Tyrod QBR

Right now Taylor's quarterback rating has him twelfth by NFL.com, but there are three guys in front of him with under ten passes - two with only a single pass attempted & completed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

Yeah, he's ninth in the league at 99.23 but at least he has no run game or blocking or receivers.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was good.

Kirby, who has more TD's and total yards (passing and rushing) this year, TT or Trevor?

Do thise total yards and total tds make denver have anymore wins than we do right now?

Stats are great but we share the EXACT same record as the Broncos. Thats why every person on the team matters.

someone brought up Siemian's winning record as a "positive" and that hes only 25.

Meanwhile Tyrod has a winning record as a starter on the Bills, without (up until this yr), the best defense in the NFL.

But we dont care about that apparently. Siemian is a stud right? With his 17-14 winning %. He only took over a team that won the F'ING Super Bowl.

Well said. I agree.

I'm happy for Tyrod. Heck, I have his jersey. And I've only ever owned two bills jersey's my entire life. Bruce Smith and his. That said, unless Tyrod has an MVP type season or leads us deep into the playoffs with quality play we are drafting his replacement next April.

Wrong, and you know how I know? He IS an NFL QB. Are you arguing that? I saw him out there today. He was on TV! And he's better than about half the NFL QB's. But he's not an ELITE NFL QB. Get your stuff straight, people. He's NOT horrible, but he's not great. The scheme does him no favors.

And you're wrong, the scheme heavily favors Taylor, the more he throws the more he will give chances to the opposing team, he is a good running QB, in most instances if you ask him to win a game with his arm, he will lose ( see the Carolina game), there is only 1 QB that I know, maybe there were more ? Feel free to let me know but Rich Gannon is the only QB I can recall who went from a journeyman/ average QB and turned into a franchise QB pretty much out of nowhere, I'm not sure what happened to him or what clicked but it's very rare. Gannon will never be a HOF QB imo but for a few years in a row he was putting up monster numbers for back then. Maybe Taylor can have the same sort of resurgence but the odds are he's just an average QB.

Wait... you'd seriously rather have Osweiler over TT?

Did I read that right?

Dude, did Taylor sleep with your Mom or something?!

You make it sound like Tyrod sleeping with his mom is a bad thing.

Just sayin'

In my experience I have seen just as many maps as globes. Probably more.

Lol!!

Back on subject -- Taylor has now started 32 games for Buffalo, which is exactly two seasons. At this point, when looking at top line numbers, what you see is almost what you get because the spiky details and outliers start to come out in the wash. He's a guy playing on a team that has gone 17-15 with mostly bad defenses (2015-16) and has a qb rating of 94.2. To reiterate, that is a far better rating than any other QB in franchise history.

In my experience I have seen just as many maps as globes. Probably more.

Sammy needs new wallpaper for his twitter account: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f7/da/5a/f7da5a1e9a3667c19d656ec77175a887--fantasy-map-flat-earth.jpg

Edited by dave mcbride

How quickly we forget how pathetic he was against Carolina. He is what he is, a marginal QB. People need to stop getting so high after a decent performance. We aren't winning playoff games with Tyrod at QB, it's pretty simple.

I would argue people need to stop going so low after decent performances. Thats the problem on these boards, and not the opposite.

No one has any fantasies of Tyrod being Rodgers. Ever. But many people here seem to think hes a CFL QB. Those people are the problem. Its a select few posters, who ironically enough, arent out full force today. Embarrassing.

I would argue people need to stop going so low after decent performances. Thats the problem on these boards, and not the opposite.

No one has any fantasies of Tyrod being Rodgers. Ever. But many people here seem to think hes a CFL QB. Those people are the problem. Its a select few posters, who ironically enough, arent out full force today. Embarrassing.

"Don't nitpick Tyrod's good performance!"

"Why aren't the haters posting about how Tyrod sucks!"

Pick a lane.

Edited by jmc12290

Pick a lane.

To be clear: Lets take MajBobby for example. How can someone spend an entire year on this board bashing 1 player with 4,000 posts on the same topic but after a huge win hes silent. Im not even saying he has to talk about Tyrod. But what about just talking about the win? Thats the problem. Silence.

After a loss Majbobby is in every thread.

Pick a lane.

Other than those who lost that bet and aren't supposed to post negative things this week, I think it's a legitimate question. If your (not you, specifically) entire body of posting consists of nitpicking the QB and nothing else maybe there are some things to re-evaluate.

That said, I think I've seen Crusher and Old School both say it was a fine game and not much else. Which is great imo. Anyway, GO BILLS!

To be clear: Lets take MajBobby for example. How can someone spend an entire year on this board bashing 1 player with 4,000 posts on the same topic but after a huge win hes silent. Im not even saying he has to talk about Tyrod. But what about just talking about the win? Thats the problem. Silence.

He's posted several times about how great a game Taylor had.

You're reaching.

There a few posters like this. They are waiting for Tyrod to look bad so they can come gloat.

Didn't he take the bait to say nothing bad for the week in that bet thread?

Yes one poster came away from yesterday's game thinking he would rather have Siemian than Tyrod. Some fans, am I right?

I think yesterday's game hurt my argument. TT for sure outplayed Siemian.

Im reaching? Ok. Last week he started an All22 thread before All22 was even released. He was so excited. Dozens of pages of posting over speculation. But Ill leave this topic with that.

So you expect a guy who thinks the QB is not good enough to post prolifically about how good the QB is after a good game?

Are you kidding?

Like I said, pick a lane. If I thought Mills sucked for years, and he had a good game, you would complain I'm not bitching enough or praising him enough?

Strange things outta this group here.

Edited by jmc12290