Taylor looking real bad in camp

MFer your trolling.

My breh speaks

Rodak's article is about Tuesday 8/1 practice.

FWIW, here are Astro's notes about the same practice:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194963-astro-notes-8-1-17-fifth-practice/?p=4446467

The point being, that Rodack focused on one series in 11-on-11s where Tyrod made several errant throws in a row.

Astro also noted this - near the bottom "Taylor was off on 3 successive throws", but he also noted a bunch of good stuff that Taylor did in an earlier 11-on-11 and some other aspects of practice (not always clear how many players were involved in what Astro comments).

There's no question Taylor could be better, but it seems pretty clear Rodak is seeking clickbait by making it sound as though his is a comprehensive analysis ("so far...stuck in neutral") when it's not.

WHAT IS THIS !

a direct comparison? Of the same events?

whoa Nelly.

and awesomeness for a chick ( jboys says so)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According reports. Heard it on Murphy Show again today. Maybe he needs a little competition. He is not worried about Peterman or Yates. Bring in RG3.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/84152/so-far-tyrod-taylor-stuck-in-neutral-during-critical-bills-training-camp

This is going to be so interesting. I hear some good and some bad from the reports. The one camp day I went to he was very up and down. Lots of throws to the outside - much like we saw last year, but there was a bit better timing.

He also used his eyes a bit better, but it still was almost all safe throws - nothing that makes you say wow.

Then you read Astro's reports and he tends to be very upbeat and gives a great impression and does an amazing job of providing details. Then you read other reporters and you get a mishmash of things across the board both good and bad.

The one thing hat did worry me was Murph did state he did not think TT was having a good camp - he thought there was still time, but that there was more negatives than positives. When I hear that from Murph - that gives me pause because he is around the team all the time and he talks with a ton of players and coaches. He did say that was his opinion and nothing the coaches have said, but when your biggest cheerleader states he was a bit worried - it made me take notice.

I also get the feeling that Donald Jones is not a big fan of TT's game - he brings up intangibles, but complained a lot about his passing, but I have not heard him be overly critical this camp.

We will see how this all plays out, but I think we are in for another up and down year.

I think that nearly everyone should be allowed an opinion no matter the quality or if it seems redundant. We ALL have the option to ignore. Or just not post.

Those that are name calling and insulting are pretty shallow and perhaps should check themselves.

I for one, do not appreciate the arrogance some here are taking speaking about the quality of the board.

Perhaps you folks should create a club with dinner jackets and crests and a gated entry.

I appreciate your benevolence, but when obvious nonsense is spread it should be called out. Opinions are great; better are opinions based in reason and fact.

I've seen a number of articles, videos and talk on WGR where it was reported he did well at camp too. It sounds like he's been up and down, at worst. That's a long ways from "real bad"... but we're all aware of the OP's agenda, so...

Here's just a couple examples -

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/buffalo_bills_training_camp_day_17_observations_from_first_padded_practice.html

Tyrod Taylor stats

'The Bills did a lot of work on the running game in their first padded practice, but Tyrod Taylor was an efficient 8-for-10 passing the ball. He had one pass that was close to being intercepted but was otherwise sharp during the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 portion of practice. The defense was still applying plenty of pressure, though.'

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/4/16100490/bills-camp-8-3-injury-updates-defense-quarterbacks-tyrod-taylor-jerel-worthy-gerald-hodges-yarbrough

From tonight's scrimmage -

'Tyrod looked sharp for the most part in 11-11 today, leading the offense on an 11 play, 73 yard drive that ended in a missed 43-yard field goal by Steven Hauschka. Tyrod opened up camp hitting on his deep ball to Rashad Ross for a touchdown. Taylor was also able to connect with Charles Clay and Sammy Watkins on the 11 play drive. The pass to Clay was down the seam. Unfortunately for TJ Yates and Nathan Peterman, practice didn’t go so well. In goal line work, Yates threw a pick over the middle to linebacker Gerald Hodges and Peterman threw a pick to end the practice to defensive back Joe Powell. These two haven’t exactly had the best campaign this camp as they face the second and third-team defense.'

