I want one clear answer on Friday

So basically not only the same as it's been, but the same as every other HC/GM relationship in the NFL.

The GM is responsible for acquiring talent, and the coach can cut players that he wants to cut.

Earth-shattering news.

But Bandit, you insisted that Doug Whaley was in charge of the 53 and therefore had power. I think fans have every right to ask who is in charge.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Bandit, you insisted that Doug Whaley was in charge of the 53 and therefore had power. I think fans have every right to ask who is in charge.

He did

And it wasn't I that insisted; it was ALL of the owner, GM & coach

And FWIW, Leroi said the same

Edited by thebandit27

As long as this works well for the long term and we start winning, I don't care who is in charge.

I just don't get why guys on here go nuts when I ask that question. I'm glad another fan wants to know, and I'm sure most do.

I don't think it's the question per se, I think it's more the tone of entitlement ("we deserve"..."I want one clear answer")

I asked "why is it so important to you to hear what they say?" because

1) there's been a history the last few years that what the Bills representatives say to the press, and what happens, are not the same thing. So I personally, am far more interested in watching how things play out

2) there's also been a history in the press, of not believing what Bills representatives say to the press and writing their own narrative (example: the Tyrod Taylor benching and surgery), even when what happens matches exactly what was said. So I personally, have a sense of skepticism about what is reported and how it's couched, and feel it needs to be scrutinized carefully for what was actually said and what is reporter narrative

Basically, with the Bills at this point, I'm kind of "I don't care what you say, you have to show me". McWrestler and Mr Beane are joined at the hip now. Either they succeed as a team or they fail as a team. I don't care which of them makes the final call, either they make good calls and the team improves, or bad calls and the team flounders and they're gone in 2-3 years.

So I ask again: why is it so important to you to hear what they say?

Who has control of the 53 man roster? Obviously they will work together but they will not agree on every player. Carucci said, McDermott will have final say and Rapoport, said it will be Beane.

I don't care if you say they will take turns when they are in disagreement. Bills fans deserve to know. In any business there is a person that has final say on certain things. Stop trying to play Bills fans for fools. We deserve better.

Technically we don't deserve to be told anything, but here are the ticket prices and here are game times. That said, McDermott is in charge, this is obvious. Beane will construct the 53 man roster to fit the systems McDermott is running. Which is how it should be.

Because some fans and media think press conferences actually matter. Personally, I'd like if they went up there and told the media they suck and weren't not talking to you.

Exactly! I wish they would say, "We will let you know what we want you to know, have a nice day" And walk off. They need to focus on putting a winning team together, not placating fans and media. We win football games, the fan aspect takes care of its self

So you can disagree with it.

If he comes in and says his plan is to acquire a franchise QB and load up the team with talent draft after draft I will cheer and be a fan.

Let me ask you, this works both ways. Is there anything he could say that would bother you?

If he comes in and says his plan is to acquire a franchise QB and load up the team with talent draft after draft I will cheer and be a fan.

Let me ask you, this works both ways. Is there anything he could say that would bother you?

I was bothered by him saying he and Whaley worked so close together, then Whaley was gone days later. I thought that was disingenuous and said so at the time.

Once McDermott was hired, it didnt matter who had control of the 53 because that doesnt matter until games...soooo....

I was told that Whaley and Sean were working great together and collaborating. Which I thought was total BS. I was right.

I dont want my GM to come in and undermine the current guys on the team (publicly). Coming in and saying "I'm gonna go get us a franchise QB" is a terrible message to TT (even though he may deserve it).

Cliches are fine with me in pressers, they are BS league requirements most of the time. He should say "were going to build a winner here from the ground up" and thats it...

SHOW US, dont talk at us, showing us is what matters

I was told that Whaley and Sean were working great together and collaborating. Which I thought was total BS. I was right.

Why couldnt they have been working together and collaborating, with both knowing that Whaley was gone after the draft? That is not possible in your eyes?

I dont want my GM to come in and undermine the current guys on the team (publicly). Coming in and saying "I'm gonna go get us a franchise QB" is a terrible message to TT (even though he may deserve it).

Cliches are fine with me in pressers, they are BS league requirements most of the time. He should say "were going to build a winner here from the ground up" and thats it...

SHOW US, dont talk at us, showing us is what matters

Why couldnt they have been working together and collaborating, with both knowing that Whaley was gone after the draft? That is not possible in your eyes?

There was no collaboration. Whaley's viewpoints were ignored. I do give Doug credit for being a good soldier and helping out the guy who got rid of him until the end.

There was no collaboration. Whaley's viewpoints were ignored. I do give Doug credit for being a good soldier and helping out the guy who got rid of him until the end.

you have no idea about that whatsoever, but I do agree about Doug being a good soldier....however, its needed in such a small knit business. If Doug acts like an ass he doesnt get hired again.

Edited by PaattMaann

These kind of declarative statements are ridiculous. You have no way to know this.