I want one clear answer on Friday

The answer you want is very simple, and anyone who works in any organization can tell you. Ultimately it's the owner. But it should not get to that, because when you hire you get people you know can work collaboratively.

I work for a big hospital network. We work collaboratively. We hire people who work like that. I have decision making authority for what I direct and get input from all who work for me. I report to the Physician VP, and if we disagree we work it out. But ultimately it is always the CEO that has the absolute final call. And if I screw up enough or fail to show I can work collaboratively I'll be out on the sidewalk.

On player personnel it is not the owner (except for Jerry Jones). Every other team tell their fans who has final say on 53.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/page/32for32x160417/nfl-draft-2016-ultimate-decision-maker-all-32-teams-general-manager-coach-both

Great list, but you realize that over half of the teams basically say it is a group decision. Not all the teams have one man "calling the shots", most don't.

They all said who had final say. Except maybe a couple.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you concerned about anything with the Bills then? You shouldn't be on message boards then.

I'm curious what they would say, but I'm not a headcase about it. I'd NEVER start a thread about it. What matters is what happens on the field. THEN I'll have questions. Are you worried about how early meetings will start? What's for lunch at training camp? I'll let them do their jobs, them judge them on the results. BTW - I was AT those games in our season tickets in the '60's decades before you were born. I'm invested here, this is not casual. Nor is it delusional.

On player personnel it is not the owner (except for Jerry Jones). Every other team tell their fans who has final say on 53.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/page/32for32x160417/nfl-draft-2016-ultimate-decision-maker-all-32-teams-general-manager-coach-both

They all said who had final say. Except maybe a couple.

Right. Sure. I guarantee you any NFL owner can override any decision at any time.

Pegula expects his people to work collaboratively. Many organizations do.

Right. Sure. I guarantee you any NFL owner can override any decision at any time.

Pegula expects his people to work collaboratively. Many organizations do.

Nobody said they were not going to work together...but they are not the same person. They are not going to agree on everything.

All you guys are not concerned

I hope that is the case. No reason on Friday for them not to say t

This article answers your question. Beane has final say on 53 and he wouldn't have interviewed if he didn't and the Panthers wouldn't have let him interview if he didn't.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article149822794.html

Good post

Edited by 3rdand12

He handes over the team to Russ to run, though.

Polian, Butler, Donohue, etc. All had final say. I can tell you that.

The reason the EJ was brought up was that he was drafted right before Nix stepped down as GM (with the plan in place ahead of time for Whaley to take over), so there has been a lot of debate about whether it was Nix or Whaley that had final say on that pick.

You have. Pegula explained he wants them working together. If you don't like that, it's your problem. Not the team's.

Yes, cause McDermott and Beane have the same mind. Lol. People are concerned whether you like it or not and that's your problem. It will be the first question asked on Friday

Nobody said they were not going to work together...but they are not the same person. They are not going to agree on everything.

Then they'll work it out. Or as the article states from the observer Beane does the 53.

Here'/s the thing I suspect is going on here. If Terry said McD has the control you'd want Beane. And vice versa. Why not focus on having two guys that have worked together and have a common purpose.

Yes, cause McDermott and Beane have the same mind. Lol. People are concerned whether you like it or not and that's your problem. It will be the first question asked on Friday

And it will be answered as it already has been answered. -And if you don't like it you'll be free to not buy tickets if it upsets you so much.

Then they'll work it out. Or as the article states from the observer Beane does the 53.

Here'/s the thing I suspect is going on here. If Terry said McD has the control you'd want Beane. And vice versa. Why not focus on having two guys that have worked together and have a common purpose.

And it will be answered as it already has been answered. -And if you don't like it you'll be free to not buy tickets if it upsets you so much.

Yeah. Why would anything upset me about the Bills? You are a guy that just agrees with everything.

Yeah. Why would anything upset me about the Bills? You are a guy that just agrees with everything.

Go back and look at posts before making dumb sweeping generalizations. I have said I don't like McD saying he worked so well with Whaley right before he got canned. Just as one example.

Cause may family has had season tickets since the 60's. I go to every game, buy beer, buy clothing. I'm 29 and never seen a Bills successful team that I can remember. I want to know who to hold responsible.

Cause I want to know how the team I support is run. Like every other fan of any other team.

I personally hope the question is not asked or answered....just to tick you off....:)

What makes you think your special being a season ticket holder?

US

all should speak

Yes but for some more sewage comes out the mouth then others

I personally hope the question is not asked or answered....just to tick you off....:)

What makes you think your special being a season ticket holder?

His family had seasons decades before he was born. He should be in the draft room!