ESPN: Seahawks Defense really resents Russell Wilson

yeah I saw that article. didn't bother reading. It's pretty obvious Sherman has had issues about that last play over the course of last season every time there was a goal line pass called by offense. The culture Pete Carroll has been fostering is one based on positive thinking and togetherness. Sherman should be cut honestly. Team and culture is more important than any single player.

This. You got a coach who has built his career on letting go and moving on, and a guy in Sherman who can't let go and won't move on. Let him go then.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not often you see a franchise turn on one play, but that's what Carroll has done with that unfathomable call in the Super Bowl. Had the Hawks been 2-time defending champs I think they'd have had a much better mindset the last couple years and who knows what they might have accomplished.

The dislike of Russ seems petty and jealous. But I will say I thought something was up with him before our MNF game there last year, when he did the interview in the tunnel and looked like he just had a pre-game date with "Molly." It was bizarre.

I know folks think this was click bait and that Sherman is an ass, but I tend to believe it. Russ has proven to be a total douche and total phony, and let me tell you folks here in his home town of Richmond, and especially at Collegiate, where he went to school K-12 , he has gone from rock star to pariah in the last 5 years.

He tells stories nationally about his parents "struggle" financially growing up...his dad was a very successful attorney. They were paying full boat at collegiate for 2 kids..about $40k a year for 12 years.

He claimed to not be as accepted at a majority white school, he was class president and homecoming King.

All this to make his story appear "harder" and how he has overcome adversity.

And not to go all TMZ, but the stories about the truth behind how

His first marriage ended are not all that flattering either , and certainly not in line with with chroir boy image.

At all

BTW, not one cent to one charity in Richmond, and he does not even do his QB camps here anymore cause he is just not well liked.

I am guessing Sherman is correct here..

Edited by plenzmd1

I actually have enjoyed their playoffs problems the last few years....After SB48, their fans we're absolutely unbearable.....Dynasty this, Dynasty that....after 1 championship !! I hope they don't win another one for years and years....

I as well. They drive me freaking nuts out here. Fairweather fans if you ask me.

The article isn;t telling the whole story, or gossip, according to what I've read, again its just gossip

The rift is more between Sherman and Pete Carroll

The offensive captains and the defensive captains

The story is Carroll demands a very high level of excellence on his D, which Sherman feels they give him, year in and out

Then at the same time Carroll coddles the offense, demands no such excellence

Sherman is fed up with the inconsistency of his HC regarding the way he treats the two sides of the ball

And thus wants to play for another coach and another team that is more appreciative of his unit's collective play

He say's its not about his play, its about his team mates and unit being treated equally, and with more respect

jc

This all may be true, but it's a dumb way to look at things (not you; the Seahawks defensive players if they actually think this way). The Seahawks o-line over the last two seasons has been among the 2 or 3 worst in the league, and it's not because of a lack of effort. It's because the talent is incredibly poor. The defense has good talent. Demanding excellence from no-talent players is a fool's errand. Wilson is an amazing player who makes that offense look competent despite such terrible talent in front of him.

Russell Wilson was a scheme QB, played well within a run first type of attack. Then they gave him the big contract and wanted him to be the franchise guy that throws for 5000 yards and that's just not him. I don't know why they got away from what they were doing in the run game. They were one of the few teams that strategy worked for because their defense was so dominant. I can see Sherman's frustration. But I still don't like him

Russell Wilson was a scheme QB, played well within a run first type of attack. Then they gave him the big contract and wanted him to be the franchise guy that throws for 5000 yards and that's just not him. I don't know why they got away from what they were doing in the run game. They were one of the few teams that strategy worked for because their defense was so dominant. I can see Sherman's frustration. But I still don't like him

Their offensive line talent the last two seasons has been TERRIBLE. It pretty much explains everything.

Their offensive line talent the last two seasons has been TERRIBLE. It pretty much explains everything.

The offensive line will always look worse than they really are with a mobile QB. They're still pretty bad, but I don't think Russ helps them out either. The Tarkenton stuff is helpful on many plays, but it also costs them plenty of other times.

I actually have enjoyed their playoffs problems the last few years....After SB48, their fans we're absolutely unbearable.....Dynasty this, Dynasty that....after 1 championship !! I hope they don't win another one for years and years....

when you can't steamroll opponents the next year, it causes a lot of stress and decisions to make in the clutch.

oops...

