May as well have Tyrod on a very short leash.

Cherrybone

When the season starts and Tyrod is struggling through 3 to 4 games I'd pull him and insert Peterman.

Here's my reasoning. To start Tyrod is a veteran and if you're 3 to 4 games down and there's no improvement on Tyrod's part then just accept the fact that he is what he is and that's below average for his experience.

Now to Peterman. See what you have in him for the remainder of the season. He may be the future and he may not. At the worst he's a back up. However if he end up showing promise then it allows the Bills to use those draft picks on a wr, and some o-line help. Bottom line is those picks could be better used getting a quality vet at a position of need or draft a future star. At the end of the day knowing what you have in Peterman helps tremendously.

There are still holes to fill.

i'm just not sure there would be much reason to pull him. my only concern is that peterman isn't ready for game time, and let's let the guy actually learn the game a bit before throwing him to the wolves. maybe he needs time, maybe he doesn't, but i'd be surprised if we saw peterman for any reason other than an injury.

The first 3-4 games is a rough stretch for us offensively. It's very possible not only TT but the whole offense struggles.

If that is the case, would it be fair to pull TT because our offensive line is giving up sacks left and right? What does that accomplish? If it is clear that TT is the issue, then your argument can be made to audition peterman. But my thought on the topic is that those defenses, especially Denver, will be a tough game for everyone and an unfair measure if QB play

i'm just not sure there would be much reason to pull him. my only concern is that peterman isn't ready for game time, and let's let the guy actually learn the game a bit before throwing him to the wolves. maybe he needs time, maybe he doesn't, but i'd be surprised if we saw peterman for any reason other than an injury.

Teef, I agree and disagree. The only true way to develop is to play. That said, he does need a little more time. I think by mid season if we are sub .500 and TT is still holding the ball etc, then put Peterman in with a limited playbook. Start with what they know are his strengths, then add a little. They need to know what they have in him. IF there is a possibility in THIS offense, he can be the answer, then great! We have tons of draft ammo to help upgrade the talent.

If he isn't and or they feel he is just a great backup, then again we have the ammo to try and acquire a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. If you don't play him, you won't know.

Teef, I agree and disagree. The only true way to develop is to play. That said, he does need a little more time. I think by mid season if we are sub .500 and TT is still holding the ball etc, then put Peterman in with a limited playbook. Start with what they know are his strengths, then add a little. They need to know what they have in him. IF there is a possibility in THIS offense, he can be the answer, then great! We have tons of draft ammo to help upgrade the talent.

If he isn't and or they feel he is just a great backup, then again we have the ammo to try and acquire a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. If you don't play him, you won't know.

i can't say i disagree with any of this. i certainly don't mind playing him, but if they do i would hope it wouldn't before the second half as you mentioned. i just assume this is tyrod's last year here, so at this point, i'm willing to try anything.

When the season starts and Tyrod is struggling through 3 to 4 games I'd pull him and insert Peterman.

Here's my reasoning. To start Tyrod is a veteran and if you're 3 to 4 games down and there's no improvement on Tyrod's part then just accept the fact that he is what he is and that's below average for his experience.

Now to Peterman. See what you have in him for the remainder of the season. He may be the future and he may not. At the worst he's a back up. However if he end up showing promise then it allows the Bills to use those draft picks on a wr, and some o-line help. Bottom line is those picks could be better used getting a quality vet at a position of need or draft a future star. At the end of the day knowing what you have in Peterman helps tremendously.

Of your 85 posts, what percentage would you estimate are starting new threads? My guess is 50%.

You don't pull Tyrod until you are completely out of playoff contention, or he is sucking so bad that he is the primary reason you are losing. The latter won't happen. What is this thread about again?

The thread is about the backup being the possible savior.....until he get's in and stinks up the joint, then people will be calling for Yates....lauding what a great job he did (for a while) in Houston....how he knows Dennison's offense....then it'll be about a college QB who's never taken an NFL snap.....about how certain college QB's are DEFINITELY franchise QB's....until they arrive and stink up the joint....then they're considered a bust.....and those same posters will then say it's because we're Buffalo. Wash, rinse, repeat....no patience and no idea how hard it is to be a starting NFL QB.

Edited by Bills757

Tyrod had a better qb rating than Rivers, Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Carr etc. last year.

He's a good NFL qb who averaged 25+ points per game last year with lots of hurt receivers. He's fun to watch and scares other defenses, usually they have to keep a spy in to prevent scrambling which opens up the passing field.

I he had a good defense and kicking game last year we win 10 games.

He's not getting benched if he's healthy unless it's late in the season. Peterman needs a year, not a few months.

