I want one clear answer on Friday

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny but I feel just the opposite. I don't really care who has final say. It doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just put a good product on the field. Don't care if it is McD, Beane or they arm wrestle over it on each decision. As long as they work well together and get the job done, I'm good. The rest can stay between them.

unfortunately, America has turned into the blame game. Everyone wants to know who controls the roster so if it goes south they have something and someone to write about. It's exhausting.

So that will help you sleep at night? Why the eff are people so concerned with this?

The !@#$ing hot dog vender can pick the final 53 as long as they are winning and putting a quality product on the field.

Moreover, they can tell you what ever they want. Doesn't mean that's what they will adhear to behind closed doors.

This. Why the eff would you care about this? They will do whatever they think will be best for the Bills. They deserve a chance to do it their way, period.

unfortunately, America has turned into the blame game. Everyone wants to know who controls the roster so if it goes south they have something and someone to write about. It's exhausting.

Hell, they won't wait till it goes south. They want to know who to blame right now.

Who has control of the 53 man roster? Obviously they will work together but they will not agree on every player. Carucci said, McDermott will have final say and Rapoport, said it will be Beane.

I don't care if you say they will take turns when they are in disagreement. Bills fans deserve to know. In any business there is a person that has final say on certain things. Stop trying to play Bills fans for fools. We deserve better.

When you go to a restaurant, do you really care who has final say over the staff? Or is the product and experience you're getting the truly important thing?

When you go to a restaurant, do you really care who has final say over the staff? Or is the product and experience you're getting the truly important thing?

But, don't you need to know who picked that particular shallot that went into your sauce? Don't you have a right to know?

:)

Look, you can take it down to the regional scout level if you want, but we will ultimately judge things on the W/L record and the trends we see on the field.

Edited by Augie

The clear answer today and going forward is: Dennison chooses 11 starters and 11 backups or fill ins (only 2 maybe 3 can be o-line). Frazier/McD picks 11 to start on d with 6 rotational players and 2 reserves. Crossman gets a punter, kicker, long snapper and two others of his choice. Crossman and the OC or DC may have to come an agreement for the betterment of the team on a player or two. Each coordinator reports to McD the value of the other players who need to be protected by THE 53. McD brings his info and opinions to the GM. Agent Beane executes!

I don't know why some think this is such an important issue. I think that it is MUCH better for the members of an organization to work together collaboratively than to have a strict hierarchy where one person makes "final calls". It should be very rare where Beane and McDermott, who seem to have a shared vision, can't come to an agreement after discussion.

Yes, it certainly is tiresome. Who has final say isn't an issue that keeps me up at night, but for sure it will be something that gets a lot of attention at the press conference.

The Bills don't owe us insight into who makes what decisions. It's irrelevant. What's the obsession with this? All they owe us a winning product.

Who has control of the 53 man roster? Obviously they will work together but they will not agree on every player. Carucci said, McDermott will have final say and Rapoport, said it will be Beane.

I don't care if you say they will take turns when they are in disagreement. Bills fans deserve to know. In any business there is a person that has final say on certain things. Stop trying to play Bills fans for fools. We deserve better.

posting before reading the entire thread.

Per Buffalo News VicC - Beane will control the 53 man roster, McDermott has the final say.

Beane to control Bills' 53-man roster, but McDermott will have final say

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

so far so good with McD

Bills win draft among AFC East teams with 2018 first-round pick

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/83564/bills-win-the-draft-among-afc-east-teams-with-2018-first-round-pick

press: who has final say ?

Beane: I control the 53. it will be collaborative

press: but who has final say ??

McD: one voice, it will be collaborative

press: but what if you disagree ???

Pegula: it"s gonna be a collaborative group effort. Just like everything else, just like most businesses do in their life. If someone feels more strongly, then maybe we lean in that direction.”

bills: we already answered that

bills: next question

bills PR: ok, we will take one more question

bills: thank you all for coming

posting before reading the entire thread.

Per Buffalo News VicC - Beane will control the 53 man roster, McDermott has the final say.

Beane to control Bills' 53-man roster, but McDermott will have final say

So basically not only the same as it's been, but the same as every other HC/GM relationship in the NFL.

The GM is responsible for acquiring talent, and the coach can cut players that he wants to cut.

Earth-shattering news.

Do other fanbases struggle to under stand the HC/GM relationship? I feel like Bills fans are just looking for drama at this point.

Bingo. And if they badger Terry or whomever at the presser I'd tell them to read their colleague's column.