Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only discovered after the first game that they don't do the each game in 22 minutes or so on the following Tuesday/Wednesday.

That seriously, SERIOUSLY pissed me off. That was the best feature.

F the red zone...the game replays allowed me to see 3-4 other good games in less than a total of 2 hours, that I didn't get to see on Sunday.

I only discovered after the first game that they don't do the each game in 22 minutes or so on the following Tuesday/Wednesday.

That seriously, SERIOUSLY pissed me off. That was the best feature.

F the red zone...the game replays allowed me to see 3-4 other good games in less than a total of 2 hours, that I didn't get to see on Sunday.

They got rid of shortcuts? Didn't know that if so.

"The media" didn't force the bigot to post racist manure on Facebook. That's like that guy in Buffao a few years ago who was fired from his city job after a reporter taped him using all kinds of racist slurs like most people use the word 'the' when they talk. He blamed "the media", too.

I cancelled. Not because I'm outraged or offended by the lack of patriotism, but as a message that I don't want politics in my football anymore than I want onions with my ice cream.

FWIW, the second thread should have been a stand alone. The topic is completely different from the first several pages and thus requires a bit of effort to pick up on the new discussion.

^^^

Cancelled mine. I don't watch football for the snowflakes. There's no reason to make the game a soap box for idiots. Just give each other brain trama and broken bones, and be done with it.

I don't believe either of you. Three reasons:

• Direct TV specifically states that you have to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket before the start of the season, so why would you even bother trying to cancel? I seriously doubt that a lowly customer service rep working in a call center that might not even be in the US can make a decision to cancel your subscription and cancel what you contracted to pay. That policy has to come from higher up the corporate food chain, and it would take more than a few hours to even get the people together to discuss that decision.
  • Secondly, if you're such a football fan that you were willing to pay to be able to see all out-of-market games, why are you so stupid as to cut off your nose to spite your face? You're such a patriot? Really?
  • What exactly does NFL Sunday Ticket/Direct TV have to do with the NFL protests anyways? They broadcast the games, not determine what the NFL does. Since you're sooooo outraged, are you also boycotting ESPN and NFL Network as well as the local CBS and FOX affiliates since they all carry NFL? If you're boycotting the NFL, then why are you posting on a Bills MB?

My guess is that your stories are about as honest as the one about Vonn Miller losing an endorsement because of the protests when, in fact, the endorsement deal ended months ago, but if you want to pretend moral outrage and make yourself look like the south end of a northbound horse, go for it.

"6 easy payments of $62.99" ? Good Grief am I missing something? Thats a rip-off in the neighborhood I grew up in.

Is it really $378 for the season ? I find that hard to believe. I mean, I like football but no way in hell would I pay that much.

"6 easy payments of $62.99" ? Good Grief am I missing something? Thats a rip-off in the neighborhood I grew up in.

Is it really $378 for the season ? I find that hard to believe. I mean, I like football but no way in hell would I pay that much.

I think that's the full package with Red Zone and Fantasy. You may have to pay extra for streaming if you're not on AT&T for your phone. I pay about $250 for tv and streaming on AT&T, no RZ or Fantasy.

For most educated people, it's about 6 payments of between $0 and $12 a month..greatest bargain in the history of entertainment.

Shortcuts are on the Sunday Ticket app, too.

I thought that all got moved to the Gamepass, good to know its on Ticket as well

"The media" didn't force the bigot to post racist manure on Facebook. That's like that guy in Buffao a few years ago who was fired from his city job after a reporter taped him using all kinds of racist slurs like most people use the word 'the' when they talk. He blamed "the media", too.

^^^

• Direct TV specifically states that you have to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket before the start of the season, so why would you even bother trying to cancel? I seriously doubt that a lowly customer service rep working in a call center that might not even be in the US can make a decision to cancel your subscription and cancel what you contracted to pay. That policy has to come from higher up the corporate food chain, and it would take more than a few hours to even get the people together to discuss that decision.
  • Secondly, if you're such a football fan that you were willing to pay to be able to see all out-of-market games, why are you so stupid as to cut off your nose to spite your face? You're such a patriot? Really?
  • What exactly does NFL Sunday Ticket/Direct TV have to do with the NFL protests anyways? They broadcast the games, not determine what the NFL does. Since you're sooooo outraged, are you also boycotting ESPN and NFL Network as well as the local CBS and FOX affiliates since they all carry NFL? If you're boycotting the NFL, then why are you posting on a Bills MB?
My guess is that your stories are about as honest as the one about Vonn Miller losing an endorsement because of the protests when, in fact, the endorsement deal ended months ago, but if you want to pretend moral outrage and make yourself look like the south end of a northbound horse, go for it.

