Tyrod QBR

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first INT was almost as bad. Leaning backwards, throwing sidearm, 20 yards downfield into the middle of about four defenders. That was awful.

There were two reasons I thought the Bills had a chance today. The heat and humidity with Denver having to play on the road across the country where they aren't as good as at home, and that Seimien just isn't that good. And he wasn't. He made a few nice throws but every NFL QB can do that.

I thought the Bills had a good chance today because Vegas only had them as 3 point underdogs and you never argue with Vegas when you are sure the spread is too low.

No. Siemian isn't a 7th year player with 3 years as a starter.

Players with worse physical tools than him have gone on to be better QB's than both him and TT in their career.

He's 10-7 as a starter, in his third year in the league, and second year starter, at 25 years old. Before today, he was tied for first in TD passes thrown. He's got room to grow and has already demonstrated to have grown A TON since last season.

When this season shakes out, Siemian will be considered a better QB than TT.

Osweiler had a winning record on that team, too, and he's terrible.

Players with worse physical tools than him have gone on to be better QB's than both him and TT in their career.

He's 10-7 as a starter, in his third year in the league, and second year starter, at 25 years old. Before today, he was tied for first in TD passes thrown. He's got room to grow and has already demonstrated to have grown A TON since last season.

He's a 7th round pick in year 2 as a starter. He is what he is, an incredibly limited player with an AMAZING offensive coach (that we almost landed). He won't be a better player because he can't get much better. He's a smart kid in a great system with limited tools. He is a high floor and low ceiling guy. You can do worse than Siemian but his ceiling is nowhere near Tyrod's. He can't do one thing physically that Taylor can't.

What do you do with yourself on a day like today? You're a sad individual.

10-7 record.... behind one of the best defenses in the league for the past two years.

Siemian is OK. I'll take Tyrod any day over him.

And one of the worst rushing attacks. So...

Osweiler had a winning record on that team, too, and he's terrible.

Well, that was the 2015 team, which was actually better than the 2016 team.

Rushing attack was way better. Defense was better.

And clearly we can all agree Siemian is better than the Brocketship, right?

He's a 7th round pick in year 2 as a starter. He is what he is, an incredibly limited player with an AMAZING offensive coach (that we almost landed). He won't be a better player because he can't get much better. He's a smart kid in a great system with limited tools. He is a high floor and low ceiling guy. You can do worse than Siemian but his ceiling is nowhere near Tyrod's. He can't do one thing physically that Taylor can't.

Dude, who cares? You sound like the ghost of Al Davis.

There have been plenty of QB's who can't run as fast as TT or have as strong of an arm who are a million times the QB he is. Brady doesn't have TT's arm at this point. Neither did Peyton in 2014.

Siemian may never scramble for a first like TT can. But what he can do is get better between the ears. I think he already has, unlike TT. And you'll see that this season. That's why being in your third season instead of your seventh matters.

Edited by jmc12290

And one of the worst rushing attacks. So...

Well, that was the 2015 team, which was actually better than the 2016 team.

Rushing attack was way better. Defense was better.

And clearly we can all agree Siemian is better than the Brocketship, right?

Dude, who cares? You sound like the ghost of Al Davis.

There have been plenty of QB's who can't run as fast as TT or have as strong of an arm who are a million times the QB he is. Brady doesn't have TT's arm at this point. Neither did Peyton in 2014.

Siemian may never scramble for a first like TT can. But what he can do is get better between the ears. I think he already has, unlike TT. And you'll see that this season. That's why being in your third season instead of your seventh matters.

You are the one that said "his ceiling is higher." If he can't do anything better his ceiling isn't higher. His floor may be higher but one would argue that Tyrod was on pace to lead the offense to have the fewest turnovers in NFL history last year. I'd argue his floor is pretty high.

A high ceiling guy makes a lot of plays that others can't. A low floor is a guy that makes mistakes. You made a claim that's just not true. No guy with limited physical tools has a high ceiling.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You are the one that said "his ceiling is higher." If he can't do anything better his ceiling isn't higher. His floor may be higher but one would argue that Tyrod was on pace to lead the offense to have the fewest turnovers in NFL history last year. I'd argue his floor is pretty high.

A high ceiling guy makes a lot of plays that others can't. A low floor is a guy that makes mistakes. You made a claim that's just not true. No guy with limited physics tools has a high ceiling.

High ceiling is relative. Because potential has a shelf life.

Tyrod's ceiling is, well, what we've seen from TT the last three years. That's not "high."

Siemian's ceiling is Montana.

Case closed.

High ceiling is relative. Because potential has a shelf life.

Tyrod's ceiling is, well, what we've seen from TT the last three years. That's not "high."

Siemian's ceiling is Montana.

Case closed.