Why don't we start these threads after Tyrod stinks it up instead of before they have even played one game.

For all anyone knows Peterman could stink up the joint tomorrow.

I don't think the issue with this thread is the timing. Its more of an existential question. Should it exist at all?

Like others have said, let's actually let Peterman learn and develop. He can still compete next year, no matter who they draft.

We already know Tyrod can lead a good offense with a potent running attack. Don't expect much of a drop off, if at all.

Why don't we start these threads after Tyrod stinks it up instead of before they have even played one game.

For all anyone knows Peterman could stink up the joint tomorrow.

Agreed he could, and just as easily he might be the answer in the offense we are running. I think many of us feel this is TT's last year. After 7 years, 3 as a backup, its obvious he isn't a franchise QB. So...odds are its Peterman or a 1st rounder next year. Some want to go ahead and get a jump start on getting the answer.

I do not feel it will happen, minus injury, before the last 6 games or so of the season, but that is just my opinion.

Tyrod had a better qb rating than Rivers, Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Carr etc. last year.

He's a good NFL qb who averaged 25+ points per game last year with lots of hurt receivers. He's fun to watch and scares other defenses, usually they have to keep a spy in to prevent scrambling which opens up the passing field.

I he had a good defense and kicking game last year we win 10 games.

He's not getting benched if he's healthy unless it's late in the season. Peterman needs a year, not a few months.

Every QB you listed is better than TT.

Agreed he could, and just as easily he might be the answer in the offense we are running. I think many of us feel this is TT's last year. After 7 years, 3 as a backup, its obvious he isn't a franchise QB. So...odds are its Peterman or a 1st rounder next year. Some want to go ahead and get a jump start on getting the answer.

I do not feel it will happen, minus injury, before the last 6 games or so of the season, but that is just my opinion.

It never seems to happen.

We should have done it with C Jones last year.

Not saying he would have been good but garbage time in the last half of the last game on a team who quit before they took the field= not cool.

If you stand facing your bathroom mirror and chant "Tyrod Taylor" three times, when you turn around RyanLBillz will appear and kick you in the nuts.

I should have listened to you. Now I've got RLB following me around my house begging me to go out for cocktails and cruise for chicks at Chilis. Says the girls there are twice as hot as the ones at AppleBees. I don't think Chilis is even open yet and who drinks at 10.30 AM on Wednesday? Plus my balls are killing me.

Every QB you listed is better than TT.

It never seems to happen.

We should have done it with C Jones last year.

Not saying he would have been good but garbage time in the last half of the last game on a team who quit before they took the field= not cool.

Jones should have never been drafted. 11 games total, won a National Championship by just throwing a deep ball. Benched shortly into his last season. Sorry but he just isn't good. It just shows Whaley and past GM's could not evaluate QB's I pray Beane and the other guys who we have brought in CAN Evaluate QB's

I should have listened to you. Now I've got RLB following me around my house begging me to go out for cocktails and cruise for chicks at Chilis. Says the girls there are twice as hot as the ones at AppleBees. I don't think Chilis is even open yet and who drinks at 10.30 AM on Wednesday? Plus my balls are killing me.

+1

Jones should have never been drafted. 11 games total, won a National Championship by just throwing a deep ball. Benched shortly into his last season. Sorry but he just isn't good. It just shows Whaley and past GM's could not evaluate QB's I pray Beane and the other guys who we have brought in CAN Evaluate QB's

+1

Throws a deep ball, not accurate, can scramble?

Hmmm, sounds like somebody else.... who hasn't won a National Championship, or Playoff game for that matter.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

I understand the line of thinking. I just think these threads are premature. Tyrod hasn't looked like cap yet this year and Peterman hasn't looked like he can handle an NFL offense yet.

I understand the line of thinking. I just think these threads are premature. Tyrod hasn't looked like cap yet this year and Peterman hasn't looked like he can handle an NFL offense yet.

You realize level-headed thinking doesn't belong in this thread, right?

Are you actually Jeremy White?

I think it's reasonable to assume that if Tyrod does well in his first few games, they will ride him until he stops winning.

Or, the team is so far below .500 there is no reason to try to do anything but get the best draft position. (tank)

There is also a reasonable chance that Tyrod will get injured (due to his style of play) and we need a backup to come in.

In that case, I think it makes perfect sense to bring in Peterman before Yates.

More reading, less posting.

You should never have more threads started than replies to posts. It's either laziness or selfishness. So you feel your opinion is more important than others or you were too lazy to see if subject was being discussed elsewhere.

I'd love to know my ratio.

Edited by r00tabaga