Maclin or Decker? (If you could choose)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Decker is healthy I think he fits what we need better. I think Maclin is more of a #1 guy where Decker is clearly a #2 and flourishes in that role. Decker also has the bigger frame of the two. I think he, Watkins, and Jones would make for a better trio for Taylor with what Taylor does on the field.

None. I'd say let's see how we do with what we have. Let the season play out.

I agree , if Sammy and Jones stay healthy the offence should be good. Roll over that cap space to next season.

None. I'd say let's see how we do with what we have. Let the season play out.

that is what we did last year

how did that work out when our #1 WR was Walt Powell??? BARF

We need legit NFL WR's as starters and depth, not the black hole that currently exists after both of our injured starters

Id rather they not sign anyone who will help them to struggle less @ winning 6-7 games this season.

So no one.

Play who you got. Take your medicine. In 2018 get serious.

I'd rather that than Decker as well. I don't think Decker is a real difference maker. Maclin is though - he makes this offense so much more dangerous he might push you into playoff contention.

Who has the least amount of trips to the locker room with an injury? None of them are worth a damn if always hurt. I'd like either but I'd probably go with Decker though I like Maclin's potential in the offense especially if Sammy goes out. Decker is the ideal #2 where Maclin when healthy is a #1. Outside of his shoulder Decker is dependable. Maclin has knee issues. In McD I trust.

Maclin. Just seems like a great fit. Could really help this offense take the next step.

When's the last time we had a solid WR1-3 anyways? With Moulds and Price/Evans, our WR3 was Josh Reed.

If he goes to the Ravens or will be Flacco. I'd say at this point it's likely that it will be Tyrod or Flacco?

Really hope the Ravens don't ask if he would rather catch passes from the starter or backup that won it all in 2013.

I'd rather that than Decker as well. I don't think Decker is a real difference maker. Maclin is though - he makes this offense so much more dangerous he might push you into playoff contention.

The receivers were open last year as was the TE. It's a rigged system in the NFL to allow Offenses to flourish by skewing the rules to allow WRs to get open. The young and new guys we have now will also be open in the Fall.

Maclin over Decker. The real question is Maclin or Barnidge imo. Considering our system, If we plan on running lots of 2 TE sets to help disguise the run/pass I think Barnidge might be the best fit.

The receivers were open last year as was the TE. It's a rigged system in the NFL to allow Offenses to flourish by skewing the rules to allow WRs to get open. The young and new guys we have now will also be open in the Fall.

Oh I have been the biggest drum banger when it comes to the fact our guys were open a lot last year and the QB didn't throw them the ball. But they have stuck with Tyrod and on the reduced deal that is a sensible move - so you put the best guys you can around him. Mac on a 1 year deal, Sammy on the last year of his rookie deal.... and if the QB can't get it done with a #1 and #1A it should accelerate the decision to move on. Set Tyrod up to succeed and then it is on him to do so. Unlike others who want a longer deal I only want Mac on a 1 year deal.

Fans are still in win npw mode. What guys can get us into the playoffs now, but the FO isnt thinking that way.

They want to break it down, build their team then be competitive year in and year out.

At this point, I doubt we sign any of them

Fans are still in win npw mode. What guys can get us into the playoffs now, but the FO isnt thinking that way.

They want to break it down, build their team then be competitive year in and year out.

Why would you believe that? Nothing supports your theory.

Um, no

They haven't shown that at all. They brought in Hodges on a 1 year. They brought back Tyrod. They are chasing Maclin and Barnidge on short-term deals. You don't add guys if you are trying to break it down. The actions of the Jets show a team breaking it down.