Vlad Ducasse vs John Miller

soooo we keep on hatin' Vlad, but all signs point to Miller being worse. keep it up guys.

Miller has really struggled in the zone scheme...this was reported by several people including Joe Buscaglia and Sal Capaccio(cue the song...)

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Bills go back to the old blocking scheme. You know the one that made Bills line a great rushing line and an OK passing line, Miller will revert to good and Vlad will revert to his career terrible path?

Miller was one of the best guards in the NFL last season according to PFF. The fall to this is an indictment on the coaching staff.

Just keep adding to the positions of need bc the offensive coaches are dinosaurs.

It the Bills way. It is "The Process" :death:

I'm not a subscriber to PFF but they have graded Ducasse much higher than Miller this season. Ducasse at 73.8 and Miller at 39.1. Maybe the coaches have the same grades.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/john-miller/9514

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/vladimir-ducasse/5586

PFF's OL grading leaves a lot to be desired.

Cover1 has an interesting piece on Ducasse vs Miller with detailed assessment of which has me re-thinking

http://www.cover1.net/an-edge-in-athleticism-has-landed-vladimir-ducasse-in-the-lineup/

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

The only one getting impaled will be Tyrod from Vlad's embarrassing play...

Well, Shady will probably get impaled regularly, too. Vlad ain't exactly DY-NO-MITE in the run game, either.

Miller was one of the best guards in the NFL last season according to PFF. The fall to this is an indictment on the coaching staff.

Just keep adding to the positions of need bc the offensive coaches are dinosaurs.

No, the Bills have a plan. We poor ignorant fans just don't "understand" what it is ... at least according to some Bills stalwarts.

They may even be right ... if Vlad Ducasse is part of McDermott's plan to build a Super Bowl team by surrounding a franchise QB to be named later with JAGs, ST refugees, and failed high draft picks who work hard and play for cheap. Understand, I'm not saying it will work (it hasn't over the previous 17 years), but I think that might be the plan.

Edited by SoTier

Vlad's got dirt on McDermott. That is the only explanation I can think of.

Vlad is the worst starting OLman in the NFL.

Or Miller is in the doghouse. Its not like Miller was doing any better. If he was it wasn't by much. The coaches see way more than we do. Not saying they are right, but there is just stuff we don't know.

John Miller is a mauling straight ahead blocker who excels in run blocking. Doesn't fit this new scheme. Yet another player that was drafted to fit a scheme that the team no longer runs. And Ducasse is terrible but has experience in the zone system.

....and I believe we were #1 in rushing.......it takes a helluva long time to get an OL all on the same page in unison and chemistry built....Cowher called it "THE most important UNIT on the football field.....with no cohesion and chemistry, everything else will fail on offense"......so to whose benefit is it to tinker with a scheme that made you Top Dawg?......I missed the memo.......

Or Miller is in the doghouse. Its not like Miller was doing any better. If he was it wasn't by much. The coaches see way more than we do. Not saying they are right, but there is just stuff we don't know.

....he may be but doesn't it sound like it may be because of adaptability to zone scheme?....he was highly rated last year on PFF and now the bottom falls out?......interesting..........