Panthers cut S Tre Boston; appears to be off to LA

Honestly, I'll be kind of happy if he decides not to come here. I never thought he was very good in Carolina.

I get that he knows the scheme, but I think that we can find better better safety depth between now and the start of the season.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of weird that some fans think a panther is cut and he's a shoe-in to be signed by McD. Seems the presumption is that McD worked with him and must like him. But maybe he worked with him and realized there wasn't any potential there. I trust that if the front office believed he was worth signing they would make it happen. The fact they did not probably indicates he's a JAG.

Kind of weird that some fans think a panther is cut and he's a shoe-in to be signed by McD. Seems the presumption is that McD worked with him and must like him. But maybe he worked with him and realized there wasn't any potential there. I trust that if the front office believed he was worth signing they would make it happen. The fact they did not probably indicates he's a JAG.

So Beane cut him... which interesting. McD did bring him in for a workout though and apparently the Bills did offer.

So Beane cut him... which interesting. McD did bring him in for a workout though and apparently the Bills did offer.

If they wanted him they would have offered more money and the chance to compete for a starter spot. All we have at safety is a unproven/unknown in Poyer and a guy better suited as a nickel corner.

This! We lost out to the Chargers plain and simple. Either they offered more money, opportunity, better living arrangement or he doesn't think McD is the end all be all. He went to a place with 4-5 safeties on the roster vs. 2. To me, money being equal, he spurned is and his former coach and GM. Could frankly be the Beane hire that turned him off

I blame Beane! First strike!

stay vigilant and be sure to create a spread sheet. Will need links to said data compiled

Seems like we already have a well qualified Team in place!

To cover these quite nearly abominable, and blatantly abhorrent neglections of duty to The Fan Base here.

:ph34r:

Asleep at the wheel again!

Nice Texas swing for sure

Being called out by McDermott noticeably often makes me care more about why his play was so bad and less about how he can take criticism.

it was read by me somewhere.

McD cursed out the guys who were worth pushing.

No, but his name is TRE and we drafted TRE'DAVIOUS.

Obviously, this means Beane is GM and we're signing him.

No idea how people can't see the reality before them and connect the dots.

THE DOTS, people, THE DOTS!

DAMN THOSE DOTS> I never even noticed them.

:worthy:

^

Finally, a good and proper use of the emoti

McDermott is in charge, the GM is just a Beane counter.

Counter, not counter.

some would suggest semantics, to my capitalisation of counter. Sir Counter, might be the proper addressing of the recently Knighted .

You know what the word is.

Byrd is the word.

it is and was Birdland

Bring Baccari Rambo back!

no sh+

at least he smacked some body

Kid had 2 picks, 2 sacks, 3 stuffs, and 7 pass breakups this past season.

No doubts he wins the #1 FS gig.

Makes me think of Da'Norris Searcy. Ok when it comes to pass coverage, just don't let him go 1-on-1 with a WR. Will be a benefit in the run game.

Boston has superior athleticism than Searcy, giving him more potential and a higher ceiling.

I can understand this analogy

McDermott wanted him. He chose to go elsewhere.

This! We lost out to the Chargers plain and simple. Either they offered more money, opportunity, better living arrangement or he doesn't think McD is the end all be all. He went to a place with 4-5 safeties on the roster vs. 2. To me, money being equal, he spurned is and his former coach and GM. Could frankly be the Beane hire that turned him off

There's also the angle of the Chargers coach was the Bills interim coach for one game and got thrown to the wolves to have to answer about Tyrod benching. Doubt he had anything good to say about the Bills and wouldn't be surprised if it was along the lines of "We want you here but if not, you don't want to go to Buffalo"

There's also the angle of the Chargers coach was the Bills interim coach for one game and got thrown to the wolves to have to answer about Tyrod benching. Doubt he had anything good to say about the Bills and wouldn't be surprised if it was along the lines of "We want you here but if not, you don't want to go to Buffalo"

negative recruiting? Maybe, but Tre would know more about the Bills at this point than Lynn.

I just heard Bill Polian interview Tre Boston on Sirius XM. Tre explained why he chose the Chargers.

He went back to Carolina after visiting both teams and was trying to decide. He stopped at a gas station he had never been to before. While he's pumping gas, someone pulls up and asks if he could spare 1 or 2 dollars to help with gas. Tre gave him $20. The two talked for a while, the man explained his story, told him what he makes and how he decides what to use for gas and what to spend on food. Tre gave him another $20. The two kept talking and Tre felt the man was put in his life to help him. He was thinking about how to ask the man his opinion ("Buffalo or LA" or "choose city 1 or city 2"). Then, before he asks anything, the man says, "My name is Mike Daniels (I may have remembered the last name wrong, sorry) "but everyone calls me "L.A." Tre immediately started to think this was a sign. Then, he turns around to the gas pumps. The one he was at had one of those credit card leaflet holders and there was a postcard that said "Jesus saves." He checked all the other pumps, this was the only one with a Jesus saves postcard.

At this point, he was convinced this was a sign from G-d that he is meant to go to LA. He went home and told his wife and was crying the entire time because he's convinced he was given a sign as to what he must do.

Just listening to him, I think he's more of a Buffalo person than an LA person. Very much a family man, that sounds like he'd be happier in the smaller city.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Edited by chknwing334

that's just stupid.

sounds like he was even more stupid to get conned

police departments in the area have literally issued warnings to companies allowing this type of stuff. they've sent letters all over town as these tactics as well as the angry pan handler is really getting bad. they'll wait until a woman or man with a child puts the kid in the child seat and than goes hard.

no idea whats caused this in the charlotte/gso/w-s area but it's been on the news, etc

that's just stupid.

sounds like he was even more stupid to get conned

police departments in the area have literally issued warnings to companies allowing this type of stuff. they've sent letters all over town as these tactics as well as the angry pan handler is really getting bad. they'll wait until a woman or man with a child puts the kid in the child seat and than goes hard.

no idea whats caused this in the charlotte/gso/w-s area but it's been on the news, etc

It's an effin nightmare in Charlotte.

Either way, I still don't think the guy would have been a good signing regardless.

It's an effin nightmare in Charlotte.

Either way, I still don't think the guy would have been a good signing regardless.

i learned a trick from howard stern. well, many of them.

but this one is when you are at the fuel pump and approached by someone weird, give yourself a tick, act a little 'off in the head' (ok, i don't have to act that)...

i'll get out limping. i'll get out and jerk my head around.

i was at a bp near a cracker barrel right off 77 in an area so abd they have a police tower to monitor the area.

i needed gas that bad

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Was I really rambling? I thought I gave the details of the story pretty well. And although I thought it was quite a bizarre story that the guy was making a career decision based on a postcard and the name of a stranger he met at a gas station, I enjoyed listening to it and thinking that if he's good (since frankly I have no idea), that's got to be the worst reason ever for us to miss out on a free agent signing.

Bill Polian listened to the entire story (probably more than 5 minutes of Tre telling it), then said something like, "What a great story."

I found a photo of the panhandler...

bill-bimichick-copy.jpg

Something fishy going on here. Sounds like we were probably the best fit but for some reason he decided to go to the Chargers and be a backup instead of starting here. Divine intervention indeed

Edited by kdiggz

i learned a trick from howard stern. well, many of them.

but this one is when you are at the fuel pump and approached by someone weird, give yourself a tick, act a little 'off in the head' (ok, i don't have to act that)...

i'll get out limping. i'll get out and jerk my head around.

i was at a bp near a cracker barrel right off 77 in an area so abd they have a police tower to monitor the area.

i needed gas that bad

That was hilarious.