Trade Tyrod Taylor this week

sb_bound

We need to shop Tyrod Taylor this week. We can probably get a second round pick for him from Jacksonville after Bortles horrible preseason. It makes zero sense to hold onto Tyrod because we won't know what we have in Peterman when next years draft comes around.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to shop Tyrod Taylor this week. We can probably get a second round pick for him from Jacksonville after Bortles horrible preseason. It makes zero sense to hold onto Tyrod because we won't know what we have in Peterman when next years draft comes around.

when yates moves the team and taylor doesn't, it's possible.

Welcome dthunder! I'd like to introduce you to Lonny, Jugdish, and Cherrybone. What, you've already met? Super, then you'll have lots to talk about!!

So, If I am to understand this correctly, the fans here are soooooo smart that they know that taylor won't amount to anything and sucks so bad that they need to trade him now, AND NFL GMs are going to be willing to make a trade for him AND give up a 2nd round pick?

If Taylor is so bad that the Bills would be willing to get rid of him and play out the season with a 5th round rookie QB and TJ Yates, what would make anyone believe that an NFL GM would be willing to offer anything of any value to the Bills in order to get him?

Tyrod has lost his number 1 and 2 wr's this off season. Very few qb's will look good. I expect him to have more chemistry as the season moves forward.

Management has not set him up to succeed.

Good more excuses. Top end QBs make others look good? Does TT?

This post makes no sense. Today was ugly, but there is too much talent on this team to tank. If the team was in tank mode, than why did they sign Boldin,than ask for Matthews and Gaines instead of more picks during those trades? You would not get much for Tyrod anyway. Not nearly enough to be worth going through a season with an unknown Peterman and a lower end backup in Yates as your quarterbacks.

If there was an argument to trade anyone, it would be McCoy. You could get more for him and there are enough other running backs to carry the load. I am not advocating this, but it would make much more sense.

Taylor looked awful today, but no QB could have done much behind that line. I am very concerned about that line.

Theyre not trading tyrod. You cant say youre trying to win this season and then turn around and trade your respected veteran QB with 2 years starting experience and go into the season with only a rookie and TJ Yates.

The tipped pass INT was excusable, the 2nd INT boldin slipped running his route and wasnt where he was supposed to be. It did look like Tyrod threw the ball a bit off, but boldin should have been at least in position to contest or knock down the pass.

Theyre not trading tyrod. You cant say youre trying to win this season and then turn around and trade your respected veteran QB with 2 years starting experience and go into the season with only a rookie and TJ Yates.

The tipped pass INT was excusable, the 2nd INT boldin slipped running his route and wasnt where he was supposed to be. It did look like Tyrod threw the ball a bit off, but boldin should have been at least in position to contest or knock down the pass.

Boldin has no business playing outside receiver at this stage of his career. He's far too slow.

The tipped pass is all on TT

The other one is as wel he had no business throwing that football and was a horrible decision. That is also an issue. Now that said Boldin also had no business being the WR to run that route he cannot seperate on the outside at this point.

Edited by MAJBobby

The other one is as wel he had no business throwing that football and was a horrible decision. That is also an issue

Can't agree at all on the tipped int on a safety blitz.. Lack of chemistry with Boldin is a factor on the 2nd.

The other one is as wel he had no business throwing that football and was a horrible decision. That is also an issue. Now that said Boldin also had no business being the WR to run that route he cannot seperate on the outside at this point.

Chemistry and timing between a QB and a WR takes a bit of time. Relax.

Chemistry and timing between a QB and a WR takes a bit of time. Relax.

Neither of those were about chemistry or timing.

Can't agree at all on the tipped int on a safety blitz.. Lack of chemistry with Boldin is a factor on the 2nd.

That Safety is TT player to make miss. His lack of ability to change throwing angle caused that tip pick.

And poor decision to throw that pass on the second pick it was clearly covered over top. (But Boldin did have a play in this pick though should have fought for the ball)

Edited by MAJBobby

when yates moves the team and taylor doesn't, it's possible.

As a vet Yates should look like a probowler vs the 3's.

To the OP. If Schwartz is the DC we collectively credited him to be, then I'd expect that defensive front with his lead would to give Any QB trouble. .

From the bit of the game I listened too, they were sending safety blitzes, bringing 7... not typical preseason stuff either.

If we get that stat line from a real game we can be alarmed, it's certainly possible this brand of WCO isn't a wonderful fit for TT.

