Biggest Hole on Depth Chart?

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which position depth chart worries you?

• QB (Tyrod, Yates, Peterman, Jones)
    • RB (Shady, JWilliams, Banyard, O'Neal, Johnson)
    • WR (Sammy, Zay, Holmes, Brown, Streater, Powell, Lewis, Ross, Tate)
    • TE (Clay, O'Leary, Saxton, Thomas, Towbridge, Croom)
    • T (Glenn, Dawkins, Mills, Henderson)
    • G (Incognito, Miller, Ducasse, Ola, Groy)
    • C (Wood, Groy, Lewis)
    • FB (DeMarco, Tolbert)
    • DT (Dareus, Kyle, Washington, Worthy, Coleman, Lewis)
    • DE (Hughes, Shaq, Valles, Davis, Metz)
    • LB (Alexander, Ragland, Brown, Hodges, Humber, Vallejo, Millano)
    • CB (Darby, White, Seymour, Wright, Johnson, Sylve)
    • S (Hyde, Poyer, Anderson, Gary)

But the level of talent between our starter and the rest of the QBs is nearly equal. We're shallow to begin with, so it's not a depth issue.

Ha ha ha, no it's not!!! It's the biggest gap on the team besides Shady. If Tyrod plays 16 games with the roster we will win around half. If Tyrod plays 0 games we will win around 3 (which may not be the worst idea). There isn't a player on this team that holds more true for. Edited by Kirby Jackson

i'm surprised there aren't any votes for OT. Glenn is not healthy and hasn't even practiced to date and Henderson has some serious issues with his Crohn's disease and use of marijuana as a medical aid (not approved for use by the NFL). that really only leaves Dawkins (rookie) and Mills (terrible). they must be expecting that Kouandijo is going to be suspended for them to cut him from a position group that is so thin.

Good call.

One write in vote for long snapper.

Sanborn is back with Fitz in Tampa. Better team, better weather and he's finally gonna go to the playoffs.

The Bills will rue the day they decided to let Garrison Sanborn go. Mark my words.

A stud with a trick knee... He goes down, and then what? -Run McCoy into the ground until HE gets hurt?... People are calling for 10 wins, but for the life of me I cannot see how...

Clay did miss games. Oleary did just fine in his place.

12 mill under the cap. They got rid of Mike for no reason

I liked Mike as much as anyone but the overvaluing of what he meant to this team is silly (same with Hogan although we should have gotten something for Hogan). Mike is a backup RB which if Williams stays healthy probably Jonathan would have beat him out anyways. He joins how many RBs in New England?

i'm surprised there aren't any votes for OT. Glenn is not healthy and hasn't even practiced to date and Henderson has some serious issues with his Crohn's disease and use of marijuana as a medical aid (not approved for use by the NFL). that really only leaves Dawkins (rookie) and Mills (terrible). they must be expecting that Kouandijo is going to be suspended for them to cut him from a position group that is so thin.

They have Ola too which has some starts on the right side. Glenn will be back and OT becomes an instant strength

I hate to say it, but long snapper. Huge concern.

Right after FB.

Who will be FB #3 if DiMarco & Tolbert goes down?!

For me is Safety because we just have one starting NFL safety, Poyer does not inspair confidence in me. At CB at least we have 2 promising CBs.

DE is also a concern but I guess that Lonzo will play DE so we should be ok there.

DE/Edge

No idea what we will get from Lawson, there is 1 legitimate starter there. If Hughes gets injured, look out.

I agree with this and Hughes has been less effective since the decline and departure of Mario on the other side. However, I voted LB. There isn't a top level starter in the group unless last season in the 3-4 was a rebirth for Alexander instead of an outlier. Edited by vincec

There's definitely some weak position groups for depth but stuff like a bad OT can be compensated for by other position groups alot more easily than something like QB or RB or a DB, the only person who's worried most about OT is Taylor.

I went linebacker. This to me is the only area that won't smoothly transition from 34 to 43. I dont see where Ragland fits, Preston Brown is average. LorAx yet a different responsibility has he ever had to play coverage? We drafted 2 safety converted fringe college linebackers. Gerald Hodges might be our best bet. I dont know guys.

The Bills starting 22 isn't bad, but our depth is as bad as I've seen from the Bills in years.

Behind our starters, we've got nothing at DE, DT, CB, SS, FS, WR, TE and RB. Once the injuries kick in I think we'll (yet again) be in big trouble.

THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN...WE NEED A SAFETY!

Who should we go after?

Isa Abdul-Quddus

Jairus Byrd

Corey Graham

Aaron Williams

Lardarius Webb

Rashad Johnson

Kendrick Lewis

Donte Shitner

As we prepare to head to camp, I've noticed a couple of positions that look pretty thin. I was hoping some of these positions would be filled with free agency but the signings this offseason have been pretty underwhelming. We would like to think we will be able to get everyone to the season healthy but you know how things go.

Going into 2017, what position group do you see as the biggest hole on our roster?

I voted BIlls.

The biggest hole on the depth chart is BIlls.

QBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQB

That's the answer for any team. You lose your QB you go from 8 wins to 3.

I read the questions as "where is the least amount of NFL talent that may play?" Backup RB, DE, WR and TE are all concerning but IF the starters stay healthy they will be okay. S may have an issue before an injury and has huge issues (potentially) with an injury.

QB is in the tier with RB, DE, WR & TE but that's probably true for 80% of the teams in the league. The only exceptions are teams like he Jets, 49ers, Broncos, Browns and Bears where the #1 & #2 are virtually interchangeable. That isn't the case with the Bills. From what I'm hearing the gap between Tyrod & the field is massive.

Edited by Kirby Jackson