Baker Mayfield...

KellyToughII

16 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That's not real, right?

All this literally means is that whoever gave the quote really wants Baker to fall a bit so he can grab him lol

exex 1- yea, I'd pass on Baker, he has a really weak immune system (sarcastically), can't have that

Writer- really? You think its that serious?

exec1- definitely,  he would have no shot in the AFC North

Writer- jeez, I never thought of that, glad I get to talk to you!

Exec1- anytime my friend. Anytime... ( as he secretly plots to draft Baker)

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow, these guys are just as dumb as some fans by looking for any excuse to say why a guy they don't like won't make it.

Works for me.

Apparently that tweet from Palazzolo was a joke and folks took it seriously.  Yolo made a good point the other day, I thought.  Compare how Darnold held up against Ohio St. and Mayfield.  Of course, evaluation is not that simple.  Still think Mayfield is the real deal.  I'm an UGA fan, though, so I will be conflicted tomorrow.  Dream draft scenario for me is Mayfield and Roquan Smith in the first.

My first choice for the next QB of the Buffalo Bills is playing in the Rose Bowl tonight at 5pm...... Baker Mayfield

I know many originally thought he was a late 1st or even a 2nd round pick, but I am guaranteeing you that he is going to be picked a lot higher than most think.  We'll probably have to trade to get him.  While I wouldn't hesitate to do it, I am not sure if the Bills will feel the same way, unfortunately.  But man, we should do everything we can to get him.  He's got a really tough match-up tonight, but if he does play as well as I think he will, he will solidify himself as one of the top QBs in the draft.

37 minutes ago, sven233 said:

My first choice for the next QB of the Buffalo Bills is playing in the Rose Bowl tonight at 5pm...... Baker Mayfield

I know many originally thought he was a late 1st or even a 2nd round pick, but I am guaranteeing you that he is going to be picked a lot higher than most think.  We'll probably have to trade to get him.  While I wouldn't hesitate to do it, I am not sure if the Bills will feel the same way, unfortunately.  But man, we should do everything we can to get him.  He's got a really tough match-up tonight, but if he does play as well as I think he will, he will solidify himself as one of the top QBs in the draft.

He has already done that. 

The old adage is that you take a QB a round early. With Bakers pedigree and talent there is no chance he leaves the first round

he is certainly in the top 3 and Will get drafted fairly high

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not sure I understand this comment. If all he's saying is that Mayfield is not under centre in a pro style offence fair enuf. In Oks O he is already 5-7 steps "back" there and I thought I saw him stand and shoot with no play action in the first half, including some of his best throws. 

Edited by starrymessenger

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

It is true and the scouts can see it.

All these guys will be broken down in the next few months.  Baker is no exception.

Mayfield also gets a ton of time to throw. He takes advantage of it by spending considerable time in the pocket before making throws. I’m still convinced that the step up to the NFL will be a huge adjustment. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

The over analysis has started and no better example here.  Guy plays four years and doesn't have fumble issues, but his hands are too small.   Watched him throw passes all year where only his wide outs can catch it, but now he doesn't fit the ball into tight windows.   He goes for 287 and 2 touchdowns against Georgia's defense and will slide down draft boards, where Josh Allen goes for 179 against Central Michigan and is suddenly shooting up draft boards again.  He gets a cold and suddenly has immune issues, Josh Rosen doesnt play in his game because of a 4 week old concussion but no worries there.

Bottom line on Mayfield is every NFL Executive is scared to draft him because of his height but wants to point issues that dont exist because they are scared to admit its only about his height. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The over analysis has started and no better example here.  Guy plays four years and doesn't have fumble issues, but his hands are too small.   Watched him throw passes all year where only his wide outs can catch it, but now he doesn't fit the ball into tight windows.   He goes for 287 and 2 touchdowns against Georgia's defense and will slide down draft boards, where Josh Allen goes for 179 against Central Michigan and is suddenly shooting up draft boards again.  He gets a cold and suddenly has immune issues, Josh Rosen doesnt play in his game because of a 4 week old concussion but no worries there.

Bottom line on Mayfield is every NFL Executive is scared to draft him because of his height but wants to point issues that dont exist because they are scared to admit its only about his height. 

His personality might have to be toned down in the NFL. Jmo.

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills fans want to go from a short QB that doesnt see the field and has questionable mechanics but is humble to another short QB that doesnt see the field and has questionable mechanics and has a HUGE ego

What about his play speaks to the assumption he cant see the field?  He throws the ball all over the field, including down the seam which was a big issue for Taylor. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

What about his play speaks to the assumption he cant see the field?  He throws the ball all over the field, including down the seam which was a big issue for Taylor. 

He plays in a half read offense. Rarely comes off his primary read in the pocket. 

Doesnt make checks on blitzes thats OU sideline. (Same criticism of Bradford for years cannot recognize the blitz, still has a hard time seeing it)

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

He plays in a half read offense. Rarely comes off his primary read in the pocket. 

Doesnt make checks on blitzes thats OU sideline. (Same criticism of Bradford for years cannot recognize the blitz, still has a hard time seeing it)

I'll agree that he does struggle with blitz recognition.  However, he does go through progressions.   Unless its a designed pass to the running back or a bubble screen he does read the field.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'll agree that he does struggle with blitz recognition.  However, he does go through progressions.   Unless its a designed pass to the running back or a bubble screen he does read the field.

Scouts as well as myself disagree but not saying i wouldnt take him on Bills. I am not trading up for him there are only two QBs in this draft i trade up for. 

Rest are pretty much clumped together with not big drops in my grades for. So i wouldnt lose much taking whichever one is there for me in the 20s. 

But thats just my evaluation. 

He is graded near Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in my eyes so the 3rd,4th,5th best QB in this class. And the 6th (Rudolph) is not that far of a drop off either from that group of three 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.