Oh, Siemian's ceiling is Montana but Tyrod can't get better? You make a strong argument there!! Good stuff, keep bringing it!! I'm going to screenshot that so that it never disappears. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Oh, Siemian's ceiling is Montana but Tyrod can't get better? You make a strong argument there!! Good stuff, keep bringing it

What's your argument again?

There's not one physical thing Trevor does better than Vince Young! Denver should give him a call!

Edited by jmc12290

He played better than he has and did what they asked of him. Let's not get too crazy though. He only had 200 yards passing. Brady had half that on the final drive of the game alone. We will see next week that we still need a QB to keep up with teams that have one

Oh the inanity! Save your keystrokes for a better and more sane argument. Montana. :lol:

Ha ha, how great was that?!? Tyrod can't get ANY better but Siemian may be Montana!!!! Ha ha ha ha

He played better than he has and did what they asked of him. Let's not get too crazy though. He only had 200 yards passing. Brady had half that on the final drive of the game alone. We will see next week that we still need a QB to keep up with teams that have one

You forgot the part about "single handidly carried the offense to victory against an elite defense." But pass yards....

You forgot the part about "single handidly carried the offense to victory against an elite defense." But pass yards....

He did what he needed to do today. He still can't put up 300+ yards in the air and keep up with teams like Atlanta and NE. He is what he is and this isn't any special performance that we haven't seen from him in the past. This is his ceiling and luckily we didn't need anything more from him thanks to the way our defense played

Ha ha, how great was that?!? Tyrod can't get ANY better but Siemian may be Montana!!!! Ha ha ha ha

This was good.

Kirby, who has more TD's and total yards (passing and rushing) this year, TT or Trevor?

He did what he needed to do today. He still can't put up 300+ yards in the air and keep up with teams like Atlanta and NE. He is what he is and this isn't any special performance that we haven't seen from him in the past. This is his ceiling and luckily we didn't need anything more from him thanks to the way our defense played

I don't disagree that the Bills can't keep up with the track meet teams. I'd say that it comes from a lack of skill players all around. Tyrod is never going to be Aaron Rodgers but he's certainly not going to be with a bottom 3 receiving group. You can't score every possession without playmakers. At the same time the Bills will always compete with good teams that play solid defense and control the clock. The Bills don't make mistakes either. The Raiders, Falcons, Patriots and Lions are the toughest match-ups in the NFL for the Bills imo.

This was good.

Kirby, who has more TD's and total yards (passing and rushing) this year, TT or Trevor?

Joe Montana

I'm thinking that I might block you (just learning about this). I have enough craziness at home. I like to have good football debate but when I read that "Siemian's ceiling is Joe Montana" and that Tyrod can get any better I just don't have time for that kind of lunacy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Joe Montana

I'm thinking that I might block you (just learning about this). I have enough craziness at home. I like to have good football debate but when I read that "Siemian's ceiling is Joe Montana" and that Tyrod can get any better I just don't have time for that kind of lunacy.

Oh cmon, one extreme statement and we're in this room now?

I only picked Montana because he didn't have an elite arm. I don't think Trevor wil ever BE Montana or even come close.

I do think he'll be the better QB at the end of this season.

Oh cmon, one extreme statement and we're in this room now?

I only picked Montana because he didn't have an elite arm. I don't think Trevor wil ever BE Montana or even come close.

I do think he'll be the better QB at the end of this season.

Picking Montana is about one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever seen on this board...

Think about that for a second...thats how dumb that example was

Picking Montana is about one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever seen on this board...

Think about that for a second...thats how dumb that example was

He said that's his ceiling. Siemian MAY end up being Montana but Tyrod can't get any better. Ha ha ha, that was one of the most asinine statements in the board's history. It was followed by a "case closed" too.

Seimien has 6 TDs and 4 INTs. Taylor has 4 TDs and 1 INT. Taylor is the ninth leading passer, Trevor is 16th. They both avage 7.1 yards per attempt.

right and one has a top 5 wr duo to throw to while the other has Matthews and a rookie with a case of the drops.

no point in trying to talk to that dude. his mind is made up..... and he looks like a damn fool

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I don't disagree that the Bills can't keep up with the track meet teams. I'd say that it comes from a lack of skill players all around. Tyrod is never going to be Aaron Rodgers but he's certainly not going to be with a bottom 3 receiving group. You can't score every possession without playmakers. At the same time the Bills will always compete with good teams that play solid defense and control the clock. The Bills don't make mistakes either. The Raiders, Falcons, Patriots and Lions are the toughest match-ups in the NFL for the Bills imo.

I agree that the Bills will not be able to keep up with those teams. Hopefully the Bills defense prevents track meet games. Not sure why everyone keeps complaining about no 300 yard games. The Bills offense is not built for that.