Stevie Johnson in Buffalo?

He was roundly slammed as a me-first player on the radio yesterday by someone I forgot but in the know. Came to camp overweight every year, cost his team with stupid penalties and monumental drops. One of the worst hyped players in the drought. Wouldn't let him play for free, and I hope the team has the same feeling.

He was roundly slammed as a me-first player on the radio yesterday by someone I forgot but in the know. Came to camp overweight every year, cost his team with stupid penalties and monumental drops. One of the worst hyped players in the drought. Wouldn't let him play for free, and I hope the team has the same feeling.

You mean the guy that openly didn't have a workout regimen and was constantly nagged by muscle pulls -- and ran routes his own way- and took look at me penalties- was likely a bit self centered?

Color me shocked.

He was an ok player but not a cornerstone. A fair amount of his production was being the number 1 receiver in a passing era where the production had to go somewhere. He never felt like a true threat or game changer or guy that occupied multiple defenders in a gameplan

Compare his stats during his 3 1000+ yard seasons to Sammy's .......

I didn't love him but at least he stayed on the field and scored more TDs.

HOWEVER, that freaking Pittsburg drop still kills me😳

Would you consider Stevie an accumulator or a game changer?

I know which I consider Sammy and which I think Stevie is.

Would you consider Stevie an accumulator or a game changer?

I know which I consider Sammy and which I think Stevie is.

Gotta be in the game to change the game.

Honest question: do you think Sammy misses games this year? If so, how many?

Compare his stats during his 3 1000+ yard seasons to Sammy's .......

I didn't love him but at least he stayed on the field and scored more TDs.

HOWEVER, that freaking Pittsburg drop still kills me

Shall I remind you of the game against the Falcons in 2013 when he fumbled, and subsequently turned the ball over, after catching a pass that would have put the Bills in field goal range to put the game away?

Is 14 games of an accumulator better than 8 of a game changer?

It's not even a question I have to give second thought to... but it's not an answer you will like.

Stevie averaged 140 targets a year for 3 years, Sammy has 90 targets a year. They are about 600 yards apart, despite Sammy having been dealt a serious injury inside that.

Think about that. Stevie has 600 more yards in 150 more targets if you isolate his 3 most successful seasons (and most successful by a long shot compared to every other year)

If you toss sammys foot injury year...

228 targets, 2029 yards 15 tds

If you cherry pick Stevie's two best, (non consecutive) years

289 targets 2119 yards 16 tds

Stevie was the definition of "your going to produce a few thousand passing yards and SOMEONE has to catch them. He belonged as an NFL starter, but his impact was not substantial

Edited by NoSaint

He was one of our best players on teams that were lacking real talent. He was also one of the main reasons we lost many games as well. For every good play Stevie made he responded with a bad one.

Shall I remind you of the game against the Falcons in 2013 when he fumbled, and subsequently turned the ball over, after catching a pass that would have put the Bills in field goal range to put the game away?

Oh you mean the same game where Scott "stone hands" Chandler fumbled in OT near the 50 yard line? Yeah, that was great.

As you can see, I never forgave him for the TD drop and never trusted him after it.

When he left, I was not sad to see him go.

BUT, a 7 th round draft pick has better stats than a double 1 st round draft pick and could be counted on to take the field.

I do not think we should pick him back up.

As you can see, I never forgave him for the TD drop and never trusted him after it.

When he left, I was not sad to see him go.

BUT, a 7 th round draft pick has better stats than a double 1 st round draft pick and could be counted on to take the field.

I do not think we should pick him back up.

Better stats is shakey -- pretty similar best seasons despite less targets, and just starting his career for sammy. Pretty similar 2 best seasons despite the above. The only place Stevie is truly better is if you slice the very specific 3 best years of his career against a 3 year player that had an injury issue one year.