worst sports city

....exactly.....seems to me the Bills and Sabres routinely play to a full house......despite a combined 23 year playoff drought......media yap..............

and lead the NHL in ratings...regardless of if it's the Sabres' playing or not...

Edited by matter2003

and lead the NHL in ratings...regardless of if it's the Sabres' playing or not...

...and Pegula peed away nearly $1.7 BILLION for two sports franchises so he can keep them as bottom feeders, looking for recognition as "#2 worst sports city"......urinalism at its finest.........today's norm though...and Terry certainly has his "fan club (COUGH)" here as well.....go figure that too.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...and Pegula peed away nearly $1.7 BILLION for two sports franchises so he can keep them as bottom feeders, looking for recognition as "#2 worst sports city"......urinalism at its finest.........today's norm though...and Terry certainly has his "fan club (COUGH)" here as well.....go figure that too.........

Right...someone who is competetive enough to earn billions of dollars is intentionally keeping the teams as bottom feeders. Makes even more sense they would go through this many coaches and GM's while still owing several years on the contracts...all so they pay millions of dollars to cocahes and GM's who aren't with them anymore so they can find someone who can make the teams worse...

Brilliant thoughts...must be hard being such a genius...

listening to espn pensacola. bills ranked number 2. san diego number one. makes me sad. is thirstys in pittsford still open?

Clearly coming from pensacola they are just trying to make themselves feel better. They have no fans down there.

They don't really know about "sports cities", but we don't win games and it's "cold" up here so they put us near the top.

Anyhow... Who cares?

Man, you have put forth some good posts. This is not one of them, "so he can keep them as bottom feeders" lol, not even the most disillusioned fan believes that.

Right...someone who is competetive enough to earn billions of dollars is intentionally keeping the teams as bottom feeders. Makes even more sense they would go through this many coaches and GM's while still owing several years on the contracts...all so they pay millions of dollars to cocahes and GM's who aren't with them anymore so they can find someone who can make the teams worse...

Brilliant thoughts...must be hard being such a genius...

....ignorance is bliss and you're nominated....there certainly is NO learning curve in running a sports franchise?.....Jones since 1989 and Snyder since 1999?....JJ saved Jones' azz.......have your dog take you for a walk...............

I think they are talking about wins and playoffs, not support and attendance and Buffalo and San Diego are the top major cities for team futility as of recent. I think there ESPN magazine had an article on this too. Cleveland would be tops but the Cavs championship helped them.

A small city compared to most others and we have two professional sports teams.

One of them being in the biggest sport in the entire US.

There are much larger cities that have one basketball team and we're considered one of the worst?

Joke if I ever heard one. Not very funny, but a joke none the less.

bigger cities than buff w only 1 franchise..-sacramento,orlando,san antonio,portland,san diego,(OKC and memphis-slightly bigger)

smallest 4 team city--minneapolis -st. paul

largest 2 team city--seattle...(SF technically--but sharks in their metro area)

smallest 2 team cities--virtual tie betw NO and BUFF

largest 3 team city--Houston

smallest 3 team cities--cleveland,pitt,tampa,milwaukee virtual tie

....ignorance is bliss and you're nominated....there certainly is NO learning curve in running a sports franchise?.....Jones since 1989 and Snyder since 1999?....JJ saved Jones' azz.......have your dog take you for a walk...............

Why don't you take yourself for a walk...a long one off a short pier into Lake Erie

I guess if it's the franchises, then yeah, on-field record wise, we're not good.

But as far as the fans, and being into it in general. no way are we the worst.

It would be interesting to see what our attendance is compared to winning percentage over say the last 10 years.

Not to mention our TV market is usually one of the best for NHL. Yeah, NHL is discounted on a nat'l level, but people here are certainly supporting pro sports.

Okay...is this simply based on number of sports teams?

If you wanna talk fairweather fans, then come on down to Phoenix.

Seems like it's based on championship futility. Bills are 0-6 in championship rounds in the modern era and have won nothing since 1965. SD has never won a championship of any kind.

Or maybe it's based on which fan base has the thinnest skin.

Some of us Buffalo people/Bills fans are just too thin skinned. I've never seen such an easily insulted bunch at times. Does anyone in the rest of the country give a rats rear what the media epicenter known as Pensacola has to say?

It's almost like there's a topic on a message board and people are expressing their thoughts and opinions about said topic and absolutely nothing more.

What's weirder, people opening a thread to respond to the topic or people taking time out of their day to respond about people responding about topics?

I mean if you really don't care why even open the thread?

It's almost like there's a topic on a message board and people are expressing their thoughts and opinions about said topic and absolutely nothing more.

What's weirder, people opening a thread to respond to the topic or people taking time out of their day to respond about people responding about topics?

I mean if you really don't care why even open the thread?

I opened the thread because I thought you all were talking about Boston. I didn't know I didn't care until I opened the thread. You say that everyone is just commenting because that's what you do on a message board. That's exactly what I did too. I said I don't understand why people care. How about that for philosophy Socrates? Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I opened the thread because I thought you all were talking about Boston. I didn't know I didn't care until I opened the thread. You say that everyone is just commenting because that's what you do on a message board. That's exactly what I did too. I said I don't understand why people care. How about that for philosophy Socrates?

Just seems like something that someone who cares would do.

You're like a care bear, your only crime is caring too much.

listening to espn pensacola. bills ranked number 2. san diego number one. makes me sad. is thirstys in pittsford still open?

Tampa Bay Rays couldn't even sell out playoff games. lol