I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

Thank goodness WNYers go to the mall and eat at restaurants. Phew!

yes. which means they have disposable income.

I think the NFL wants a team in London, and I suspect it's going to be Jacksonville. I also think they want a team in Mexico City, but I think that is further down the road.

But how will a team relocate if it can't get over the border wall?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

HAHAHAHA you're funny. Toronto can't afford a stadium for the CFL team it has let alone upgrading the Rogers Center. So I don't know where you think Toronto can support a new stadium, also people won't support the Bills in Toronto...the only potentially viable team in Toronto would be an expansion team. Remember that Bills in Toronto series? Yeah it crashed and burned since no one wanted to pay almost a hundred Canadian for nose bleeds at a terrible venue for football.

We are pretty safe.

The Pegulas plunked a lot of cash down on the team. The could make more probably up North even paying the relocation fee... but it essentially undermines everything they have worked for in the last 6 years (and poured money into) in WNY. Maybe they could graciously sell the team.... but I am not sure there is a willing/able bidder up there. Rogers is full of drama without a singular Patriarch since the old man passed... MLSE starts to look small-time when you talk about $1.5 Billion, another $500 Million in relocation fees... and new stadium. Also, the Province of Ontario will be very stingy for any new facility.

I think there will be a good faith negotiation between the County, State, and the Bills/Pegulas. IMO the Pegulas will be willing to plunk down cash to get it done. Also, don't forget the previously stated interest in Jacobs/Delaware North in the project. Pegula has the city in mind, so the proposed project will likely include the possibility of much more use/benefit than 8-10 football games/year which will sway/justify the public funds a bit.

As far as fan pricing goes. With the drought.... it is kind of false data. With a competitive football team, I feel like the ceiling is much higher than current pricing. Once they hit the point of being a real team with important games (and playoff ones)... Season tickets will be capped permanently, and they will be able to steadily raise prices.

The Bills are very safe. We'll see when the gears start moving on life after this lease... but everyone's intent, including ownership is 100% for the Bills to remain here

Edited by May Day 10

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

What the NFL WANTS and what they'll get may not be the same.

The NFL is running out of cities to relocate teams. The Raiders are going to Vegas BUT now that LA has two teams, it's only a matter of time till one, or both will try to move out again, because of lack of support. The NFL WANTS a market in LA BUT LA does not have the demographics to support one, much less two NFL teams. What's left of the LA middle class do not live close to the city. After 5 days of LA traffic, they won't consider another drive to a stadium on Sunday. People living below the middle class don't have the money or the inclination to go to the games, and the elites could care less about anything but themselves.

So what does that leave in terms of viable markets? Not very much!

Buffalo may not be perfect, but it has worked for a very long time! The NFL is overdue for a Commissioner change, then who knows?.

Oh, Kellytough, such a dramatic hot-take artist. But at least it's not Ty-bashing.

All the story spinning, conjecture, and speculation in the world won't make the Bills move. They just plain aren't going anywhere. Even if the NFL wanted to move us, Terry ISN'T moving the Sabres, so why the hell would he go for splitting up his teams? Also, NFL owners move for more money, and Terry's got more than he can spend.

You remember when Terry/Kim took over? Reporters asked how he plans on making money from the Sabres or Bills when he spends so much on the city. Terry responded (and I paraphrase): I'm not here to make money, if I want more money I will get it from [fracking], I am here to bring Championships to Buffalo.

I'm not gonna bite and get all worked up about something that ain't happening.

The Pegulas have a expensive sports empire , Bills ,Sabres, Rochester Americans , Bandits , HarborCenter to some day pass on to their children. I can't even imagine the Bills moving out of WNY.