According reports. Heard it on Murphy Show again today. Maybe he needs a little competition. He is not worried about Peterman or Yates. Bring in RG3.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/84152/so-far-tyrod-taylor-stuck-in-neutral-during-critical-bills-training-camp

"... stuck in neutral," which is what the story says, is quite different from "looking really bad."

It's early and they're installing a new offense.

Ok, so I read the article. It referenced 1 day of camp. Tuesday. 1 day. Holy clickbait-esque jumping to conclusions.

No, I think he referenced the whole camp several times, though the focus was on Tuesday's 11 on 11s.

"Through the first five practices of training camp, little has changed. If fans at St. John Fisher College have been looking for a step forward from Taylor, it has not been there."

Reports overall haven't been thrilling, though he has had some very nice streaks he hasn't been as consistent as he was in earlier camps. I would expect it's the installment of the new system. He's always had to deal with a good DL pressuring him in Buffalo, but this year it's happening again and that's a factor too. Wouldn't be surprised though if the coaches have been urging him to change things in his game up on downs with pressure and trying a new approach can be difficult.

I personally expect him to bring his game up and be fairly similar to the guy we saw last year, maybe a bit better if the system fits well and the rest of the offense is working well.

This is going to be so interesting. I hear some good and some bad from the reports. The one camp day I went to he was very up and down. Lots of throws to the outside - much like we saw last year, but there was a bit better timing.

He also used his eyes a bit better, but it still was almost all safe throws - nothing that makes you say wow.

Then you read Astro's reports and he tends to be very upbeat and gives a great impression and does an amazing job of providing details. Then you read other reporters and you get a mishmash of things across the board both good and bad.

The one thing hat did worry me was Murph did state he did not think TT was having a good camp - he thought there was still time, but that there was more negatives than positives. When I hear that from Murph - that gives me pause because he is around the team all the time and he talks with a ton of players and coaches. He did say that was his opinion and nothing the coaches have said, but when your biggest cheerleader states he was a bit worried - it made me take notice.

I also get the feeling that Donald Jones is not a big fan of TT's game - he brings up intangibles, but complained a lot about his passing, but I have not heard him be overly critical this camp.

We will see how this all plays out, but I think we are in for another up and down year.

RF... you say some negative and some positive in here. I still don't think your feelings have changed, but this is the most balanced post I've read in a very long time and it's the type of posting and perspective I think we should all aspire to.

I'm being serious, too :thumbsup:

I think that nearly everyone should be allowed an opinion no matter the quality or if it seems redundant. We ALL have the option to ignore. Or just not post.

Those that are name calling and insulting are pretty shallow and perhaps should check themselves.

I for one, do not appreciate the arrogance some here are taking speaking about the quality of the board.

Perhaps you folks should create a club with dinner jackets and crests and a gated entry.

AND preface everyone's handle with the phrase "the right honorable"... Everyone in good standing, that is.... :flirt:

Will cost you nothing. No risk. I don't know what reports you are hearing.

Keep giving Taylor a free pass, like we did with Fitz. We seen how that ended

Gotta love this. More of the same from this guy.

"I've heard other people say bad things"

"Well I saw him at practice and he wasn't playing poorly"

"You're wrong. I have no actual evidence to prove you wrong, but I have unwarranted confidence in my opinion that is based completely on secondhand knowledge"

This gavone. I prefer to call my Sunday sauce gravy. Like my uncle Louie would say about my nephew joey, "not all elevators go to the penthouse". I'm not an expert but ya gotta be a degenerate to think RG 3 is any good. Bless your heart, lay off the good stuff. -The Mobster

Edited by MOBSTER

I appreciate your benevolence, but when obvious nonsense is spread it should be called out. Opinions are great; better are opinions based in reason and fact.

This response proves you're one of them. To start how do you you base opinions on facts? If someone think Taylor is having a bad camp, what's wrong with that? Because it may differ from your opinion that shouldn't mean that people should be subjected to senseless responses and insults.

