Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things:

- Shady was in his wedding 2 weeks ago so they are very close

- He was with McDermott in Philly

- This allows them to release Holmes (along with Davis and Ducasse) and land that 3rd round comp pick (potentially)

No brainer to give him a call...

A couple of things:

- This allows them to release Holmes (along with Davis and Ducasse) and land that 3rd round comp pick (potentially)

Seems natural.

Probably a little pricier than most would peg but having real WR depth sure would be nice and might net us a pick if all works out as you note

1-2 year deal at 4 million a year otherwise no way.

Of course it would have to be a reasonable deal.

A couple of things:

I get your point, but if they were to sign Maclin, then the Bills would have very good depth at WR.

A line-up of Watkins, Maclin, Holmes & Z.Jones sounds very tantalizing.

Of course it would have to be a reasonable deal.

I get your point, but if they were to sign Maclin, then the Bills would have very good depth at WR.

A line-up of Watkins, Maclin, Holmes & Z.Jones sounds very tantalizing.

The dropoff from Holmes to Butler, Streeter, Listenbee, etc..., as a number 4, isn't worth scaraficing a 3rd. IF (big IF), they landed Maclin Holmes would almost certainly be gone IMO.

Seems natural.

Probably a little pricier than most would peg but having real WR depth sure would be nice and might net us a pick if all works out as you note

My guess is something like 1 year and $6M. That is just a total random guess based on nothing. Edited by Kirby Jackson

A couple of things:

Our QB coach was his WR coach.

Bills will be after him no doubt. Perfect compliment to Watkins.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The dropoff from Holmes to Butler, Streeter, Listenbee, etc..., as a number 4, isn't worth scaraficing a 3rd. IF (big IF), they landed Maclin Holmes would almost certainly be gone IMO.

My guess is something like 1 year and $6M. That is just a total random guess based on nothing.

Holmes is such a good 4th WR, Great blocker, great on special teams. Can fill in a top 3 spot if injury calls for it. Holmes is like 3 players in one.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Holmes is such a good 4th WR, Great blocker, great on special teams. Can fill in a top 3 spot if injury calls for it. Holmes is like 3 players in one.

As a #4 receiver, he isn't worth trading a 3rd round pick for. That's essentially what you would be doing. If we were the number 3 this year it'd be a tougher pill to swallow but as a depth guy it's an easy decision.

My guess is something like 1 year and $6M. That is just a total random guess based on nothing.

i was thinking somewhere in the 7s.

As a #4 receiver, he isn't worth trading a 3rd round pick for. That's essentially what you would be doing. If we were the number 3 this year it'd be a tougher pill to swallow but as a depth guy it's an easy decision.

You would have to release 4 players. But if the Bills are looking to add another mid round pick then Im fine with that. They can sign them back.

I wont cry over a 4th WR being released.

You would have to release 4 players. But if the Bills are looking to add another mid round pick then Im fine with that. They can sign them back.

I wont cry over a 4th WR being released.

I think it would be just Ducasse (who isn't going to make the team), and Davis (with Holmes). Davis may play some put they can always add a guy that gets released to fill that "depth DE" role.

I think it would be just Ducasse (who isn't going to make the team), and Davis (with Holmes). Davis may play some put they can always add a guy that gets released to fill that "depth DE" role.

3rd DE is a very important position.

Anyone have a list of UFA's we signed? Not players cut.

Would love this addition. And while I think Holmes is currently a WR 2 or 3 (yeah, I think he has some huge upside)--if he is 4 I would cut him for a 3rd rounder. Tate can fill-in on special teams, etc.

Watkins and Jones outside. Philly Brown in the slot. Holmes is currently our backup at the X or Z.

Im predicting it now , bills will get top 10 pick from the chiefs next year.

Losing key players and tough schedule, their luck cant last forever

There are 2 forces going up against each other, Bills bad luck and KC's good luck. Which is stronger, and which will end?

Watkins and Jones outside. Philly Brown in the slot. Holmes is currently our backup at the X or Z.

True, although given the injurie(s) to Watkins and/or Jones, I could see him coming in early in the season and playing his way into keeping a spot. That said, I would get Maclin over him if it came down to it. WR depth. Fantastic!

I would love that. Will be rooting against KC all year.

3rd DE is a very important position.

Anyone have a list of UFA's we signed? Not players cut.

It's in the comp pick thread. This is the most common way to get there. Hauschka and DiMarco factor in as well.

Davis is the 3rd DE now (maybe) but he had 4 tackles last year. There will be a lot of guys that hit the market that can do the job as well as him.

Why was he released? Cap? attitude? sucks?

Considering KC is fairly thin at WR, this release seems odd. Besides Hill, who is a multi purpose player, the next WR on the roster is........Chris Conley? I get that the cap hit was a tough one to swallow but there is nobody else there.

I love the move though, the more depleted the Chefs are, the better chance they suck, the better the draft pick for us.

Considering KC is fairly thin at WR, this release seems odd. Besides Hill, who is a multi purpose player, the next WR on the roster is........Chris Conley? I get that the cap hit was a tough one to swallow but there is nobody else there.

I love the move though, the more depleted the Chefs are, the better chance they suck, the better the draft pick for us.

it is strange. Your questions are good. Perhaps they forgot they traded the pick, or the trade was conditioned on them tanking :)

6 WR's on the final roster

Watkins

Maclin

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Philly Brown

Listenbee/Tate

Everyone keeps forgetting Streater. I think he beats out Tate and Brown.

Watkins/ Maclin/ Z. Jones/ Holmes/ Streater/ Listenbee Me Likey!!

6 WR's on the final roster

Watkins

Maclin

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Philly Brown

Listenbee/Tate

Everyone keeps forgetting Streater. I think he beats out Tate and Brown.

Watkins/ Maclin/ Z. Jones/ Holmes/ Streater/ Listenbee Me Likey!!

Special teams is key for 4th-6th WRs on the roster. The best special teams players earn those spots.

It's a good question. You have to wonder...

Sign me up!

I won't worry about, ya know, the odds right now.

Special teams is key for 4th-6th WRs on the roster. The best special teams players earn those spots.

Nooooope.

It'll be good if we can get a contribution there but I'm not putting tackling over reviving skills when you probably see two getting noteworthy snaps between injuries and packages