I know folks think this was click bait and that Sherman is an ass, but I tend to believe it. Russ has proven to be a total douche and total phony, and let me tell you folks here in his home town of Richmond, and especially at Collegiate, where he went to school K-12 , he has gone from rock star to pariah in the last 5 years.

He tells stories nationally about his parents "struggle" financially growing up...his dad was a very successful attorney. They were paying full boat at collegiate for 2 kids..about $40k a year for 12 years.

He claimed to not be as accepted at a majority white school, he was class president and homecoming King.

His first marriage ended are not all that flattering either , and certainly not in line with with chroir boy image.

At all

BTW, not one cent to one charity in Richmond, and he does not even do his QB camps here anymore cause he is just not well liked.

Ouch. That hurts. I was not aware of local hate. That is a very good barometer as they know him best. Thanks for info..

Outside the stadium, the defense has been exposed. At Atlanta, at Carolina, both blowouts. Paul Allen threw away billions on it. They play QBs who can't audible and run a silent snap for 8 games every year. It's the same reason the Bills are bad at stopping the run on the road and late in the year. The crowd noise is never taking into account during the film, and scrubs can get a roster spot.

Dump another billion into coaching staff, who study how the defense how to cheat and get away with it, and you have your not so great defense. Leagues should really start kicking people out who habitually cheat. Football, hockey and boxing is quickly turning into a holding feast. If they don't do something soon, people will stop watching it and ratings will drop. Oh wait...

The offensive line will always look worse than they really are with a mobile QB. They're still pretty bad, but I don't think Russ helps them out either. The Tarkenton stuff is helpful on many plays, but it also costs them plenty of other times.

Not really true. The line was actually good from 2012-2014. Injuries and departures killed them afterward. Trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham after the 2014 season was definitely a mixed result. Sweezy, McQuistan, and Okung are all gone too. They were all decent to solid players, and Unger was (and is) really good.

Edited by dave mcbride

Not really true. The line was actually good from 2012-2014. Injuries and departures killed them afterward. Trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham after the 2014 season was definitely a mixed result. Sweezy, McQuistan, and Okung are all gone too. They were all decent to solid players, and Unger was (and is) really good.

they still haven't really figured out how to use Graham (except vs Rex) like NO did.

At all

Russ has always struck me as an A-Rod type fraud. He wants so much to be liked he isn't genuine at all.

Yup Russ got paid and not surprisingly the Hawks have fallen off. The defense is the only reason they are still one of the top teams in the NFC. That and they only have to deal with 1 other good team in the division at a time. It was the niners for a bit and now it is the Cards. Last year they had zero competition for the division.

Haven't read the whole thread but thought about something this morning. TOTAL HYPOTHETICAL: would you trade TT & both 2018 1st's for Russell Wilson if you could?

Absolutely not. Tyrod and Russ are so similar I don't think it is much of an improvement. Russ just had an amazing defense to win games as he learned the position. Russ won a playoff game with 103 yards passing. I've put it elsewhere but their stats are incredibly similar over their first 2 years starting in the league. Russ is better than Tyrod at this point but not 2 first round picks better imo. Hell last year alone Russ accounted for 22 Tds and 11 ints while Tyrod went for 23 and 6. 5 times last year the Seahawks scored 12 or less points the Bills did that exactly once and it was when EJ started.

Haven't read the whole thread but thought about something this morning. TOTAL HYPOTHETICAL: would you trade TT & both 2018 1st's for Russell Wilson if you could?

I'd run to the phone. Wilson is a star.

Russ has always struck me as an A-Rod type fraud. He wants so much to be liked he isn't genuine at all.

Yup Russ got paid and not surprisingly the Hawks have fallen off. The defense is the only reason they are still one of the top teams in the NFC. That and they only have to deal with 1 other good team in the division at a time. It was the niners for a bit and now it is the Cards. Last year they had zero competition for the division.

Absolutely not. Tyrod and Russ are so similar I don't think it is much of an improvement. Russ just had an amazing defense to win games as he learned the position. Russ won a playoff game with 103 yards passing. I've put it elsewhere but their stats are incredibly similar over their first 2 years starting in the league. Russ is better than Tyrod at this point but not 2 first round picks better imo. Hell last year alone Russ accounted for 22 Tds and 11 ints while Tyrod went for 23 and 6. 5 times last year the Seahawks scored 12 or less points the Bills did that exactly once and it was when EJ started.

