Tyrod QBR

Haha I would 1000% take Simien over TT. Are you kidding?

Did I miss something on Simien. Or did you mean to type the word Brady instead. I mean you cant possible be talking about the guy with the 84.6 qb rating and sub 60% completion percentage from last year right? You must be talking about the 5 time superbowl champ who some consider to be the best ever for him to be 1000% better.

Edited by Billsmovinup

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod played a good game today. He definitely helped our team win.

So far 2 good games and one not so hot. If he can continue to do that then we'll be in the playoffs. Not so sure he will do it but who knows?

Well, as we know, it isn't ALL about Tyrod.

No. Siemian isn't a 7th year player with 3 years as a starter.

Players with worse physical tools than him have gone on to be better QB's than both him and TT in their career.

He's 10-7 as a starter, in his third year in the league, and second year starter, at 25 years old. Before today, he was tied for first in TD passes thrown. He's got room to grow and has already demonstrated to have grown A TON since last season.

When this season shakes out, Siemian will be considered a better QB than TT.

Betcha TT has a better QBR and QB rating at the end of the year.

Yep. The throw rolling to the left to OLeary was tremendous (as was the catch). The run for 14 yards and first down when he was all but sacked pretty much no one makes. The TD to Clay running and stopping and seeing the play materialize not a lot of guys make either. He has a lot of faults but he makes plays few make and he doesn't get credit for them.

+25.

He did what he needed to do today. He still can't put up 300+ yards in the air and keep up with teams like Atlanta and NE. He is what he is and this isn't any special performance that we haven't seen from him in the past. This is his ceiling and luckily we didn't need anything more from him thanks to the way our defense played

If Tyrod threw the ball 40 times a game he could put up those kinds of yards. If he was throwing to Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders it would be even easier. He can't control his pass attempts. I suspect next week we will see what high pass attempts looks like for Tyrod in this offense.

Picking Montana is about one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever seen on this board...

Think about that for a second...thats how dumb that example was

That's not what he said. His point was pretty clear - that lacking ideal arm strength doesn't mean a QB can't be elite. He merely cited Montana as an example of someone who illustrates that point.

Agreed. Tyrod is still developing. Brees was not much his first two years of starting. Something about Tyrod - I was really bothered he never seemed to bring us back in the 4th. Though it ultimately didn't quite happen, I felt the drive at the end vs. Carolina could be a turning point of sorts for TT. He had them there against a great D. Game of inches.

That's not what he said. His point was pretty clear - that lacking ideal arm strength doesn't mean a QB can't be elite. He merely cited Montana as an example of someone who illustrates that point.

But unfortunately, he said "Siemian may be Montana".

I thought he was talking about the state.

Yep. The throw rolling to the left to OLeary was tremendous (as was the catch). The run for 14 yards and first down when he was all but sacked pretty much no one makes. The TD to Clay running and stopping and seeing the play materialize not a lot of guys make either. He has a lot of faults but he makes plays few make and he doesn't get credit for them.

:thumbsup:

That O'Leary play was Tyrod's version of the amazing throw that Aaron Rodgers made to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs last year..........nobody does it like Rodgers but that was a tremendous throw by Tyrod and unfortunately the degree of difficulty is lost on most fans.

If Tyrod threw the ball 40 times a game he could put up those kinds of yards. If he was throwing to Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders it would be even easier. He can't control his pass attempts. I suspect next week we will see what high pass attempts looks like for Tyrod in this offense.

I disagree. I think Shady and the Mike have a huge game. I expect to see Taylor perform like he did today. But he's getting even better on that Play Action which I said all along will be our bread n butter.

Who cares about 300 yards, if he leads us to the W , while playing his role at a high level, we'll be fine against any team.

These guys are dieing to see Taylor fail. Bringing up stats that mean nothing and don't equate to wins ,smh

someone brought up Siemian's winning record as a "positive" and that hes only 25.

Meanwhile Tyrod has a winning record as a starter on the Bills, without (up until this yr), the best defense in the NFL.

But we dont care about that apparently. Siemian is a stud right? With his 17-14 winning %. He only took over a team that won the F'ING Super Bowl.

:thumbsup:

That O'Leary play was Tyrod's version of the amazing throw that Aaron Rodgers made to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs last year..........nobody does it like Rodgers but that was a tremendous throw by Tyrod and unfortunately the degree of difficulty is lost on most fans.

That was phenomenal!!!!

99.23 to be exact.

He is 94.2 lifetime for the Bills, which is by far and away the best in franchise history -- and the number doesn't factor in the rushing yards or the remarkable lack of fumbling (2 lost fumbles in 2 and a fifth seasons).

Sure, he has a 99 rating, but he has no running game, time, blocking, play calling or wide receivers. ;)

Outside of a couple off games, Tyrod ALWAYS plays like that. He's improved a bit but not significantly.

Again, I never understood the Tyrod hate. The guy would get bashed the last two years when the defense was getting gashed left and right.

He's a very solid QB. Always has been since he arrived here.

Fans just want to win.

They want 11, 12, 13 games like today again.

So you see 8 and 6 wins and the patience wears on you.

last week i went hard after dennison,not tt, knowing tyrod is what tyrod is, a decent qb, today he stayed in the pocket, used the middle and ran a couple times when he had to, he was actually brilliant today, if he did this every week we wouldnt need to draft a qb next year, we would win a lot of games.

last week i went hard after dennison,not tt, knowing tyrod is what tyrod is, a decent qb, today he stayed in the pocket, used the middle and ran a couple times when he had to, he was actually brilliant today, if he did this every week we wouldnt need to draft a qb next year, we would win a lot of games.

He was best when he rolled out.

Worst metric ever. Just go look at game box scores. had this conversation in week 1 randomly after looking at the box score of the Oak-Ten game. Oakland wins the game by 10 on the road. Carr was 22/32 for 262, 8.2 average, 2 TDs and no ints in a road win. Mariota was 25/41 for 256, 6.2 average, no TDs, no ints in a home loss. Carr's qbr was 55.6 and Mariota's was 74.4. There's not a single reason you can't point to that suggests Mariota was better and no one would prefer the outcome of Matiota over Carr.

An index, which is what this is, is only valid if it measures what matters. ESPN refuses to explain the variables it uses in qbr and obviously it sucks as a measure of a qbr game. Its garbage and no one other than espn uses it our should use it.

Edited by zonabb

Right now Taylor's quarterback rating has him twelfth by NFL.com, but there are three guys in front of him with under ten passes - two with only a single pass attempted & completed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true