Who is Paying to Read Jerry Sullivan's Sob Stories?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill help you start one, but my idea is to start one to help the Buffalo News afford a real journalist =)

...MUCH rather see Jerry "disappoint" his doll......she's "inflated" and he's "deflated (HINT: purple pill lost)".....front page Buffalo News... :thumbsup:...miserable SOB.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

BN pay wall will tank. Shame bc I would read a Bills story and then read some other stuff about my hometown. Their clicks are gonna nosedive. Its driven by the Bills and Sabres anyway...eve of the season...now they throw up the pay wall. I won't pay it. Most won't pay for it either.

BN pay wall will tank. Shame bc I would read a Bills story and then read some other stuff about my hometown. Their clicks are gonna nosedive. Its driven by the Bills and Sabres anyway...eve of the season...now they throw up the pay wall. I won't pay it. Most won't pay for it either.

Right now it's just their Bills' coverage that's behind the paywall.

I'm not paying.

$3.. price is entirely acceptable. But the last thing I need in life is another auto-recurring charge on my credit card.

Caveat: I didn't try the registration process, but I imagine the only option is "bill me until canceled"

^^^ This. While digital subscriptions to the BN may or may not work, the demise of the BN is wishful thinking by some posters here.

Yeah. Warren Buffett/Berkshire Hathaway doesn't own slouch companies.

I'd like to point out that the fact that we have three pages of people talking about how much they hate Jerry Sullivan, means he's doing his job.

TRBJ... it has evolved into how much peeps hate TBN for charging them to get pissed at them

This is why I'm glad I have the Gold TBD Membership. Only $20 a year for 100 posts, then only 10¢ a post after that. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

I got in through a membership from a guy in the park with a briefcase full of wings. It's worked free since. I guess I'm a reddit member here

Yeah. Warren Buffett/Berkshire Hathaway doesn't own slouch companies.

For the most part very true. But when Buffett purchased the snooze. It was Really Because it was going under and he felt a city the size of Buffalo

without their own local paper was no good. He actually did that as a favor. While profitable I doubt he has looked at the snoozes financials in awhile. In detail anyway. the paper has zero impact on Buffetts bottom line.

For the most part very true. But when Buffett purchased the snooze. It was Really Because it was going under and he felt a city the size of Buffalo

without their own local paper was no good. He actually did that as a favor. While profitable I doubt he has looked at the snoozes financials in awhile. In detail anyway. the paper has zero impact on Buffetts bottom line.

The Reason the Mega wealthy own newspapers is not the bottom line of the News Corp. He didn't buy it as a favor either.

Since the BN launched the paywall, it seems that TBD is primarily linking BN. I don't see any of the Syracuse or Crapchester articles linked from yesterdays game. The linked BN crap is timestamped between 1:30a and 2:00a. Many of the Syracuse and Crapchester articles were posted by then.

Coincidence?

I used to read some of the BN's Bills articles. As an out-of-towner, it seemed a good way to stay in touch.

But I won't pay. I can't say anything about Kimberley Martin but the rest of them don't tell me anything new. They watch the same game we watch, then add their negative spin. Or they take the same interview we can find on the Bills website - or reported on in Rochester - and add their negative spin. There's no new data, no inside information, no keen insights. I learn nothing from the BN writers and don't find them entertaining.

I used to read some of the BN's Bills articles. As an out-of-towner, it seemed a good way to stay in touch.

But I won't pay. I can't say anything about Kimberley Martin but the rest of them don't tell me anything new. They watch the same game we watch, then add their negative spin. Or they take the same interview we can find on the Bills website - or reported on in Rochester - and add their negative spin. There's no new data, no inside information, no keen insights. I learn nothing from the BN writers and don't find them entertaining.

In addition to Kimberley Martin they have added Chris Trapasso and Nick Veronica. I like Trapasso's content, but not enough to pay with so much free content available.

Most of the BN sports staff cater only to people who think everything sucks.

I really don't understand these writers anymore. It's as if everyone in the media needs to take the position that they need to talk down to the masses. All the articles on the game recap, especially from the Buffalo News, felt the need to remind everyone (in a condescending way), that it was "just the Jets". Um...no kidding. These people are a complete joke and the fact that they are going to charge people to read that garbage is hilarious.

So I know these forums are run by people here who contribute. Is Two Bills drive also run by the same group?? If so maybe should consider putting all the BN articles at the bottom of the que instead of the top since most can no longer access. Put the frees ones on top like Syracuse. If they realize their clicks will go down, may make them think more about what they are doing with the paid access.

In addition to Kimberley Martin they have added Chris Trapasso and Nick Veronica. I like Trapasso's content, but not enough to pay with so much free content available.

I didn't notice the addition of Trapasso and Veronica - lots of new stuff!

I still won't pay.

So I know these forums are run by people here who contribute. Is Two Bills drive also run by the same group?? If so maybe should consider putting all the BN articles at the bottom of the que instead of the top since most can no longer access. Put the frees ones on top like Syracuse. If they realize their clicks will go down, may make them think more about what they are doing with the paid access.

I don't think we should link content behind paywalls.

Edited by hondo in seattle