Beane hired as GM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that the Bills are starting over. Starting with YOUNG guys who haven't been a HC or GM before. Young blood. Hungry.

Why all the complaining about McD being in charge? Does the standard FO of the GM picks the players and the Coach sets the line-up really work that well anymore? They SHOULD be working in tandem on the roster and on the same page. That they already know and respect one another is a bonus, imo.

Great hire.

Beane would not come on board if he did not believe in McDermotts vision. And he apparently agreed with in the vision, or he would not have accepted the position.

Exactly. I would rather have a GM and HC who agree on a vision for moving forward rather than a GM who does what he wants and a HC who yells for the GM to "fire him" in front of everyone at training camp. At the very least we are going all-in with someone's vision. That vision will be executed. Whether or not the vision is worth anything will be apparent in the next couple of years. I find it VERY difficult to criticize this hiring unless you just want to complain about inexperience. It's pretty clear this was in the works from the moment McD was hired.

I don't think it's worth it....... :(

might be Beaners vision actually. Sean is just of the same school of thought.

not much chance these cats been learning from each other as they grew??

So you are usually wrong

?

Panthers are a model of inconsistency.

They've never even had back-to-back winning seasons in their existence. :lol::doh:

Where is this new communications guy to keep Pegs from looking like this?

Why didn't he just write this sham statement for him..........it's not like TP had an epiphany and needed to spit it out......they've known this was the guy for months.

Yes, go ahead and define what competing at a high level means to you without getting Pegula's input and then pretend Pegula looks like a fool for saying the Panthers competed at a high level. (All it means is winning seasons apparently.)

The Panthers have won their division 3 out of the last 5 years with Beane there and went to a Super Bowl.

We can only hope we win our division 3 out of the next 5 years.

Edited by What a Tuel

Without sounding overly apathetic, does anyone care? To me this just confirms that McDermott is running the show. This guy has a similar vision but other than that I couldn't be more indifferent.

something to note, coming from you. Whom I have gained a significant respect for.

....he was the obvious choice....but the farcical nature of the Rooney Rule was brought to light again.....should be well beyond the tokenism of the rule and feel bad for folks of color coming in for a dead end interview....