i still can't get used to no bbmb......

BBMB was an unreadable mess. It had a terrible format, poor moderation, and poor levels of discourse. But if you have some extra bucks, apparently there's a market for an inane message board filled with topics like "Who controls the 53 part nine" and "I'm so done with this team part 57." One of you broken hearted entrepreneurs should start up the new BBMB and have your own place for thought-provoking dialogue of how much you REALLY think Russ Brandon should be fired.

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll never forgive OBD for taking away the BBMB. It was my go to place on the internet. Although it will never have quite the depth and range I think 2BD is the best alternative.

I have an account at Billievers and did not like it at all.

Are people really complaining about the content of a fan forum? It's a forum...you are in charge of your own content. Bring some hot topics and we will participate. Same as always

there is little difference between what goes on here and what went on there with the exception of what liberties one takes.

People in general tend to get personal, bicker back and forth when their opinions are shot down.

Another difference I can also call Rob a fat slob who needs a haircut and not get an infraction.

BBMB was an unreadable mess. It had a terrible format, poor moderation, and poor levels of discourse. But if you have some extra bucks, apparently there's a market for an inane message board filled with topics like "Who controls the 53 part nine" and "I'm so done with this team part 57." One of you broken hearted entrepreneurs should start up the new BBMB and have your own place for thought-provoking dialogue of how much you REALLY think Russ Brandon should be fired.

funny this. IMO That discourse is why many of the arguments continue.

there is little difference between what goes on here and what went on there with the exception of what liberties one takes.

People in general tend to get personal, bicker back and forth when their opinions are shot down.

Another difference I can also call Rob a fat slob who needs a haircut and not get an infraction.

You will get warnings here too if it gets too personal. For example, I have a warning from 2013 because I posted in a Geno Smith thread after he had a bad game and said "where are all of the Geno lovers now? He's terrible." I was cited for inappropriate language for using the term "Geno lovers." I thought I was just stating the obvious. So apparently I've been right on the cusp of getting suspended for the past 4 years! So Cardale lovers you are safe. I can't say anything to you for fear of retribution

i am not sure what it is and i'm sure i'll get flamed but could care less. it just seems to me that i could go to the old board and read for hours. there was always new threads and takes. a lot of back and forth and generally good humor.

however, after that midnight shutdown and having to come here, i see the same tired threads that last for weeks and go to 40 pages.

the bills home site has fresher stuff than this and i always immediately used to just click on message boards. this is a tired, stale forum...imo.

there's only so much on billswire...hell, i'm forced to surf bleacher report. i don't know if anyone else feels the same ,but i miss the old message board. this place is a bore. i could log in once a week and see maybe two new threads or have to click on page 40 of something that's old news.

i know it's the offseason, but this just ain't the same.

any other of us labeled lowly refugees feel the same?

Who doesn't miss it? The quality of this board has and is suffering from it's demise.

You will get warnings here too if it gets too personal. For example, I have a warning from 2013 because I posted in a Geno Smith thread after he had a bad game and said "where are all of the Geno lovers now? He's terrible." I was cited for inappropriate language for using the term "Geno lovers." I thought I was just stating the obvious. So apparently I've been right on the cusp of getting suspended for the past 4 years! So Cardale lovers you are safe. I can't say anything to you for fear of retribution

I had warning points too but have done my penance....but if this thread and bbmb is mentioned again I am likely to earn another warning

The events just haven't been anything to get excited about.

The new coach has a history as nothing more than a decent coordinator.......once fired, once made to and lost a Super Bowl.......that's the highlight of the offseason.

Anyone getting fired up about the GM and his hires is just manufacturing enthusiasm.........these are complete unknowns that make the Whaley hiring by Buddy look like a big splash.

This isn't the Patriots hiring Bill Parcells in an attempt to escape the oppression of the then dominant Buffalo Bills.........this is just another shot in the dark in a series of mostly such hires in the past 17 years.

It's all wait and see with no track record of success to support discussion.........that's fine if it works.......but it isn't interesting to talk about right now.

As for personnel........the Bills came out of a deep draft with a shallow pool of picks and all seemingly low ceiling "need" picks facilitated mostly by free agent losses.

Free agency was a net loss.

Boring.

That sums it up.

BBMB refugee here, too (since 2002) ... and I totally agree. This off-season has been nothing but deja vue all over again or another rerun of "Ground Hog Day", so what's exciting about it?

I feel for your loss. I honestly do. Sincerely!

But if you don't like it, just go way. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it was better here before your crash. Some FINE additions, but plenty of garbage at the same time.

Well said.

so....if the members from BB came here, where are the great thread starters with the great topics that just seem so free, fresh and exciting?

Wouldn't these members have the same great conversations here?

I know, right

Guest NeckBeard

If I was to write a Merriam-Webster definition for "Billsy", I am certain that the organization removing its own official message board would be one of the bullet points. Still, that message board had long passed its usefulness. It was cluttered. It was hard to read. The same people kept saying the same things over and over and over (and over), talking past one another, and doing the same exact thing across different threads. Moderation was spotty/inconsistent. If I owned the Bills, and took one look at that steamer, I would have shut it down too.

Maybe some entrepreneur has the cash to stand up a new message board, just so some can have it be "like it was in the old days". But I am not that entrepreneur, and I pray that nobody has the (non)sense to try such a thing. The costs of hosting such a thing in AWS or Azure will ruin you.

One thing that does stick out, and this is just an observation, is that many of the most irritating people on the BBMB are very quiet here. Maybe it's because TBD is a better board, by a wide margin, and that TBD doesn't enable / reinforce the bad behavior of some.

Having written all that, hopefully my average of 1.6 posts / day (or something like that) isn't ruining TBD. :-)

i am not sure what it is and i'm sure i'll get flamed but could care less. it just seems to me that i could go to the old board and read for hours. there was always new threads and takes. a lot of back and forth and generally good humor.

however, after that midnight shutdown and having to come here, i see the same tired threads that last for weeks and go to 40 pages.

the bills home site has fresher stuff than this and i always immediately used to just click on message boards. this is a tired, stale forum...imo.

there's only so much on billswire...hell, i'm forced to surf bleacher report. i don't know if anyone else feels the same ,but i miss the old message board. this place is a bore. i could log in once a week and see maybe two new threads or have to click on page 40 of something that's old news.

i know it's the offseason, but this just ain't the same.

any other of us labeled lowly refugees feel the same?

I feel the same way, but hats off to TwoBillsDrive and this message board as even though it's not the same old BBMB that I was used to it's the best choice available of all the options I've tried.