RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

This guy probably already has a better feel for the position than Tyrod.

It shouldn't be long before the Tyrod experiment reaches it's conclusion.

Yes.

We should expect a 5th round draft pick to take the job away from Taylor.

Drafting Peterman in the 5th really puts Taylor on notice.

Too funny...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think he made the Greatest Jewish Sports Heroes pamphlet.

It's a clever move to make us care less about all those mid-late round picks they throw away. That 5th rounder!! What did you want another Peterman! 5th rounders are garbage yada yada.

Yes.

We should expect a 5th round draft pick to take the job away from Taylor.

Drafting Peterman in the 5th really puts Taylor on notice.

Too funny...

You never know what can happen. Fully expect Tyrod to be our starter but part of finding a great QB is luck and circumstances. Perhaps Peterman is coming to the right team with the right coaches and system that will allow him to succeed. It's a long shot but certainly not impossible

Seems like a smart guy (I like the way he was taking notes while listening to Gruden).

They all do that on the show....

That was awesome! All that "weak arm" crap is overstated. I saw some nice accurate deep throws from this kid.

The question isn't arm strength, its grip strength. Case in point: the Miami game. The ball was wet and he couldn't throw a sideline pass to save his life (or win the game).

what are the odds Tyrod gets benched this year.

i will go on record that i think:

by the quarter pole, the odds are 10%

by the halfway mark, the odds are 50/50

by the three quarter pole, the odds are 75%

last game of the season, the odds are 95%

gone in the off season, 99%

what say you?

There wasn't one throw in that entire video that showed any real arm strength.

About half were lobs to wide open guys --

None had zip in the clip but a few were impressive accuracy (which fit into smaller windows required by the softer throw)

​"Asked specifically about Nathan Peterman and Cardale Jones competing with Tyrod Taylor for Bills' starting QB job, coach Sean McDermott says no player will be handed the starting job. He also says there are "no promises" about players making 53-man roster."

Open competition.

It's a small chance but it's a chance. The game isn't too big for him. He played on the biggest stage and he excelled. He's got a great arm. He has charisma and leadership qualities. He's fearless. He's huge. Whether or not he has the mental capacity to read NFL defenses and make good decisions under pressure in real NFL games is yet to be determined.

Yes, but there is just as much of a chance with a guy like Peterman - Played well in Death valley against the eventual National Champions.

Lacks a great arm, but has shown all of the mental aspects and I think that is much harder to teach than a getting a guy with a big arm and trying to teach him to read defenses.

CJ also could not even hold his starting job after his breakout year.

I actually think you have a much better chance of getting Peterman to become a star than CJ. CJ was a true shot in the dark needing several years to see if he can even develop.

5th rounders are garbage. At least about 85% of them.

You miss on 100 percent of the picks you don't make! Yehawwww. The Bills draft like they are at their local fantasy draft.

White will be my newest jersey so that kept me sane this weekend. Cheers!

I think if anyone has a chance to be Tom Brady in this draft it's Peterman. Not there's a huge chance of that happening but he would be the one out of them all.

What's that based on and how low do you suppose the percentage is that he is going to become the GOAT?

What do you suppose the odds are that his weak arm isn't suited for the NFL and he gets cut in camp?