Tannehill down non contact injury

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure they would love that in Miami. people would travel across the ocean on their makeshift rafts just to boo him

good info to know, thanks. so he failed the initial tests by the trainer or doctor on staff but MRI will be the final verdict. so that probably won't be until tomorrow then

Yeah going to need the MRI to decide if there is a tear and two the extent of the tear if one is present. Might be a couple days because wont do the MRI if there is a lot of swelling.

But don't put to much stock into walking off the field, people walk with completely torn ACLs all the time (specially on a braced knee, which it was)

I hate Miami but it always sucks to have a huge injury in camp. That said, I think they were a 7 win team with him.

they were a 7 win team last year too but then they beat us twice and snuck into the playoffs

The Dolphins will not sign Kaepernick. I lived in Miami for seven years. Two substantial population groups, who carry substantial influence in Miami social, economic, and political life (Cubans & Zionists), absolutely hate far left wing politics. Kaepernick will only be signed by a team in a region where leftists are, at the very least, tolerated. I am not exactly sure where that place is, but it is definitely not Miami.

As a side note, I am not making any sort of political statement, personal or otherwise. This is simply an observation based on my experience in Miami.

The Dolphins will not sign Kaepernick. I lived in Miami for seven years. Two substantial population groups, who carry substantial influence in Miami social, economic, and political life (Cubans & Zionists), absolutely hate far left wing politics. Kaepernick will only be signed by a team in a region where leftists are, at the very least, tolerated. I am not exactly sure where that place is, but it is definitely not Miami.

As a side note, I am not making any sort of political statement, personal or otherwise. This is simply an observation based on my experience in Miami.

Miami goes pretty heavily blue in elections, I believe

edge-wwe.gif

Nah seriously hate to see any player badly hurt, even Trannyhill.

I agree i'm not going to root for anyone to be injured, however, i'm also not going to complain when we play a lesser off Dolphins teams.

Never understood this mentality. Unless it is spinal or brain related, I could not care less if an opponent gets injured, in fact, I root for it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who will continue to get paid and receive the best treatment in the world for an injury they will, in most cases, fully recover from in less than a year. Nah, I don't think so. Get them off the field, make the W's easier for us.

Yeah going to need the MRI to decide if there is a tear and two the extent of the tear if one is present. Might be a couple days because wont do the MRI if there is a lot of swelling.

But don't put to much stock into walking off the field, people walk with completely torn ACLs all the time (specially on a braced knee, which it was)

Definitely walked off the field after my tear during some college intramural football. In fact, it didn't even hurt really...until the next day when it killed. Actually, I remember even jogging on the sideline a little bit trying to get back in...then it gave it out again and I knew I was done.

Never understood this mentality. Unless it is spinal or brain related, I could not care less if an opponent gets injured, in fact, I root for it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who will continue to get paid and receive the best treatment in the world for an injury they will, in most cases, fully recover from in less than a year. Nah, I don't think so. Get them off the field, make the W's easier for us.

I think there are two parts to it.

First -- I feel badly for the player as a human being because if I don't, I'm an animal.

Second -- I feel nothing for the fortunes of their football team because my team's goal is to defeat theirs. The weaker they are, the better.

Miami goes pretty heavily blue in elections, I believe

Blue is liberal, not far left radical like Kaepernick. Furthermore, population groups who have very little power in Miami can still vote. The vote carries very little correlation to who actually controls the city. But I totally understand your point.

I'll offer a quick example of how things work in Miami. The city has a massive Spanish speaking population, but the local government has done everything possible to prevent bilingual education in public schools, and support an English only curriculum.

Again, no political statements here, just observations.

yea watching that vid it looks pretty serious. definitely tweaked that knee. i hope it's Krapernick so we can stop talking about that bum. mark us down for 2 easy wins if that's the case. on top of the 2 wins for just showing up vs the Jets makes us a legit playoff contender. we just need to find 5-6 more wins. if we go .500 in the rest of the games we are in and if anyone can go .500 it's the Buffalo Bills!

Blue is liberal, not far left radical like Kaepernick. Furthermore, population groups who have very little power in Miami can still vote. The vote carries very little correlation to who actually controls the city. But I totally understand your point.

I'll offer a quick example of how things work in Miami. The city has a massive Spanish speaking population, but the local government has done everything possible to prevent bilingual education in public schools, and support an English only curriculum.

Again, no political statements here, just observations.

Wouldn't it make sense to have the Spanish speaking students have an only English curriculum? They don't need to learn Spanish, they already know it.

Unless you're saying the non-spanish speaking students learning Spanish.

I used to teach in Los Angeles. The curriculum were English only because there was no need to have Spanish when it was the dominant language.

Just watched the video -- the left leg clearly "locks" as he plants, and then he immediately lifts it high and crumples to the ground.

I'm no doctor, but did anybody else see that the Bar-Bill now has an app?

Reason I asked about an MRI is people that have had ACL tears before can fail Lachman Tests (specially when you never had surgery), I myself can fail a Lachman test right now (two ACL replacements already and yet my ACL is completely intact)

Yeah my ACL is still torn from many years ago. Completely tore my ACL, partially tore MCL, tore my meniscus and it took a piece of my knee bone with it...

Damn hard injury to recover from. It took me many months to even put weight on it, and many more months of rehab to learn to walk again. Getting range of motion back was probably the worst. Talk about pain... ugh I get shivers just thinking about it.

I've had a lot of injuries in my life, but nothing came close to the pain from that knee injury. It blew up immediately. The doctor said he never drained that much fluid off someone's knee before (and these were the UB dr's that work on the Bills and other athletes).

I didn't read the whole thread but this is the same knee he hurt last year and elected to not have surgery to repair - I guess it was a sprain rather than a tear at that time. But I had a feeling he would hurt it again.

Yeah same knee. Partial tear last year. Elected for a Stem Cell treatment over surgery

I was hoping he wasn't still there.

Moore might even be better then Tanny.

Stil I don't expect much from Miami. With or without Tanny.

My god, your takes are straight fire. That's right, Matt Moore hasn't been able to get a starting job in the NFL in how many years despite being better than Tannehill?