i still can't get used to no bbmb......

i am not sure what it is and i'm sure i'll get flamed but could care less. it just seems to me that i could go to the old board and read for hours. there was always new threads and takes. a lot of back and forth and generally good humor.

however, after that midnight shutdown and having to come here, i see the same tired threads that last for weeks and go to 40 pages.

the bills home site has fresher stuff than this and i always immediately used to just click on message boards. this is a tired, stale forum...imo.

there's only so much on billswire...hell, i'm forced to surf bleacher report. i don't know if anyone else feels the same ,but i miss the old message board. this place is a bore. i could log in once a week and see maybe two new threads or have to click on page 40 of something that's old news.

i know it's the offseason, but this just ain't the same.

any other of us labeled lowly refugees feel the same?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am not sure what it is and i'm sure i'll get flamed but could care less. it just seems to me that i could go to the old board and read for hours. there was always new threads and takes. a lot of back and forth and generally good humor.

however, after that midnight shutdown and having to come here, i see the same tired threads that last for weeks and go to 40 pages.

the bills home site has fresher stuff than this and i always immediately used to just click on message boards. this is a tired, stale forum...imo.

there's only so much on billswire...hell, i'm forced to surf bleacher report. i don't know if anyone else feels the same ,but i miss the old message board. this place is a bore. i could log in once a week and see maybe two new threads or have to click on page 40 of something that's old news.

I feel for your loss. I honestly do. Sincerely!

But if you don't like it, just go way. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it was better here before your crash. Some FINE additions, but plenty of garbage at the same time.

I guess it's just perspective. As someone that has been on this board for years it's been difficult reading many of the incessant threads from former bbmbers detailing every inane and repetitive thought that enters their overworked brains.

As Augie said, there are some fine additions, but you've got to spit out a lot of seeds to get to that sweet fruit.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

You could always start your own Bills forum. And the correct term is "COULDN'T care less." If you could care less it implies that you care.

Thank you! A pet peeve of mine, but so common I hate to bring it up every time.

But if you don't like it, just go way. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it was better here before your crash. Some FINE additions, but plenty of garbage at the same time.

This made me lol

I have been almost making this thread for 2 weeks but didn't want to be rude. I truly appreciate that there was another option and I appreciate the hospitality...but it's not the same. The Bills had no need to take that site down. They could have just left it and put the members in charge of doing the upkeep monitoring. It makes me sick that they took it away. I don't know how to even explain it, but I somehow feel like less of a fan without it. We were so plugged in to everything that was going on. I never went an hour without checking it. Now I feel so disconnected. The old members should just create it again the same just minus the Bills site affiliation. This place is close and in it's defense it is the offseason, but home is home. I have felt like it would be out of place to make this thread, but I'm glad someone else did.

i see it so often, I thought it was one of those TBDisms, like "disirregardless" and "for all intensive purposes"

"Disirregardless" deserves a hit team sent to your home. And I don't think of myself as picky.... Gotta thin the herd at some point.

Edited by Augie

As others have said, it's the offseason and the team was on the losing end of the talent exchange this offseason with no splashes and some boring new hires.

Nothing to talk about until hamstrings and ACL's start popping in July.

I miss it too, but I'm not sure I'd have as much fun with it anymore. Without Rex & his family yucking it up on the sidelines + Whaley playing fantasy GM & trying to will EJ to be a franchise QB, I'm out of things to B word about. My current stance is that we're finally on the right track & will make the playoffs in 2018, but that doesn't inspire very spirited discussion. But whatever. Let's see what happens come training camp. I think the bbmb sucked this time of year, anyway.

I guess it's just perspective. As someone that has been on this board for years it's been difficult reading many of the incessant threads from former bbmbers detailing every inane and repetitive thought that enters their overworked brains.

As Augie said, there are some fine additions, but you've got to spit out a lot of seeds to get to that sweet fruit.

"Get that sweet fruit" is going to be my new call to arms against lousy, repetitive threads

As others have said, it's the offseason and the team was on the losing end of the talent exchange this offseason with no splashes and some boring new hires.

i mean, new coach, fired the GM, fired all the scouts, hired a new GM and some front office personnel, had the draft with a lot of trades, restructured a QB, coach won't commit to a starter at QB, Sammy's 5th year...there has been a ton to talk about. It's just not a place where people go hard after every thought. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong. Just saying it's not the same. This is a much more laid back place, which is probably a good thing most of the time. But let's not act like the offseason has been uneventful.

Only because you posted that! We know who to blame!!!

:)

What news do you find isn't being broken here?

I'll agree that sometimes the 80 page mega merged threads get too wide in content so breaking updates get a bit buried... but there's really not THAT much to start threads about today, so it's a pretty limited complaint

Great, now we're going to have to bubble wrap Reggie.

I feel the same way. I really feel for these BBMB jokers, but all of these refugees has made this board worse. I figure the herd will thin over time.