Thank you. This is something that should be said more often. A lot of people like this are no different from cyber bullies. I always said if you get so agitated by a post or thread why not ignore it? My thing is there are some people with all kinds of insecurities and they don't mesh well with the general public so they use sites like this one just to feel like they're apart of society. You never know what people go through on a daily basis. The disrespect, the rudeness, and the holier then thou attitude is beyond belief. I really wish people would think about how they treat people on this board and also consider that this could be someone that use this board as the only way to fit in. At the end of the day we all love the Bills and we all want a winning team in Buffalo. We just all have different opinions on how they should go about winning. Whether it's coaches, players, or managers. We all want the same thing for the Bills.

RIP TBD

Trash threads like this have killed the quality of the board. I'm thankful that this place was so welcoming when BBMB shut down because some quality posters have been added. At the same point we could have used a little tighter borders because garbage like this has gotten through. We've chased away a lot of good posters because of threads like this.

Interesting.....On so many levels

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm feeding the troll

....will rely on Astro reports....fair and balanced....

I agree. One thing I heard mentioned from the Astro report, regarding TT's innaccuracies was that they are working in timing routes. The kind of routes that are "set the hot read, three step drop, fire where the WR is supposed to be"

This means that the goal of the drill at this point in camp is not to complete the pass. It's getting the muscle memory down on Tyrod's part, and getting the WR's (many of whom won't make the team) in sync.

Yeah, he's having up and down days. That's what camp is for. We know what he is by now, and while I hope the scheme fits, I think we knew the best case was incremental progress. There really wasn't, and isn't anything reasonably better that we could have scrapped up with offseason for an immediate starter. Even Mahomes would have had to sit for a year, as he is clearly not ready.

TT is here for only one year. This staff will get their QB next year

I don't think that the second follows the first. Unless the Bills are bad, really bad, which I don't think they will be, they are likely looking in the 10th-20th pick range is they don't make the playoffs. Kansas, as much as I want them to be awful, I don't expect to give us a top 5 pick. So I imagine that it would be difficult to get a number 1 or 2 overall pick.

Even then, Goff rode the pine for a long while. Wentz was supposed to sit behind Bradford before the Eagles nixed that plan.

So I see 3 outcomes really:

A) The Bills are awful, in which jetting Tyrod make perfect sense, and it's time to bet the farm on a rookie QB using a top 5 pick, the Kansas pick, and next year's first.

B) The Bills are ok, but just not good enough. It becomes obvious that Tyrod can help, but just isn't going get us over the hump. We take a guy, but let him ride the pine in 2018.

C) The Bills make the playoffs. Tyrod proves to be the Alex Smith of this Andy Reid coaching tree branch. The Bills pick in the 20's, meaning that even betting the farm won't get them a top 5 pick. Tyrod likely plays out the last year of his contract, possibly getting traded at the deadline or benched for the rookie.

Unless the Bills really, really bomb, I don't see Tyrod being gone next year.

Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. There are just certain people that are spewing trash all over here on a daily basis. Without being whiny, we'd be much better off without them.

They must be executed.

agreed , just not the name calling.

I mean, I already know I'm an Idiot

They must be executed.

Execute someone for criticizing Tyrod? That seems super reasonable.

The 10 commandments of the CoT.

1. Thou shalt never criticize the chosen one.

Feel free to add more.

Feel free to add more.

This is silly. Who thinks that Tyrod is a perfect QB? He has holes in his game and I haven't seen any real trend where that isn't acknowledged.

This is silly. Who thinks that Tyrod is a perfect QB? He has holes in his game and I haven't seen any real trend where that isn't acknowledged.

Well this is a whole thread piling on a guy criticizing Tyrod, that's all I'm saying

Well this is a whole thread piling on a guy criticizing Tyrod, that's all I'm saying

His OP intimated that Yates and Peterman are preforming better in camp than Tyrod and called fro RG3 to be brought in as competition. That on its face deserves criticism.

No, this is a thread piling on a guy that takes one link by a guythat ripps Buffalo every chance he gets, claims the teams talk show is saying the same (which he has said the opposite) and claiming it to be fact. He has been campaigning against TT for a while. Just look at his posts. Cant make a claim that is just plain false and expect people not to pile on

Feel free to add more.

I'm afraid that you must be executed, too, for even mentioning the commandments.