After last weeks Friday morning massacre, I wouldn't be surprised if we did. However, Taylor is still our best option at quarterback. Peterman or Yates didn't exactly light it on fire against the defensive reserves tonight. I think it's a battle for the backup role and Peterman is the leader at this point.

If they didn't want him, they wouldn't have guaranteed him $15.5 mill.

Seriously, not going to happen. If they were going to let him go, they wouldn't have picked up his option.

As a vet Yates should look like a probowler vs the 3's.

To the OP. If Schwartz is the DC we collectively credited him to be, then I'd expect that defensive front with his lead would to give Any QB trouble. .

From the bit of the game I listened too, they were sending safety blitzes, bringing 7... not typical preseason stuff either.

If we get that stat line from a real game we can be alarmed, it's certainly possible this brand of WCO isn't a wonderful fit for TT.

Obvious Schwartz had an agenda. McD should have seen it coming. Sticking it to a former employer is not an uncommon thing. As a starter taylor didn't handle it well. With that kind of pressure there had to be people open he either couldn't find them or held the ball way too long. Peterman did OK but not great. By no means is this game mostly on taylor. but the alarming trend for him continues. I like taylor but I think he's hit his ceiling real hard.

He won't finish the season as the QB. If they stick with this offense they will need someone else. Plain and simple. Just like how Darby wasn't a scheme fit, it's apparent that Tyrod does not fit what they want to do either. Darby was impressive tonight by the way. Looks happy to be back playing cover 1

Neither of those were about chemistry or timing.

That Safety is TT player to make miss. His lack of ability to change throwing angle caused that tip pick.

And poor decision to throw that pass on the second pick it was clearly covered over top. (But Boldin did have a play in this pick though should have fought for the ball)

Not true, the whole OL was pushed into him on that play and its not the QB's job to pick up a blitz, he's not a blocker. They don't tell the QB...hey we are gonna let the Safety come free on you, make him miss or get crushed.

More importantly, defensive player are paid to make plays too, and the safety threw his hand up on a short pass. Its not like you can just lob a 6 yard pass and get your WR killed. Zay was wide open and he threw a pass on target and a player tipped the pass after Taylor had to immediately get rid of it as the OL gave way instantly.

I love how people want to trade TT to start a 5th round rookie who has a worse completion % than Tebow through 2 games despite playing against backups. and guys who won't be on a roster in a couple of weeks.

If people actually think Peterman has potential, and I am one of them that likes his potential, you DONT throw him to the wolves behind a TERRIBLE OL before the kid is ready to play. Worst, absolute worst move the Bills could make in Petermans development is to throw Peterman out there instead of Taylor to start the season.

Another reason why these threads are just so stupid as they literally lack any rational thought to the scenario at hand.

I love how people want to trade TT to start a 5th round rookie who has a worse completion % than Tebow through 2 games despite playing against backups. and guys who won't be on a roster in a couple of weeks.

If people actually think Peterman has potential, and I am one of them that likes his potential, you DONT throw him to the wolves behind a TERRIBLE OL before the kid is ready to play. Worst, absolute worst move the Bills could make in Petermans development is to throw Peterman out there instead of Taylor to start the season.

Another reason why these threads are just so stupid as they literally lack any rational thought to the scenario at hand.

Droughts of Biblical proportions make even sane people jump off the deep end. We all want to see The Bills build a perennial winner (almost as much as we want to win every game this year no matter what it means for the future). Thank God we're not in charge. The hard cold fact is taylor has little trade value and Peterman isn't ready, so unless you are willing to let yates start the season we go with what we have.

If they didn't want him, they wouldn't have guaranteed him $15.5 mill.

Seriously, not going to happen. If they were going to let him go, they wouldn't have picked up his option.

They didnt pick up his option

Not true, the whole OL was pushed into him on that play and its not the QB's job to pick up a blitz, he's not a blocker. They don't tell the QB...hey we are gonna let the Safety come free on you, make him miss or get crushed.

More importantly, defensive player are paid to make plays too, and the safety threw his hand up on a short pass. Its not like you can just lob a 6 yard pass and get your WR killed. Zay was wide open and he threw a pass on target and a player tipped the pass after Taylor had to immediately get rid of it as the OL gave way instantly.

Again free runner in that protection is the QBs. Jesus. Wentz had the same issue later. That was on him.

Its called knowing the protection called and understanding the concept of that offense and protection. That Safety was his to beat. He didnt. Its on him

Edited by MAJBobby