RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather discuss it simply.

Gruden is a blowhard asshat. He hasn't done anything in the NFL worth noting. His ring was on the laurels of dungy. He is full of himself and never a have become a head coach

I feel the same way. Guy's been coasting on what is essentially a stolen rep. Kind of like Barry Switzer's Super Bowl win.

What in the world would make you think for any reasoning that Cardale Jones will be a star? A guy who couldn't even become a starter after winning a championship? Other than arm strength what have you seen to make this judgement? I'm just curious not being an ass, I want to know maybe I missed the game where he showed you this.

Kid's a project. Let's give him another year and see what he does. Imagine if he actually began to bloom.

Sorry, you are off. Your post is as inaccurate as TT is. He is just not accurate, and cannot anticipate a receiver beeak to save his life.

It depends upon what you guys are arguing for accuracy.

TT completes a high percentage of throws and therefore has good accuracy, but the throws are typically to a spot as a receiver is either going to the sideline or coming back toward the QB.

TT suffers with accuracy if he is trying to hit a WR in motion especially across the middle. He does not anticipate nor throw open WRs with any consistency.

I think you are both right to some degree.

23 pages

A bit late to the party I guess

I'm no expert but I did say this kids stats looked good and now I see references to Kirk Cousins.

got link?

On Twitter let me get it. Was looking for UDFA signings

Jay Skurski (@JaySkurski)

4/29/17, 2:47 PM

Sean McDermott says every quarterback on the roster will compete for the starting job -- it won't be handed to Tyrod Taylor. #Bills

Edited by MAJBobby

....makes for an interesting camp with TT, Yates, Cardale, Woodrum & Peterman.......if the Peterman kid shines, Cardale & Woodrum are out.....wonder if you could stash Peterman on PS without getting scooped up.....

Yates is no sure thing to make the roster. The odds of him not being on this team are as high as Cardale's and Peterman's

I was so used to knowing who's opinions to ignore completely. Since we "invited" the others here, I now need to learn a whole new level of idiocy. So far CandianFan seems to be a logical, well thought-out poster. The rest of you BBMBers could learn something.

thanks bud. I'll buy you ice cream when you come visit Tdot this summer. haha.

I didn't think the Bills would go QB late as they have other needs, but I like the pick.

Question is why wasn't he taken earlier? What scared teams away?

Deep draft. arm strength is an issue. And one scout said he plays it too safe. No fatal flows here.

Brees-y

Yeah he reminds me of Brees a lot. Just the way he sets himself up for the throws.

I guess we'll hear more about it as time goes on, but this felt like a McDermott draft.

Maybe I'm overplaying it, but this draft felt like the start of a new era. And I'm not an anti-Whaley guy. But it seems like McDermott has brought a whole new philosophy and attitude.

We might even start winning.

Teams draft to the HC's vision/system so, yeah, it should feel like we're starting over...because we are.

It's been measured for nearly 10 years. That's a long time by NFL standards.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/10/14890754/cleveland-browns-2017-nfl-scouting-combine-qb-velocity

Next.

Based on that Google Docs spreadsheet, I really can't appreciate any correlation between ball velocity and success in the NFL. Plus, the majority of the best prospects don't have values ("DNT") because they decided not to throw at the combine. That, and you'd be surprised by some QBs who we believe have a "canon", but don't have great ball velocities (compared to 53 mph).

TT suffers with accuracy if he is trying to hit a WR in motion especially across the middle. He does not anticipate nor throw open WRs with any consistency.

So you mean TT is inaccurate on some of basic important, but normal throws a successful NFL QB needs to make to win games. Then we agree. Limiting our passing game to half the field and a handful of routes is why we are the 190 yard passing yards per game dynamo we are. I am just not going to celebrate accuracy ratings based on short sideline passes.

Based on that Google Docs spreadsheet, I really can't appreciate any correlation between ball velocity and success in the NFL. Plus, the majority of the best prospects don't have values ("DNT") because they decided not to throw at the combine. That, and you'd be surprised by some QBs who we believe have a "canon", but don't have great ball velocities (compared to 53 mph).

Do with it as you will, I believe that you need a certain degree of arm strength to be successful in today's NFL.

I don't have a problem with this pick. I am always for adding a QB in the draft until you get the right person. Now you have Peterman who is fundamentally sound but may not have the best arm vs Cardale who is very athletic but raw in development. Polar opposites. I think those two are competing for a spot on the roster with Yates as the backup. If both stand out, maybe Yates is gone. Regardless, there is now competition for depth at quarterback. This definitely beats the Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis days.