nice deal IMO

One of Gurley's TD runs was all setup by a big Sammy Watkins killer block this past weekend. And, Sammy DID put it together in 2015 over the 9 games to end the season after the bye where he was healthy after the early season rib injury.

There is a BIG issue in LA with the Rams people commonly are over looking. Goff is NOT lighting up the field by any means.

He is only averaging 245 yards per game and barely over 1 TD per game. He's only had 2 games with more than 1 TD, and had a game with zero. He has not been great at throwing down field either, so the guys benefiting the most are the guys consistently running shorter routes or seeing single coverage like Woods, Kupp and the TE's.

Sammy is drawing the attention of the top corners, allowing guys like Woods and Kupp more room to operate, and Sammy is often double teamed. I watch every Rams game, and if anyone watched the game they would see all these same things. It mostly falls on Goff who is taking of advantages of the openings elsewhere while Sammy draws the better DB's and doubles.

Goff still has a long way to go as a passer, and that is by far the biggest reason for Sammy's lack of recent production. Watkins is out there stretching the field on a lot of his routes with a QB who isnt very good throwing downfield yet and has a ton of weapons underneath seeing single coverage because of Watkins that are easier, higher percentage throws.

One of Gurley's TD runs was all setup by a big Sammy Watkins killer block this past weekend. And, Sammy DID put it together in 2015 over the 9 games to end the season after the bye where he was healthy after the early season rib injury.

There is a BIG issue in LA with the Rams people commonly are over looking. Goff is NOT lighting up the field by any means.

He is only averaging 245 yards per game and barely over 1 TD per game. He's only had 2 games with more than 1 TD, and had a game with zero. He has not been great at throwing down field either, so the guys benefiting the most are the guys consistently running shorter routes or seeing single coverage like Woods, Kupp and the TE's.

Sammy is drawing the attention of the top corners, allowing guys like Woods and Kupp more room to operate, and Sammy is often double teamed. I watch every Rams game, and if anyone watched the game they would see all these same things. It mostly falls on Goff who is taking of advantages of the openings elsewhere while Sammy draws the better DB's and doubles.

Goff still has a long way to go as a passer, and that is by far the biggest reason for Sammy's lack of recent production. Watkins is out there stretching the field on a lot of his routes with a QB who isnt very good throwing downfield yet and has a ton of weapons underneath seeing single coverage because of Watkins that are easier, higher percentage throws.

I already linked Goff's stats, short passing game isn't true. He rated very well in every category. I'm not sure if you are the same guy who said this before but it's false.