RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. I don't think he can be fairly evaluated off of one game whether it was his best or worst.

Why not? Everyone seems to evaluate Tyrod off the second Miami game.

Edited by old school

Not just Gruden - lots of different guys thought he was the most pro ready and loved his ability.

His arm strength is a concern - there is no two ways about it, but we will see how hard he works on things.

Very happy with this pick. We have some choices at the position and maybe one can change the fortunes of our franchise.

Oh, I like it for sure. They've had time to work with Cardale and have a feel for what they have. They thought this was the thing to do, so let them fight it out. Mayock called his arm strength "good but not great" or something like that. I love a guy who can read defenses and go through progressions. Sounds book smart AND football smart. FAST EYES? :)

Here is why I don't like the pick at all. Chances are better than 50-50 I think that Peterman beats out Cardale for the #3 because he will fit Dennison's system better. And Cardale will be cut. But we already have the career reliable backup in TJ Yates, who is probably better than Peterman will ever be. Cardale has a chance to be a starter if not a star if everything goes right. If everything goes right for Peterman he is a little below Cousins. That's best case scenario. If we didn't sign Yates then sure, the reliable cerebral accurate field general may be a necessary role. But we have a Peterman already.

Yates is auditioning to be the next QB coach of the Bills as he's Dennison's boy ... he is here to help all the QB's acclimate to Dennison's system ..his playing days are done. Opening Day we will have Taylor, Peterman, Jones ... and Yates will be QB coach post training camp

Kelly had too many character issues. Can't imagine him even being on our board, regardless who he is related to

There was another QB a few years back that was proficient in a pro style offense, transferred and learned multiple systems really quick but had questions about his arm strength and even his size.

His name is Russell Wilson.

There was never any question about Russell Wilson. He has an absolute cannon for an arm

So does this mean we now like Buffalo native Greg Gabriel, or is he now an idiot that should be working at the Buffalo News?

He went from working in NFL front offices to running a website. Just saying. He also got beat out by Whaley for the Bills GM job.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If his ceiling is what he did vs Clemson, he stands a chance of being a huge steal. I love his story, chip on the shoulder. Camp will be interesting.

Also, I could see Yates being dropped if Cardale matures even a little bit. They drafted him as a project and should give it another year.

I am in agreement. But I should leave that to the Coaches. The vet might be better at teaching the rook the system McD is running i suppose?

Vinec in the shoutbox wins:

"(29 April 2017 - 01:15 PM) J Peterman- "I remember my first visit to One Bills Drive. A blizzard had just descended upon the burgh of Orchard Park, the weather was unbearable. I was wearing a Pea Coat from the J Peterman collection. $499. In midnight blue and obsidian black."

Say what you will about Whaley at least in the last 4years he has tried to do something at this position that has plague us for years.

EJ

Orton

Tyrod

Jones

Yates

Peterman

I'm 90% sure we will draft one next year in the 1st round unless Cardale, Tyrod or Peterman just completely breakout somehow.

Yates is auditioning to be the next QB coach of the Bills as he's Dennison's boy ... he is here to help all the QB's acclimate to Dennison's system ..his playing days are done. Opening Day we will have Taylor, Peterman, Jones ... and Yates will be QB coach post training camp

sorry missed your post about Yates . I like this call but not sure he is ready to be a Coach yet. But I do like the idea