RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I'd like to think it was the steal of the decade, but I have to admit it's more likely that Gruden is goofy.

Not just Gruden - lots of different guys thought he was the most pro ready and loved his ability.

His arm strength is a concern - there is no two ways about it, but we will see how hard he works on things.

Very happy with this pick. We have some choices at the position and maybe one can change the fortunes of our franchise.

Don't bash the comparison ... but I find it kind of funny the draft report on some guy named Brady who went in the 6th a while back ... was also thought to be a 3rd rounder at the time ... think his arm strength has worked out just fine in the AFC East ... who knows .. every once in a while the lottery numbers hit.

2000 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Tom Brady (pick #199) (self.nfl)

• Poor Build
  • Skinny
  • Lacks great physical stature and strength
  • Lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush
  • Lacks a strong arm
  • Cannot drive the ball downfield
  • Does not throw a tight spiral
  • A system type quarterback that be exposed if forced to adlib
  • Gets knocked down easily

Yeah, I'm sure lightning will strike twice. 😛

What would your take have been had you only watched the Clemson game?

So I watched the Clemson game on TV... he played well from a TV look. I will go back and watch that from an evaluation perspective. I intended when I started watching the V-Tech game to watch more of his tape. But frankly it was so bad I turned it off in anger.

So I watched the Clemson game on TV... he played well from a TV look. I will go back and watch that from an evaluation perspective. I intended when I started watching the V-Tech game to watch more of his tape. But frankly it was so bad I turned it off in anger.

Just curious. I don't think he can be fairly evaluated off of one game whether it was his best or worst.

Peterman will be in the NFL. If you are looking for a backup QB then the pick is fine.

Jeff you certainly have exponentially more posts than mine . . but I've read alot of your stuff of late ... sorry we didn't grab your boy .. .but time to move on ..we're 4 rounds later ... slap up the Peterman pic and turn the other cheek ... unless your going to flip over to the Chiefs. At this stage no one is going to get complete love ... but we have 2 #1's next year courtesy of your boy's new team .... let's focus on the future .. GO BILLS!!!

He was 49 mph, Tyrod was 50 due to a shoulder injury.

Watson hasn't played a game in the NFL so we don't know if he will be the first QB throwing under 55 mph to find success.

Since when has mph mattered? There is so little data on the topic its statistically meaningless at the moment. And you cant say there hasnt been a QB under 55mph with success. Most of the league hasnt been measured coming out, its a very recent measurement. Most of the elite QBs in the league might have had sub 55 mph arms in college for all you know

You've never seen the kid take a snap. STFU.

Mayock said the guy is a top 5 pick if he had a clean record.

Let's all rejoice for Nate !@#$ing Peterman. The same guy who couldn't cut it in the SEC and transferred to ****ty PITT.

I remember being a new member here and being a complete jerk. Eventually, you'll settle down. Took me 5 years. Welcome to TBD.

And it's unlikely I'll "STFU."

Kelly had too many character issues. Can't imagine him even being on our board, regardless who he is related to

There was another QB a few years back that was proficient in a pro style offense, transferred and learned multiple systems really quick but had questions about his arm strength and even his size.

His name is Russell Wilson.

Whether Peterman works out or not, if this is the type of stuff the Bills are going to value in a QB under McDermott/Dennison, then I am thrilled!

Accuracy and anticipation, ability to read defenses and change plays at the line, ability to,go through all your progressions, find open receivers or throw them open...

IMO those are some of the most important traits you look for in a potential franchise QB and if the Bills are going to put more importance on these traits going forward I like their chances of eventually finding their true, long term franchise QB.

Much better than big, athletic, mobile, "all the tools" but can't hit water falling out of a boat type QBs...

Not to mention he is one of the smarter QB's in the entire draft.