Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’m on a train traveling through New Jersey and it hit something. We stopped. So we are stuck here somewhere in the swamps of Jersey

Blah 

So.  Valery finally thought it was safe to come out of hiding.  Ironic he gets clipped by the 3:10 from Yuma. 🙁

(The Sopranos)

On 1/19/2023 at 4:49 PM, muppy said:

YEP

lipstick.jpg

Tell him to buy his own tube of lipstick!  

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tell him to buy his own tube of lipstick!  

A guy wearing lipstick with a matching color manicure YES PLEASE. That is one confident hombre right there. Guys wearing colored manicured fingernails is a musicians forte and I like it just sayin'

If a man can carry a man purse he can wear lipstick too. Just do NOT look better than me whilst doin it.

😊

m

I was watching an old Mets/Yankees game from 2003 and I was surprised too learn Todd Zeile was a Yankee at one point.  I have no memory of that at all.  I associate him more as a Met as he does some SNY broadcasts.  

But I think sports like life time will usually point somewhere to where they will naturally be even if they swift off the curve.

Ryan Fitzpatrick I definitely think of as a Buffalo Bill.  Even though he was a Dolphin and Jet.  And that one year with the Texans he I'm paraphrasing in the huddle said he wanted nothing more badly in his life to beat Buffalo.

Ditto for Rex Ryan.  I defiantly think of him more as a NY Jet.  even though the time he beat the Jets as a Bill coach that night game in 2015 he was celebrating like a hyena on the sidelines.  

Edited by Another Fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 6:36 PM, Augie said:

I don’t think there is any question that 1969 was without question the best year ever for new music. Nothing else is close. 

Debatable but 66 to 74 was the peak imo.

Why does everyone assume it's 35 mph on my road?  It's 45 mph.  Without exaggeration, 50% of the people drive 35 mph through there.

Some days I'm not patient with sitting behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit for the next 5-7 miles so I pass them.  I get the finger and even honked at...am I  the #######?  

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why does everyone assume it's 35 mph on my road?  It's 45 mph.  Without exaggeration, 50% of the people drive 35 mph through there.

Some days I'm not patient with sitting behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit for the next 5-7 miles so I pass them.  I get the finger and even honked at...am I  the #######?  

Wait a second... How do you even remember?

😉😜

J/K... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, muppy said:

@DrW haha

bea watrer.jpg

When I was a very young lad, I told my friends I could train bees. I would catch them in a jar, cover it and let it sit in the sun. If I remember correctly, it was about 15-20 minutes. The bees would get exhausted from the eat or lack of oxygen. Not sure which. I would uncover the jar and let them crawl on to a flower. It would take some time before they had the strength to fly away. So, I would walk around and show my friends my trained bees. After a couple of times, I figured out about how long it would take to get their strength back, so I would instruct them to fly away. timing wasn't always good, but effective. 

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

When I was a very young lad, I told my friends I could train bees. I would catch them in a jar, cover it and let it sit in the sun. If I remember correctly, it was about 15-20 minutes. The bees would get exhausted from the eat or lack of oxygen. Not sure which. I would uncover the jar and let them crawl on to a flower. It would take some time before they had the strength to fly away. So, I would walk around and show my friends my trained bees. After a couple of times, I figured out about how long it would take to get their strength back, so I would instruct them to fly away. timing wasn't always good, but effective. 

Some natural questions…….Did you move on to cats? Are you currently incarcerated?    

😋

I used to “play” with bees as a kid. Then I learned the difference between a honey bee and a yellow jacket. An important life lesson learned early. 

EDIT: There was a DR appt involved here. I swelled up like Will Smith in Hitch. 

Edited by Augie

Just now, GoBills808 said:

how is the universe only 14billion years old but 96billion light years wide

Bad genes? Mom was kinda hippy too?  🤷‍♂️

This kind of stuff fascinates me. We think we are so smart!  😂 

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Some natural questions…….Did you move on to cats? Are you currently incarcerated?    

😋

I used to “play” with bees as a kid. Then I learned the difference between a honey bee and a yellow jacket. An important life lesson learned early. 

EDIT: There was a DR appt involved here. I swelled up like Will Smith in Hitch. 

Nothing beyond the bees. That's where the short lived sadistic-side of my childhood ended. And no bees perished under my very questionable training techniques.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Nothing beyond the bees. That's where the short lived sadistic-side of my childhood ended. And no bees perished under my very questionable training techniques.

“Training techniques”. I like it!!! 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:04 PM, loyal2dagame said:

Wrestlemania 39 is this weekend.  

Where would pro wrestling be if Wrestlemania 1 flopped?

Right back where it started, territories across the US, no real dominant company.  Vince sunk a lot of money into the first one.  If it failed, he and WWF was going bankrupt. 

Edited by Just Jack

On 3/30/2023 at 8:08 PM, GoBills808 said:

how is the universe only 14billion years old but 96billion light years wide

I just saw something on that!  They were saying something about how it might be more of a donut shape, so it just goes around & around (so, we could travel all of those billions of miles and end up where we started).  Or something like that.  A good 80% of it flew comfortably above my head.

A couple years back, Guffalo contacted me and offered use of his season tickets 'just because'.  He was unable to use them, and thought I might like to.  Scheduling on my part didn't allow it, but it was a very nice gesture.

And just yesterday Virgil tagged me for possible participation in the 2023 TSW member draft.  All my useful knowledge about Bills football could be written on a 3 X 5 file card, but again, a kind gesture on his part to invite me.

You encounter some very special and kind people here at TBD and the forums.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

I love it when you break out the chainsaw for the first time since fall and it fires right up with no hesitation whatsoever.

Magical.......

image.png.8c34f6d87e74bf1f175e98b861f4b148.png

All you had to do was plug it in!

• Haha (+1) 1

We were cooking and moving around but had Jurrasic World on... I sat down and actually watched the last 15 minutes. What a piece of ***** movie this is... glad dinner is ready lol. Garbage...

have you ever wondered why the Who called one of their most famous songs  "Baba O'Riley" when it is never once mentioned in the song itself? So I googled who is Baba O'Riley and subsequently learned this: Which I did not know. Now you do too.

“Baby O’Riley”

The actual title of the song is a result of two major inspirations of Townshend: Meher Baba (an Iranian spiritual master) and Terry Riley (an American composer).

Musings of a Freelance Writer

As a self-employed writer, I find that I spend much of my time getting caught up on work that was left undone by my procrastinating predecessor, Past Tom. His laziness forces me to bust ass in order to meet the high standards of my boss, Future Tom (who, just between you and me, can be kind of a prick at times).

In short, the problem with being self-employed is that my employee is lazy and my boss is a jerk.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.