I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

One BIG problem with your theory is - Half of the players in the NFL would not be allowed to cross the border. Many fans for that matter.

i'd guess i'd like to hear why specifically the op doesn't feel wny can support a new stadium, or why the locals can't afford the higher prices that come with it. i know we won't get an answer, but this seems to be the key.

if i'm not mistaken, he's not from the are, nor has ever visited. yet, he seems to have this idea that the area is falling apart, draped in poverty. this just isn't the case. there's quite a bit of private money in the area that loves and is willing to support the bills. i have no way of quantifying that for anyone, but if you're here...look around. this area can absolutely support the bills and a new stadium. i'm just curious as to why people don't feel otherwise.

Not only aren't they moving, they were never in danger of moving....goofy Bon Jovi takes aside..

Correct.

i'd guess i'd like to hear why specifically the op doesn't feel wny can support a new stadium, or why the locals can't afford the higher prices that come with it. i know we won't get an answer, but this seems to be the key.

if i'm not mistaken, he's not from the are, nor has ever visited. yet, he seems to have this idea that the area is falling apart, draped in poverty. this just isn't the case. there's quite a bit of private money in the area that loves and is willing to support the bills. i have no way of quantifying that for anyone, but if you're here...look around. this area can absolutely support the bills and a new stadium. i'm just curious as to why people don't feel otherwise.

Nobody seems to answer this, despite many of us asking many times.

The only answers I get are "will you spend more?" and "I won't spend more".

I keep saying it: there's a million people in Erie County alone; add in Rochester Metropolitan area and Southern Ontario and you're talking at least 3 million people. To think that there aren't 65k people (approx 2%) that would shell out the money to go to the games on a regular basis is naive IMO.

I'm not saying I think it's going to happen, but until ground is broken on a new stadium I do believe all of us as fans should maintain a healthy level of skepticism.

This is how taxpayers and politicians get suckered into these really dumb stadium deals.

San Antonio is the next most likely city for a team to relocate to.

I think the Jaguars in London is the next potential move.

One BIG problem with your theory is - Half of the players in the NFL would not be allowed to cross the border. Many fans for that matter.

Based on what? There's not one story of a baseball player not being able to play in Toronto and they have a much more diverse player base.

This is how taxpayers and politicians get suckered into these really dumb stadium deals.

Oh I firmly believe owners should build their own stadiums, but I think it's pretty naive to say "Terry loves WNY, he would never let the team leave" while there's no real plans for a badly needed new stadium the league wants built.

Correct.

Nobody seems to answer this, despite many of us asking many times.

The only answers I get are "will you spend more?" and "I won't spend more".

I keep saying it: there's a million people in Erie County alone; add in Rochester Metropolitan area and Southern Ontario and you're talking at least 3 million people. To think that there aren't 65k people (approx 2%) that would shell out the money to go to the games on a regular basis is naive IMO.

absolutely. i lived in buffalo for 4 years, so i can't speak specifically about that, but in rochester, there's a ton of money in the suburbs. even by where i work, there's a large development of homes that are around the 600k range. there's literally hundreds of homes in it, absolutely crammed on top of each other. we're talking 4000sq ft homes on a half acre, and they fly off the market. this isn't even the "wealthy" suburb either.

there's plenty of money to sustain this team. i just want to hear a legit reason as to why others feel this is the case. i'm not even being argumentative about it...i'm just curious.

Guest NeckBeard

What I got was the sticking point was -- use of tax dollars to pay for it. I'm not super (financially) conservative, but I would definitely bristle at a municipal bond being used to fund a stadium in the region. The region is in a recovery phase, as I've noted elsewhere here, so I don't see a value in hitting the taxpayers with a new bill. Plus I hate the principle of private organizations using public money to build something that doesn't benefit the region on the whole, in particular outside of very specific use cases. I don't see a handful of Bills games and/or events (concerts, monster truck thingies, whatever else) as being a sufficient reason to build a stadium just for the sake of having a new one. Plus there are other logistical reasons, e.g. having to rebuild 190 or rebuilding other infrastructure in other 'burbs to support a new stadium.

Where's Jauronimo when we need him?

That's a great question, nucci. Can Pegula own BOTH the Bills AND the Sabres if he moves the Bills to Toronto??? Since Toronto already has the Maple Leafs, per NFL bylaws, I believe the answer is YES, he probably will.

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

If the Pegula's tried moving the Bills to Toronto, they would have to sell the Sabres as they are not allowed to own sports franchises in different areas. Between purchasing the Sabres for $190M and investing another $200M in the Harbor Center, do you really think the Pegula's are going to sell the Sabres just to move the Bills to Toronto?

I think the NFL wants a team in London, and I suspect it's going to be Jacksonville. I also think they want a team in Mexico City, but I think that is further down the road.

The Raiders will move to Mexico City in ten years.