Drive Before Half

BuffaloBaumer

When is the last time we had a coach with the confidence to get points with under a minute to go?

Thank you Coach And offense....it's about freaking time!

I think he learned from his own mistake last week. That's a good sign rather than the repeating of mistakes that we've grown accustomed to.

McD wasted 15 seconds before calling timeout when the Broncos had the ball and we would have had a minute instead of 46 seconds. But that was a terrific 46 second drive for a FG.

As was said in the game thread... don't think he was gonna call one at all. He called it cos his D looked gassed.

As was said in the game thread... don't think he was gonna call one at all. He called it cos his D looked gassed.

Well he should have called it immediately anyway. We had three timeouts. They had second or third and long. It was close enough, like the 15, so they couldn't get more than one first down (meaning if they picked it up we weren't giving them extra time to score they would need.

Well he should have called it immediately anyway. We had three timeouts. They had second or third and long. It was close enough, like the 15, so they couldn't get more than one first down (meaning if they picked it up we weren't giving them extra time to score they would need.

I agree. I think he actually got a bit lucky cos had the D not been gassed not sure there is time for us to respond. I am just saying I think McD's thinking at the ime was predicated on defensive game plan rather than clock.

I agree. I think he actually got a bit lucky cos had the D not been gassed not sure there is time for us to respond. I am just saying I think McD's thinking at the ime was predicated on defensive game plan rather than clock.

Then he's lucky he didn't waste more than 15 seconds. ;)

Other than that I thought he coached a very good game. For only his third game ever as a head coach he really has his team ready. They don't make a lot of dumb mistakes. Both offense and defense gets their calls in quick. The special teams for the most part have been good except for the returns. McDermott deserves a lot of credit. Frazier, too. Jury is still out on Dennison.

You are right. He dogged that play.

This is a microcosm of the new direction. Get the ball to shady on safe passes a couple of times hit Clay for a quick 10 then bang a 50+ YD FG. Welcome to the NEW Buffalo Bills!!

Well if they did that every drive they would score about 100 points a game, break every scoring and passing record in NFL history and go 19-0 and win the Superbowl.

And the hilarious icing on the cake was how mad Vance Joseph became when the kick sailed through. Right before cutting to commercial they broadcast him doing one of the most blatant, pissed-off, clearly interpretable "Mother F-er"s!! I have ever seen from an NFL coach--in slo-mo!

And the hilarious icing on the cake was how mad Vance Joseph became when the kick sailed through. Right before cutting to commercial they broadcast him doing one of the most blatant, pissed-off, clearly interpretable "Mother F-er"s!! I have ever seen from an NFL coach--in slo-mo!

And that was right after you could clearly see McDermott say 'Thank You Jesus' on the other sideline :lol:

Well if they did that every drive they would score about 100 points a game, break every scoring and passing record in NFL history and go 19-0 and win the Superbowl.

I was talking more about the philosophy of taking a low risk pass than taking a knee like so many times in the past. Stringing a couple of short passes into a field goal was nice to see.

I was talking more about the philosophy of taking a low risk pass than taking a knee like so many times in the past. Stringing a couple of short passes into a field goal was nice to see.

Got it. My bad. There had been so much bitching going on that I felt the need to be bitching about the bitching. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog

McD wasted 15 seconds before calling timeout when the Broncos had the ball and we would have had a minute instead of 46 seconds. But that was a terrific 46 second drive for a FG.

That's the only quibble I had with that, but aside from that the drive was executed extremely well.

Yes, I saw that clear as day, too, and just laughed my ass off!!!!

You aren't wrong to save time outs to the end. Having two time outs with 20 seconds left is infinitely better than having 45 seconds and no time outs. Why? Because having time outs allows you to use the entire field instead of being forced to the sidelines to stop the clock.