RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

Say what you will about Whaley at least in the last 4years he has tried to do something at this position that has plague us for years.

EJ

Orton

Tyrod

Jones

Yates

Peterman

I'm 90% sure we will draft one next year in the 1st round unless Cardale, Tyrod or Peterman just completely breakout somehow.

Oh yeah, thats an impressive list of fail right there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when has mph mattered? There is so little data on the topic its statistically meaningless at the moment. And you cant say there hasnt been a QB under 55mph with success. Most of the league hasnt been measured coming out, its a very recent measurement. Most of the elite QBs in the league might have had sub 55 mph arms in college for all you know

It's been measured for nearly 10 years. That's a long time by NFL standards.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/10/14890754/cleveland-browns-2017-nfl-scouting-combine-qb-velocity

Next.

I'd rather discuss it simply.

Gruden is a blowhard asshat. He hasn't done anything in the NFL worth noting. His ring was on the laurels of dungy. He is full of himself and never a have become a head coach

Yates is auditioning to be the next QB coach of the Bills as he's Dennison's boy ... he is here to help all the QB's acclimate to Dennison's system ..his playing days are done. Opening Day we will have Taylor, Peterman, Jones ... and Yates will be QB coach post training camp

I would love to see this - then if something happens you have that built in back-up right away.

That's not really fair...these boards complain all the time that the FO doesn't try to get any QBs...well, they have...it just hasn't quite worked out yet.

Oh yeah, thats an impressive list of fail right there.

Of course it does - it means Billicheat has his number and probably during physical inserted spying device in him.

so I am not the only one who thinks this?

incorrigible Adams is. Probably bummed we did not match TD Mike's tender. as they implanted something something up all of their behinds.

Chandler Hogan and Gilmore and Mike are now chipped.

Maybe Bills FO is onto the charade Kraft presents after all?

Say what you will about Whaley at least in the last 4years he has tried to do something at this position that has plague us for years.

EJ

Orton

Tyrod

Jones

Yates

Peterman

I'm 90% sure we will draft one next year in the 1st round unless Cardale, Tyrod or Peterman just completely breakout somehow.

I think they made that statement rather loudly with the trade in the first round.

Lets hope for breakout just the same !

Here is why I don't like the pick at all. Chances are better than 50-50 I think that Peterman beats out Cardale for the #3 because he will fit Dennison's system better. And Cardale will be cut. But we already have the career reliable backup in TJ Yates, who is probably better than Peterman will ever be. Cardale has a chance to be a starter if not a star if everything goes right. If everything goes right for Peterman he is a little below Cousins. That's best case scenario. If we didn't sign Yates then sure, the reliable cerebral accurate field general may be a necessary role. But we have a Peterman already.

What in the world would make you think for any reasoning that Cardale Jones will be a star? A guy who couldn't even become a starter after winning a championship? Other than arm strength what have you seen to make this judgement? I'm just curious not being an ass, I want to know maybe I missed the game where he showed you this.

Mayock said the same on NFLN as did McShay & another talking head on ESPN.

Mel Kiper also listed the Bills as one of his top two after the 2nd day - loved our 3 picks as of this morning on his show.

I have been happy with what they have done.

Edited by Rochesterfan

Checks the character box that we've been hearing about. FWIW.

I only care about guys that can actually play at the next level. Sure, stay away from the A Hernandez and Mixons of the world, but taking this dweeb over Kelly is overkill.