Anybody else concerned about the Tampa game?

We've seen the Bills in this spot before, coming off a bye week or facing a reeling opponent in which fans and pundits believe they should be able to take care of business.

Looking at the numbers the Bucs defense is terrible currently ranked 31st overall in terms of yards allowed so there is one advantage for the Bills to exploit.

Conversely they are currently ranked #4 overall in total offense which on paper is the best the Bills have faced all season and should be a good test to see McD and Frasier's defense can hold up.

Personally I believe this is a must win game for the Bills. Some will claim it's not especially since it's another non conference opponent but a loss would no doubt ramp up the criticism of the bills being pretenders. I also believe this is quite possibly Taylor's biggest game of his NFL career and he cannot afford to come out of the bye week struggling and posting pedestrian numbers again against this defense.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important home game against an opponent they should beat. TB is hurting at QB (although I believe Winston will play), but they look to be getting healthy on defense. Especially their LB'ers. I'm not "concerned" about any of these games at this point. I didn't even expect to be 3-2 at this point in the season, so it's all gravy to me. I expect a big game for Buffalo.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Important home game against an opponent they should beat. TB is hurting at QB (although I believe Winston will play), but they look to be getting healthy on defense. Especially their LB'ers. I'm not "concerned" about any of these games at this point. I didn't even expect to be 3-2 at this point in the season, so it's all gravy to me. I expect a big game for Buffalo.

Will be interesting to see how McD has this team prepared especially after a brutal loss against a Bengals team that I still don't think is very good.

Stakes are high in Buffalo and they can't let this Bucs team get rolling early and jump out to an early lead.

Shouldn't every game concern us?

Will be interesting to see how McD has this team prepared especially after a brutal loss against a Bengals team that I still don't think is very good.

Stakes are high in Buffalo and they can't let this Bucs team get rolling early and jump out to an early lead.

Is a late lead preferable?

I'm worried about all the games

Me too, at least when this team is still in contention so to speak. But if this team is out of the playoff picture again by Thanksgiving/early December at least my anxiety will be gone and I can relax again.

But this game has me petrified because sadly we've seen this same script before. Hoping and praying things are different this year.

Define "concerned".

That sinking feeling that the season will be over for all intents and purposes if we lose this game. The realization this team simply isn't that good and bound for an 18th straight year without the playoffs.

Similar to the Jags london game in 2015, at miami last year, etc. Yes there were still many games left but you got the sense this team was already finished.

That sinking feeling that the season will be over for all intents and purposes if we lose this game. The realization this team simply isn't that good and bound for an 18th straight year without the playoffs.

Similar to the Jags london game in 2015, at miami last year, etc. Yes there were still many games left but you got the sense this team was already finished.

Did you expect them to make the playoffs in preseason?

I'll never understand how some people that frequent online forums can act so immature....like giddy school girls and stalkers quite frankly. No wonder the Pegula's shut down the official forum on the Bills website, too many crybabies and real trolls there quite frankly.

All these baseless accusations are funny though and I'm not taking the bait. Let's talk some football for pete's sake!

HighFootballIQ

That's it. You have mental issues, OP.

I'll never understand how some people that frequent online forums can act so immature....like giddy school girls and stalkers quite frankly. No wonder the Pegula's shut down the official forum on the Bills website, too many crybabies and real trolls there quite frankly.

All these baseless accusations are funny though and I'm not taking the bait. Let's talk some football for pete's sake!

Such as yourself.

Sometimes there aren't a lot of topics to discuss every week. One of my favorite quotes - 'don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence'

When you have a QB that averages less than 200 yards in this 30+ starts, every game in concerning. We were damn lucky to beat Denver & Atlanta and the reason we played 4 of the 5 defenses to start the year is because they played us and skewed the stats. Every defense will have a big day against us.

Edited by uticaclub

When you have a QB that averages less than 200 yards in this 30+ starts, every game in concerning. We were damn lucky to beat Denver & Atlanta and the reason we played 4 of the 5 defenses to start the year is because they played us and skewed the stats. Every defense will have a big day against us.

You really do have to wonder what it would take to bench Taylor. Guarantee the booing from the fans will be deafening if we struggle this week and Taylor in particular isn't playing well again.

Deep down I still believe we are inching close to the beginning of the Peterman era, possibly at halftime this week.

So question for everyone in this thread - I already have this guy blocked, but is there a way to block threads posted by him as well? I've clicked on 4-5 already today and it's getting pretty old.

Edited by kdub

Well, makes up for the games the defense cost the team the last two years when the offense scored a lot of points.