Plus, the offseason is always a drag.

so....if the members from BB came here, where are the great thread starters with the great topics that just seem so free, fresh and exciting?

Wouldn't these members have the same great conversations here?

What news do you find isn't being broken here?

I'll agree that sometimes the 80 page mega merged threads get too wide in content so breaking updates get a bit buried... but there's really not THAT much to start threads about today, so it's a pretty limited complaint

Aside from game threads, very few get over 20 pages and most of those just devolve into a small handful of posters going back and forth over something unrelated. Most topics have a reasonable shelf life before falling off.

To me that's one of the things TSW does best; allows the right # of new threads while having little tolerance for the ego-boosting needs of juveniles who start yet another thread on who 'controls the 53' or whatever.

assimilate yourself, man

there ahave been plenty of new threads recently and they're all about feelings etc

we make it better by talking football, not feelings. those are for off the wall. we address football here

its the offseason. don't expect a high regard knowledge to be presented

there isn't much to go off with a new coach etc

so if its that bad, leave. bbmb will ruin this board if it doesn't get better soon. so be the change you want o see

i see it so often, I thought it was one of those TBDisms, like "disirregardless" and "for all intensive purposes"

self of steam

matters of fax

"Disirregardless" deserves a hit team sent to your home. And I don't think of myself as picky.... Gotta thin the heard at some point.

disirragrdless of your bull ****, i made the word and will keep using the word.

"Disirregardless" deserves a hit team sent to your home. And I don't think of myself as picky.... Gotta thin the heard at some point.

oh and it's herd. so dont' care stones. hahaha

i mean, new coach, fired the GM, fired all the scouts, hired a new GM and some front office personnel, had the draft with a lot of trades, restructured a QB, coach won't commit to a starter at QB, Sammy's 5th year...there has been a ton to talk about. It's just not a place where people go hard after every thought. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong. Just saying it's not the same. This is a much more laid back place, which is probably a good thing most of the time. But let's not act like the offseason has been uneventful.

The events just haven't been anything to get excited about.

The new coach has a history as nothing more than a decent coordinator.......once fired, once made to and lost a Super Bowl.......that's the highlight of the offseason.

Anyone getting fired up about the GM and his hires is just manufacturing enthusiasm.........these are complete unknowns that make the Whaley hiring by Buddy look like a big splash.

This isn't the Patriots hiring Bill Parcells in an attempt to escape the oppression of the then dominant Buffalo Bills.........this is just another shot in the dark in a series of mostly such hires in the past 17 years.

It's all wait and see with no track record of success to support discussion.........that's fine if it works.......but it isn't interesting to talk about right now.

As for personnel........the Bills came out of a deep draft with a shallow pool of picks and all seemingly low ceiling "need" picks facilitated mostly by free agent losses.

Free agency was a net loss.

Boring.

That sums it up.

Aside from game threads, very few get over 20 pages and most of those just devolve into a small handful of posters going back and forth over something unrelated. Most topics have a reasonable shelf life before falling off.

To me that's one of the things TSW does best; allows the right # of new threads while having little tolerance for the ego-boosting needs of juveniles who start yet another thread on who 'controls the 53' or whatever.

It's often good, I agree.... but when it has devolved into that early in a slow breaking story and then updates trickle out over a few days I'd sometimes prefer just a fresh thread instead of looking for the update on page 37. Or occasionally what feels like a fresh story will get merged into one tangentially related.... generally not a big problem but figured I'd acknowledge it as an occasional thing

The new coach has a history as nothing more than a decent coordinator.......once fired, once made to and lost a Super Bowl.......that's the highlight of the offseason.

Anyone getting fired up about the GM and his hires is just manufacturing enthusiasm.........these are complete unknowns that make the Whaley hiring by Buddy look like a big splash.

This isn't the Patriots hiring Bill Parcells in an attempt to escape the oppression of the then dominant Buffalo Bills.........this is just another shot in the dark in a series of mostly such hires in the past 17 years.

It's all wait and see with no track record of success to support discussion.........that's fine if it works.......but it isn't interesting to talk about right now.

As for personnel........the Bills came out of a deep draft with a shallow pool of picks and all seemingly low ceiling "need" picks facilitated mostly by free agent losses.

Boring.

That sums it up.

Gee, thanks. And here I was ready to get excited for the season.

6-10 :bag:

It's often good, I agree.... but when it has devolved into that early in a slow breaking story and then updates trickle out over a few days I'd sometimes prefer just a fresh thread instead of looking for the update on page 37. Or occasionally what feels like a fresh story will get merged into one tangentially related.... generally not a big problem but figured I'd acknowledge it as an occasional thing

Yup, I agree with that. Not always perfect judgement but I prefer erring on the side we do.

But I do think most of the complaints about thread merges/closing are from pure LAMPers.

Edited by KD in CA

Boring.

That sums it up.

That's about where I sit at this point.

Fingers crossed but not terribly excited