Well, you are wrong and uninformed. Cancelled it. They asked if it was because of the players disrespecting the anthem, I said yes. They said no problem, payments are stopped and sunday ticket was removed. It also makes me happy that you look like a presumptuous chump.

^^^

I don't give a brown sh!t what you believe.

To who.

NFL nope get their 1.5B check every year.

To DirectTv you think they are gonna absorb any loss? Nope they will just raise normal packages.

So in essence you are passing you feelings to others to cover

You don't understand economics.

Well, you are wrong and uninformed. Cancelled it. They asked if it was because of the players disrespecting the anthem, I said yes. They said no problem, payments are stopped and sunday ticket was removed. It also makes me happy that you look like a presumptuous chump.

Sometimes that's the best part of this forum👍

Just made my annual call and I got the following with my contract now expired:

NFL Sunday Ticket at no charge.

Upgraded to Max for $96 ($16/month for 6 months)

Bill Credit of $50/month for 12 months with no additional commitment

Bill Credit of $22/month for 6 months with no additional commitment

I'm satisfied with what I got, but I had to cancel Sunday Ticket Max in order to get Sunday Ticket for free.

Update.

Just called DirecTV to see if they had any offers on NHL Center Ice with the Sabres' season on the horizon. They offered me 4 payments of $38.49 with $15/month off my bill for 12 months. I accepted of course since that more than covers the cost of NHL CI.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

For most educated people, it's about 6 payments of between $0 and $12 a month..greatest bargain in the history of entertainment.

I thought that all got moved to the Gamepass, good to know its on Ticket as well

Sunday Ticket MAX has Shortcuts games. GamePass has the full/condensed/home or away audio.

Update.

Just called DirecTV to see if they had any offers on NHL Center Ice with the Sabres' season on the horizon. They offered me 4 payments of $38.49 with $15/month off my bill for 12 months. I accepted of course since that more than covers the cost of NHL CI.

Great, I need to call this weekend.

Update.

Yep that's what they gave me as well.

nucci, I watched the Bills game and the Patriots game on the ST app.

Thank you, again.

Sure, I did send an email to directv last year and corporate called me. I complained about moving shortcuts from TV to website.....obviously they didn't listen to me

Sure, I did send an email to directv last year and corporate called me. I complained about moving shortcuts from TV to website.....obviously they didn't listen to me

It was nice on the ipad, but yes, I really do miss being able to get record about 5-6 games and then watch them during the week and weekend.

Just don't understand what the deal is...why you can't show them on channels that are empty during the week.

Finally complained enough.

Still paying for Sunday Ticket Max, but they are giving me a discount on my total bill of $44 a month for the next 12 months. So they are paying me to have have STM, now.

Got a free upgrade to a Genie.

Edited by Domdab99

26CornerBlitz, on 28 Sept 2017 - 4:41 PM, said:snapback.png

Update.

Yep that's what they gave me as well.

Thanks for the tips. I always look to this board for good info on Directv. I just called and no such luck for me. They were very nice, but did note that I am already getting free Sunday Ticket and $55 off my bill for 12 months (and I'm getting another $20 off for 12 months that they didn't mention, as well as free HBO and discounted Showtime), so I wasn't going to push my luck. The truth is that I usually don't even look into the NHL package until after the Super Bowl. I love watching so much NFL, college football and now baseball playoffs that there just aren't enough hours left to watch all of the early season Sabres games too. The games don't really get meaningful until later in the season and by then, I can tell if the team is a contender or not. Plus, I'm not quite ready to get divorced! Good luck to the rest of you. And, yes, given that NHL Center Ice has a free preview this week, I am recording the Sabres opener and will probably watch it tonight after the family goes to bed.

By the way, an awesome feature of NHL Center Ice on DirecTV is it also gives you access to NHL.tv on all of your mobile devices and PC. I'll catch more Sabres games on my iPhone than I will sitting at home.

By the way, an awesome feature of NHL Center Ice on DirecTV is it also gives you access to NHL.tv on all of your mobile devices and PC. I'll catch more Sabres games on my iPhone than I will sitting at home.

good to know, thanks.

Just got center Ice and they gave $10 off my bill for 12 months. Nice deal Not paying for NFL ticket and barely anything for NHL.