Beane hired as GM

Worst kept secret.

@buffalobillsPR
Brandon Beane becomes the 13th General Manager in @buffalobills franchise history.

Lucky 13? Or cursed.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/138272-surprise-brandon-beane-is-now-the-bills-gm/

dumbasses on the carolina board:

bp.jpg.30a2c3f55969a33cbe9330e14707f02b.

guess that they forgot bill polian, don beebe, pete metzelaars, frank reich... yeah, douchbags.

i hope we destroy that team.

I'm not even bothering to read the Panthers. Tell me, what have they achieved? aside from lucking out on being WORSE than the crappy Bills that year and getting Cam. Other than lucking out on QB, they done JACK. IMO there is nothing that impressive about that franchise aside from the QB.

Edited by CanadianFan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who gets final say - I want a cooperative organization.

I am a little disappointed that they selected the guy with the least scouting background, but if they hire a stellar scouting staff, then I'm not concerned.

he could be operations oriented. It is not the scouting per se . Can he recognise quality scouts, hire them and then manage them to excel?

Different ways to skin a GM i bet.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0653719129089383532-4

Statement from Bills owner Terry Pegula on hiring Tuesday of Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane as Bills GM: "During our search for a new General Manager, Brandon stood out to Kim and I as he embodies the type of leader and type of person we want in our organization. Brandon has excelled in a variety of roles for a Panthers team that has consistently competed at a high-level in this league. We feel his vast understanding and experience in many facets of football operations will be invaluable to our club moving forward. We also believe his vision for the Buffalo Bills combined with his detailed approach will help build a foundation for sustained success. We are pleased to welcome Brandon and his family to Buffalo."

Panthers are a model of inconsistency.

They've never even had back-to-back winning seasons in their existence. :lol::doh:

Where is this new communications guy to keep Pegs from looking like this?

Why didn't he just write this sham statement for him..........it's not like TP had an epiphany and needed to spit it out......they've known this was the guy for months.

I don't care who gets final say - I want a cooperative organization.

I am a little disappointed that they selected the guy with the least scouting background, but if they hire a stellar scouting staff, then I'm not concerned.

I can't imagine that's an option. There are no scouts available.

I keep reading this from the owners:

"with his detailed approach will help build a foundation for sustained success.

Whaley must have been one of the most haphazard, unorganized people. This is twice now I have heard one if the reasons for the recent hirings as being detail oriented.

I am truthfully temendously happy that one of the focuses of the search includes a requirement of being detailed.

Edited by Bill_with_it

That is simply not accurate Mr Pegs....2 SB appearance in 19 years and no trophies to show does not equal " high level ".......We need to set the bar higher than that.

I had the same thought. I just do not feel good about these hires. I hope I am wrong, usually I'm pretty optimistic.

@christrapasso

Whaley's background was in pro scouting & he did well there as #Bills GM. Drafts hurt him. Beane has experience in all area of football ops

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-hire-Brandon-Beane-as-new-GM/3edd8ed1-e1c3-4246-a817-e461bf0a05ab

The most attractive quality that Beane brought to the table was clearly his versatility having worked in just about every football department of the Panthers organization over the past 19 years.

Spending the last nine years as assistant GM and Director of Football Operations, Beane has coordinated all aspects of the Carolina football operation from personnel to scouting, player development, coaching as well as the medical and strength and conditioning staffs.

Working alongside Panthers GM Dave Gettelman, Beane assisted in the evaluation of players at both the pro and college level. He has helped to build the Carolina draft board each of the past six years in addition to directing portions of the club's draft including trade negotiations.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@christrapasso

Whaley's background was in pro scouting & he did well there as #Bills GM. Drafts hurt him. Beane has experience in all area of football ops

The new regime is all about versatility. I don't know if it's the right vision but it's the one they have.

Beane would not come on board if he did not believe in McDermotts vision. And he apparently agreed with in the vision, or he would not have accepted the position.

I don't think it's worth it....... :(