Who to draft after the combine

So the best way to scout the 1st round is looking for the freak athletes that have elite production at the collegiate level. When you check the marks on both of those boxes you usually get a very good NFL player

Pick 10

Jordan Ross- literally the fastest player ever at the combine. Elite production his senior year. Tape looks amazing. Should equal a pro bowl player. Injury concerns are the big red flag with this prospect.

OJ Howard- absolute freak of a man. Huge and stupid fast for his size. Now I know the production isn't what it should be but I think it is more about opportunity. When it mattered in 2 national championship games he was featured and produce very well. Huge target in the middle of the field. Even Tyrod can see him. ;-$

Jordan Willis- destroyed the combine yesterday. Elite production at Kansas st. (11 sacks). Coach from KS thinks the world of this kid and supposedly a high character guy. Also was the south MVP at the senior bowl. Gonna be a big time player in the NFL.

Jabrill Peppers- new age hybrid safety linebacker. Seattle and Denver are drawing the blueprint where speed is the name of the game. With a passing league you need you need your safety/lbs to cover. He can also tackle. The lack of int's is concerning but he has a ton of pass break ups. Again injuries are a concern here.

Round 2nd-

Bucky Hodges- TE from Virginia Tech. 6'6" 257 4.57 forty with very good production. Former qb which means he understands coverages and where to get open. Don't know if he lasts to pick 42 or whatever but I really hope so. Tape looks great as well.

Think a Ross- Hodges combo would be pretty interesting for rounds 1&2. Ross and Watkins on the outside with Hodges-Clay in the middle of the field seems like it would be hard to stop. Esp with McCoy and the ol we have

For me, this question requires some "if, then" statements.

If Watson is available at 10, then draft him, regardless of Tyrod decision.

If Watson is gone at 10 but Reuben Foster is available, then draft Foster.

If Watson and Foster are gone at 10 and Corey Davis is available, then draft Davis.

If Watson, Foster, and Davis are gone at 10 and Malik Hooker is available, draft Hooker.

If Watson, Foster, Davis, AND Hooker are gone at 10, look to trade down.

So the best way to scout the 1st round is looking for the freak athletes that have elite production at the collegiate level. When you check the marks on both of those boxes you usually get a very good NFL player

Pick 10

Jordan Ross- literally the fastest player ever at the combine. Elite production his senior year. Tape looks amazing. Should equal a pro bowl player. Injury concerns are the big red flag with this prospect.

OJ Howard- absolute freak of a man. Huge and stupid fast for his size. Now I know the production isn't what it should be but I think it is more about opportunity. When it mattered in 2 national championship games he was featured and produce very well. Huge target in the middle of the field. Even Tyrod can see him. ;-$

Jordan Willis- destroyed the combine yesterday. Elite production at Kansas st. (11 sacks). Coach from KS thinks the world of this kid and supposedly a high character guy. Also was the south MVP at the senior bowl. Gonna be a big time player in the NFL.

Jabrill Peppers- new age hybrid safety linebacker. Seattle and Denver are drawing the blueprint where speed is the name of the game. With a passing league you need you need your safety/lbs to cover. He can also tackle. The lack of int's is concerning but he has a ton of pass break ups. Again injuries are a concern here.

Round 2nd-

Bucky Hodges- TE from Virginia Tech. 6'6" 257 4.57 forty with very good production. Former qb which means he understands coverages and where to get open. Don't know if he lasts to pick 42 or whatever but I really hope so. Tape looks great as well.

Think a Ross- Hodges combo would be pretty interesting for rounds 1&2. Ross and Watkins on the outside with Hodges-Clay in the middle of the field seems like it would be hard to stop. Esp with McCoy and the ol we have

I would be highly disappointed with any of those selections. A pass catching tight end at 10th overall when you don't have respectable QB play, your also currently paying the 2nd most guaranteed money to your own TE.

Ross? If they are going to invest the 3rd first round pick into a WR in the last three years how about they take Davis who looks to be the best one available. When you invest highly in a player like Watkins don't you do that with the hope he makes the players around him better? Sammy is so good right? Why can't they just find a solid WR to play opposite him and let him benefit from the space created by boo boo foot?

Peppers is a misfit, coaching staffs in Buffalo have had a hard enough time getting production from even the best fits. Hopefully Big MC changes that but 10 is too high for a project safety/LB. Whaley could have had Deion Jones in the 2nd but we have Ragland.

Those guys would be fun to watch against the globe trotters though.

If Watson and Foster are gone at 10 and Corey Davis is available, then draft Davis.

If Watson, Foster, and Davis are gone at 10 and Malik Hooker is available, draft Hooker.

I'm on board with this but I'd flip flop Hooker and Davis and add Adams to the list

Pick 10

gastroesophageal draft reflux disease

Regurgitation: A common symptom of horrible drafting is regurgitation -- or the sensation of acid backing up into your throat or mouth, upon drafting a project like Peppers with the 10th pick in the 2017 NFL draft . Regurgitation can produce a sour or bitter taste, and you may experience a "wet burp" or even vomit some contents of your stomach.