No. Ravens game.

No. Ravens game.

Russell Wilson lost a game last year against the Rams where his defense held them to 9 points. The Seahawks scored 3 points in that game. I mean if we're only using one game to make our judgments... Or we can go with the 6-6 tie against Arizona. Or when they only scored 5 against Tampa Baby. Or 10 against Green Bay. This is all just from 2016.

Russell Wilson lost a game last year against the Rams where his defense held them to 9 points. The Seahawks scored 3 points in that game. I mean if we're only using one game to make our judgments... Or we can go with the 6-6 tie against Arizona. Or when they only scored 5 against Tampa Baby. Or 10 against Green Bay. This is all just from 2016.

What?

No. Ravens game.

Great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if we've learned anything from TBD the QB is ALL that matters in the outcome. If you put up 31 points and 600 yards of offense and lose, it's on the QB. RW SUCKS in the TBD world.

Game winning drive stat don't lie

Easy for a game winning drive when your defense holds other teams to under ten points. Wilson down 9-6 in 4th Miami and throws Td with a few mins to go and he's a hero! No his defense was the hero all game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not pointing to anybody in any one game. I'm just saying the stat doesn't lie.

It was a very specific 31 point, 600 yard effort that I referenced.

If that stat doesn't lie what can we say about Russell Wilson in 2016? So you are definitely in the camp of not trading Tyrod and 2 1sts for Wilson (in the hypothetical situation).

Easy for a game winning drive when your defense holds other teams to under ten points. Wilson down 9-6 in 4th Miami and throws Td with a few mins to go and he's a hero! No his defense was the hero all game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't we see that in Tenneessee?

It was a very specific 31 point, 600 yard effort that I referenced.

If that stat doesn't lie what can we say about Russell Wilson in 2016? So you are definitely in the camp of not trading Tyrod and 2 1sts for Wilson (in the hypothetical situation).

Wilson had 4 fourth quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives in 2016. Tyrod had 1 and 1. Definitely in the camp for trading TT and 2 1sts for Wilson.

Didn't we see that in Tenneessee?

Wilson had 4 fourth quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives in 2016. Tyrod had 1 and 1. Definitely in the camp for trading TT and 2 1sts for Wilson.

Then how do you explain 12 points or less 5 times? It feels like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Kirby, As with you I have not read the whole thread but you pose an intriguing question. The answer is absolutely! Why wouldn't we do it? Many people are claiming and encouraging that the Bills use their two first round picks next year to be in position to get a good prospect. Why not get a qb who is not only a legitimate franchise qb but one who who is already a border-line all pro? There is no compelling reason to keep TT because (in my view and not yours) the team desires to upgrade the position.

If you want to immediately energize this slumbering franchise getting a better than good qb like Russell would certainly make an impact. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a well-rounded offense instead of a stunted offense? Wouldn't it be exciting to have a qb that can maximize the talents of the receivers, especially Watkins and Clay, instead of extravagantly spending on players in the hope that it would buttress the limited qb?

Your question is simple and the answer is simple. The Bills have not had a franchise qb for almost a quarter century. The answer is obviously yes.

Then how do you explain 12 points or less 5 times? It feels like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Wilson doesn't have a top 3 RB in the NFL, for starters.

In all seriousness, this is a waste of a debate. Does Wilson get help from the team around him? Sure. Is it more than TT? Debateable, but doesn't matter. You and I both know if Wilson and TT were on the same team, Wilson would win more games. It's just that simple. The rest is an attempt to pick at straws, again, to defend our boy.

It's tough when your qb gets a $20m raise AND most of your defense gets big raises

Wilson doesn't have a top 3 RB in the NFL, for starters.

In all seriousness, this is a waste of a debate. Does Wilson get help from the team around him? Sure. Is it more than TT? Debateable, but doesn't matter. You and I both know if Wilson and TT were on the same team, Wilson would win more games. It's just that simple. The rest is an attempt to pick at straws, again, to defend our boy.

debateable? please. it's not even close how good that defense is.