I want one clear answer on Friday

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how the McD + Beane tandem will turn out and I pray to God this is finally the answer. I think it's very possible the team could be on the verge of figuring this whole mess out and turning the culture into a winning one, but I'm also reserving my right to withhold any optimism until they show signs of a winning consistently. Too many times I've been burned by this team to just sit by and accept every single thing they do as a positive move.

So, with all that...it blows my mind how snarky some of the answers here are. I'm a die-hard fan just like all of you, but I cannot understand how many people continually defend this franchise, decision-after-decision, after 17 brutal, playoff-less seasons.

The OP wants accountability? Heck yeah - so do I. Asking him why he "deserves" it, is pathetic.

He's in the Box o' Shout right now:

@ Leroi : (11 May 2017 - 03:25 PM)Whaley ran the draft; he worked the trades, made the selections. Of course, TBG had a say on who was drafted. But Whaley was the lead. photo-thumb-11693.jpg?_r=0

@ Leroi : (11 May 2017 - 03:26 PM)Dawkins was TBG's influence

Yes, Whaley sat in the GM chair and did his job. McDermott had final call on every pick and trade.

What is funny to me is Pegula saying Whaley ran the draft. Can Terry start taking responsibility and telling the truth? Give Sean the credit.

Yes, Whaley sat in the GM chair and did his job. McDermott had final call on every pick and trade.

What is funny to me is Pegula saying Whaley ran the draft. Can Terry start taking responsibility and telling the truth? Give Sean the credit.

Which are you saying: Did Whaley make the picks or McDermott?

He might not be the best inside source, but he's OUR inside source.

He's quite cheeky indeed...but his info has been rock solid this entire offseason.

Which are you saying: Did Whaley make the picks or McDermott?

He's quite cheeky indeed...but his info has been rock solid this entire offseason.

If Doug Whaley told me over a beer that he made the picks I wouldn't believe him. It defies all known rules of human power and organization.

Terry Pegula certainly wants to muddy the water? Why? If Sean is such a great GM give him his credit.

If Doug Whaley told me over a beer that he made the picks I wouldn't believe him. It defies all known rules of human power and organization.

Terry Pegula certainly wants to muddy the water? Why? If Sean is such a great GM give him his credit.

Okay, I'm out of this one--you're no longer making sense.

Terry Pegula stated Whaley ran the draft.

And Leroi is saying the same thing...you clearly believe that both people are lying, and I have no intention of arguing with something that can't be proven.

We can either take the word of the guy whose info has been spot-on all offseason, or we can ignore it.

I have no idea how the McD + Beane tandem will turn out and I pray to God this is finally the answer. I think it's very possible the team could be on the verge of figuring this whole mess out and turning the culture into a winning one, but I'm also reserving my right to withhold any optimism until they show signs of a winning consistently. Too many times I've been burned by this team to just sit by and accept every single thing they do as a positive move.

So, with all that...it blows my mind how snarky some of the answers here are. I'm a die-hard fan just like all of you, but I cannot understand how many people continually defend this franchise, decision-after-decision, after 17 brutal, playoff-less seasons.

The OP wants accountability? Heck yeah - so do I. Asking him why he "deserves" it, is pathetic.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

I mean, it's not a bad question to ask, but it seems pretty clear the team has no interest in offering up an individual for outsiders to hold accountable. If you can't live with that, then you should exert the pressure that you can on the team - but I don't thinking bitching on a fan site amounts to anything.

And Leroi is saying the same thing...you clearly believe that both people are lying, and I have no intention of arguing with something that can't be proven.

We can either take the word of the guy whose info has been spot-on all offseason, or we can ignore it.

Ignoring is a good idea, but not Leroi. Someone has their own personal version of how it went down, and it's contrary to all the information at hand.

"Wants" and "deserves" are 2 very different things.

Ignoring is a good idea, but not Leroi. Someone has their own personal version of how it went down, and it's contrary to all the information at hand.

I am not going to bother citing all the evidence that Sean was in charge. It's enormous and vast.

And it really is common sense. Why would a team let a guy they told they were firing pick players?

That scenario is ALMOST as a crazy as what actually happened where the Panthers D coordinator was picking players from scouts he said had to go.

But, don't you need to know who picked that particular shallot that went into your sauce? Don't you have a right to know?

:)

Look, you can take it down to the regional scout level if you want, but we will ultimately judge things on the W/L record and the trends we see on the field.

wtf is a shallot anyway

Ok back to the thread