Vick on Tyrod: "You've got a god given talent. Use it."

would you please leave the community?

I know he doesnt like Taylor but I will agree with what he said. I think Taylor gives the Bills the best chance right but if he keeps holding on to the ball and not taking some chances, then the offense will continue to stall. If that happens you may see Peterman after a couple games.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I would imagine behind the scenes he probably told Taylor to step up his game because this kid behind him is extremely talented and eager to get his chance.

Wow. It's like you're there in Vick's head........

This isn't college. Tyrod wouldn't last two games.

Well in that case ................ Run, Forrest, run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like your ten years old.

He sounds like his ten year old what?

yeah but eventually the status quo will continue to leave. Or we will go after him full bore

I didn't know the ire had grown to that point. What exactly has been done to make it that bad? I think I'm missing something.

For the sake of my entertainment, I vote the later.

SaviorPete 2020

On April Fools Day 2018 lets give SaviorPeterman moderator abilities for 24 hours and see what happens

Honestly, I'd like to live in that timeline. I really don't see a downside.

I didn't know the ire had grown to that point. What exactly has been done to make it that bad? I think I'm missing something.

For the sake of my entertainment, I vote the later.

SaviorPete 2020

Honestly, I'd like to live in that timeline. I really don't see a downside.

shitposting on this board is shitposting on this board

Fair enough, I suppose that is what the PPP area is for. That said, I really don't see why ignoring the guy is so hard. I mean, at some point it takes two to tango.

Nothing as far as I know, at least it wasn't in the interview.

But I would imagine behind the scenes he probably told Taylor to step up his game because this kid behind him is extremely talented and eager to get his chance.

That would contradict his intimation that unloading Watkins meant McD beloved in Tyrod.

If anything it should provide motivation, Taylor needs to stop overthinking things and worry about turnovers and let it rip.

I've always felt he's essentially a 'poor mans Vick' anyway and when Vick was at his best (as a passer) he was firing rockets.

Most critics would appreciate Taylor a lot more, including myself, if he simply took more chances and gave his WR's opportunities to make plays instead of waiting for the perfect situation when they are wide open. He has to understand the talent level we have and these guys aren't good enough to get open on their own in most cases and that's what great QB's do, they elevate the talent around them by giving them opportunities.

Exactly, he's going to have to throw people open. Throw some 50/50 balls. Thread the needle occasionally. And use you instincts and run more. This is probably his final year with Buffalo, as auditions go. Take some chances TT.

You need someone to pull that splinter out of your a$$.

Fair enough, I suppose that is what the PPP area is for. That said, I really don't see why ignoring the guy is so hard. I mean, at some point it takes two to tango.

he sucks someone in every time who doesn't know it. And that's wrong about PPP. It used to be great for discussion. Now it's just a cesspool of Tiberius wasting people's time

Exactly, he's going to have to throw people open. Throw some 50/50 balls. Thread the needle occasionally. And use you instincts and run more. This is probably his final year with Buffalo, as auditions go. Take some chances TT.

You need someone to pull that splinter out of your a$$.

wanna volunteer? We will need a safe word and candles.

What did Vick have to say about Peterman?

I should be your sponsor and buy you drinks and noshes as whimmed for.

and i like the cut of your jib DC.

Be you Baby!

17-2

Sunday cant come soon enough

never rush through life. trust me on this.

enjoy the ride for what it is.

I find peterman, see >saint, a pleasant counter.

I do skip over most of the responses he gets now though. Funny how someone innocuous and yet persistent enough can raise the ire and dander up as well as he/she/it does. Points are awarded for the game being played by saintpete.

I do skip over most of the responses he gets now though. Funny how someone innocuous and yet persistent enough can raise the ire and dander up as well as he/she/it does. Points are awarded for the game being played by saintpete.

much logic and good share of wisdom spoke in this post.

kudos

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Days

6 Hours, 12 Minutes, 29 Seconds

Nice

Be you Baby!

17-2

Just to end the endless ramblings and insults

Be you Baby!

17-2

Just to end the endless ramblings and insults

for a few brief moments

I remember going to a game and seeing a Vick-led Falcons team versus what was at the time I think a good Bills defense. What left an impression with me with Vick was not his legs, but (1) how much bigger he looked in the pocket than I expected and (2) that he climbed the pocket and threw the ball with authority, zip, and accuracy. I get that his throwing stats are pretty similar to Taylor's, but I think Vick was an underrated pocket passer.

Vick wasn't a pocket passer.vick struggled being consistent from the pocket. Besides Daryl Green from Washington, no one was faster than Vick on the field. Vicks greatest attribute was his ability to get to top speed in very few steps. Also Vick was so fast he could get the corner on defenders who thought they had the right angle.

Not sure what Vick could teach Taylor. Vick had a ton of talent. Later in his career did Vick learn how to read defenses , by that time his speed had diminished.

What did Vick have to say about Peterman?

That hes better than Brady and should be the starter.

But unfortunately he doesn't appear to have the intangibles Flutie had.

Good ol flutie. Greatest qb to never win a playoff game. At least hes transitioned nicely into his adult film career as 'Skin Flutie'.

I remember going to a game and seeing a Vick-led Falcons team versus what was at the time I think a good Bills defense. What left an impression with me with Vick was not his legs, but (1) how much bigger he looked in the pocket than I expected and (2) that he climbed the pocket and threw the ball with authority, zip, and accuracy. I get that his throwing stats are pretty similar to Taylor's, but I think Vick was an underrated pocket passer.

Didn't he throw a ball like 90 yards in a skills competition?

You asked a question and I answered it.

Speculation aside, Taylor isn't an idiot. He knows Peterman is McD and Beane's guy and they've already raved about him. This is a win now league and if Taylor flounders this year he's done as a starter and will be competing for a backup job on another team. So it's realistic to assume Vick probably echoed those thoughts to him if the topic came up.

Either way Taylor still has a chance (albeit a small one) to piss excellence and become a legend in Buffalo if he can be the guy to take this team back to the playoffs for the first time since the little general did back in 99', Taylor is actually similar to Flutie in some ways and has a better arm believe it or not. But unfortunately he doesn't appear to have the intangibles Flutie had.

If you're more talented and have more hunger than Taylor, why are you still on the bench?

Thanks for stopping by Nate

Edited by JaxBills

That hes better than Brady and should be the starter.

Good ol flutie. Greatest qb to never win a playoff game. At least hes transitioned nicely into his adult film career as 'Skin Flutie

Archie Manning was five times the QB Flutie ever dreamed of being.

Vick wasn't a pocket passer.vick struggled being consistent from the pocket. Besides Daryl Green from Washington, no one was faster than Vick on the field. Vicks greatest attribute was his ability to get to top speed in very few steps. Also Vick was so fast he could get the corner on defenders who thought they had the right angle.

Not sure what Vick could teach Taylor. Vick had a ton of talent. Later in his career did Vick learn how to read defenses , by that time his speed had diminished.

....I'd say he had a greater level of game awareness as in the mental aspect/speed of the game to go along with his physical attributes......having OC's whose game plans exploited those talents as much as possible versus forcing him into something he would not be (agree with your pocket passer assessment) also helped.....