The same guys as before the Combine.

^

^^

I'm on board with this but I'd flip flop Hooker and Davis and add Adams to the list

Fair enough. Only reason I have it the way I do is that this is said to be the deepest safety class in years. Maybe EVER. So my feeling is that the likelihood of getting a starting caliber safety in round 2 or 3 is pretty good, thus I'd rather get the elite WR prospect and roll the dice on the deep safety class.

I agree with this summary....personally I would also like them to explore trading down to get more picks.

WR if we have a shot. Davis or Williams. We need a guy, maybe even 2, who can complement Sammy. And replace him when he is injured again.

If both WRs and Adams and Hooker are gone i´d try and trade down to get to 8 Picks at least. 10 would be better ^^

Obi Melifonwu. The numbers at his size is crazy insane. Would totally take Gronk size and speed advantage out of the equation. The only issue with him is one game i saw of him Amba Etta Tawo made him look bad

It ain't Gronk he's gotta worry about, it's Brady.

It ain't Gronk he's gotta worry about, it's Brady.

Yep...that said, it never hurts to have guys that can handle their business against TEs.

Being able to man up against the bigger targets gives you more ammo to rush the passer and disguise coverages against the smaller, quicker, RAC guys (as you know).

Yep...that said, it never hurts to have guys that can handle their business against TEs.

Being able to man up against the bigger targets gives you more ammo to rush the passer and disguise coverages against the smaller, quicker, RAC guys (as you know).

I fully get this. And I hope we can blanket Gronk to the tune of zero for zero.

Brady won't miss a beat, regardless. He will just find somebody else to abuse. Hell, how many times have we seen blanket coverage on Gronk anyway, only to see Brady place a perfect ball for a catch none the less? Far too often for my liking.

I fully get this. And I hope we can blanket Gronk to the tune of zero for zero.

Brady won't miss a beat, regardless. He will just find somebody else to abuse. Hell, how many times have we seen blanket coverage on Gronk anyway, only to see Brady place a perfect ball for a catch none the less? Far too often for my liking.

Yeah...well...

I got nothin'

They released another corner today and they have need at safety. I have to think secondary is going to be at least one of there first two picks.

I really need to start studying this corner class because it really could be a no-brainer by the time the draft comes.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

While I really like the idea of many of these guys, I LOVE the idea of trading back and picking up more good, cheap, young talent. So, if only we can find someone with a man crush on any one of these guys!

Corey Davis.

I could live with that. I know two high WR picks is a luxury, but Sammy may be gone before he plays a healthy season. (Then, of course, he'll go on to a HOF career. :( )

I can see this going in so many different directions, who's to know? Excited about this draft. Here is how I'd like to see it play out. I realize players may not be available there in real life, but here goes:

10: Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan

44: Budda Baker, S Washington

75: Rasoul Douglas CB West Virginia

156: Jalen Robinette WR Air Force

171: Chad Kelly QB Mississippi

195: Lorenzo Jerome S Saint Francis

I'm sure I'll get roasted for using multiple picks on the same position, but if we could shore up our back end and receiving corps in one foul swoop, it sure would be nice.

I can see this going in so many different directions, who's to know? Excited about this draft. Here is how I'd like to see it play out. I realize players may not be available there in real life, but here goes:

10: Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan

44: Budda Baker, S Washington

75: Rasoul Douglas CB West Virginia

156: Jalen Robinette WR Air Force

171: Chad Kelly QB Mississippi

195: Lorenzo Jerome S Saint Francis

I'm sure I'll get roasted for using multiple picks on the same position, but if we could shore up our back end and receiving corps in one foul swoop, it sure would be nice.

I'd be ok with this draft. Except for: Jalen Robinette WR Air Force and Lorenzo Jerome S Saint Francis......... Dont Know anything about them. But the others are solid picks.

Edited by wppete

As a 5th rounder, I don't think you can go wrong with Robinette, you can see his profile here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jalen-robinette?id=2558148

Lorenzo Jerome may not pan out, but it's a 6th round pick. You can check out his draft profile here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/lorenzo-jerome?id=2558206

I've only watched his highlight video, but kid looks like a baller (though against lower level talent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVrCaNVEID0

High upside picks with the future in mind, towards building something.

As a 5th rounder, I don't think you can go wrong with Robinette, you can see his profile here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jalen-robinette?id=2558148

Lorenzo Jerome may not pan out, but it's a 6th round pick. You can check out his draft profile here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/lorenzo-jerome?id=2558206

I've only watched his highlight video, but kid looks like a baller (though against lower level talent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVrCaNVEID0

High upside picks with the future in mind, towards building something.

Nice! Thanks

While I really like the idea of many of these guys, I LOVE the idea of trading back and picking up more good, cheap, young talent. So, if only we can find someone with a man crush on any one of these guys!

I would not be upset if we traded down. We need more than 6 picks.