We have to move on from Tyrod!!!

Accepting his option or even restructuring puts us on the hook for him for at least three years. His agent will make sure of it. I just don't see us making the playoffs...

We have a new head coach (who I love) and coaching staff that have to implement their schemes. Not to mention a ton of free agent starters like Gilmore, Woods, Z. Brown with limited cap space.

We can all probably agree the jury is still out on Taylor, I personally think he hit his ceiling. He could be effective with a top 5 defense. It's unrealistic to think McDermott will take a 19 rank D to top 5 within a year or even two. We will eventually get there.

The question is if we keep Tyrod and have another 7-9 season or worse, what then? Do we then move on from Tyrod? His contract would make that tough.

Another reason why I think it will be tough for Bills is our 2017 opponents. Looks very tough.

I like the idea of Cardale and a veteran FA (McCown, maybe Cutler if price is right) in competition for starting job.

With that said I think we all know the importance of a legitimate franchise QB, just because it maybe tough to find doesn't mean we need to settle. 2018 is a great draft for QBS with Darnold, Rosen and Allen. They are all legit.

I'm not saying tank, just time to move on and see what happens. Sorry for starting a thread so early in my tenure here at twobillsdrive just wanted to put that out there with a decision coming soon from the Bills...and maybe Doug and Sean are reading this. Lol

Accepting his option or even restructuring puts us on the hook for him for at least three years. His agent will make sure of it. I just don't see us making the playoffs...

We have a new head coach (who I love) and coaching staff that have to implement their schemes. Not to mention a ton of free agent starters like Gilmore, Woods, Z. Brown with limited cap space.

We can all probably agree the jury is still out on Taylor, I personally think he hit his ceiling. He could be effective with a top 5 defense. It's unrealistic to think McDermott will take a 19 rank D to top 5 within a year or even two. We will eventually get there.

The question is if we keep Tyrod and have another 7-9 season or worse, what then? Do we then move on from Tyrod? His contract would make that tough.

Another reason why I think it will be tough for Bills is our 2017 opponents. Looks very tough.

I like the idea of Cardale and a veteran FA (McCown, maybe Cutler if price is right) in competition for starting job.

With that said I think we all know the importance of a legitimate franchise QB, just because it maybe tough to find doesn't mean we need to settle. 2018 is a great draft for QBS with Darnold, Rosen and Allen. They are all legit.

I'm not saying tank, just time to move on and see what happens. Sorry for starting a thread so early in my tenure here at twobillsdrive just wanted to put that out there with a decision coming soon from the Bills...and maybe Doug and Sean are reading this. Lol

I suspect part of the plan to to wait to see who they can sign on 3/9 before they have to make the decision on Tyrod on 3/11. I have zero confidence in Jones and I would be very disappointed if they went with him and a veteran back up next year. They need to draft a QB (doesn't have to be first round) and sign a guy like Hoyer or Cutler.

If you gentlemen aren't interested in further discussion on the topic of TT and the QB future don't open or comment on them. Its pretty easy,.

they are not complaining about talking about tyrod but yet another new thread that brings it up when this could have been posted in one of those many other existing threads

While I understand your opinions are important to you, I ask that you please use the search function and add your thoughts to one of the 50 existing threads about this topic. It's a bit self-centered to believe your thoughts are unique and special and deserve their very own spot on the board.

love all the influx of BB.com refugees, rehashing what has been discussed here since mid season.

Tyrod, best QB we've had since Bledsoe, which still isn't good enough, yet best option, we keep Tyrod, 7-9 or 8-8, we move on 11-5 but most likely 5-11. he can't see the whole field, throw a receiver open but he makes plays with his feet.

Make Message Board Great Again

Edited by uticaclub

Taylor is a curse.

He's just good enough to have us have this kind of argument, but he's not good enough to outdual Andy Dalton.

Keeping Tyrod because he's the best QB possible for this team next year is extremely short sighted.

What Taylor will do is the same as he's done the past two years. The Taylor fan boys say 'but he didn't have good receivers last year' and I say 'they got open. I saw these bad receivers consistently get open and Taylor consistently not hit them.

We go for broke. We draft one this year, and we bring in a Hoyer or McCown. We can go get our Eichel while still trying to break the drought.

love all the influx of BB.com refugees, rehashing what has been discussed here since mid season.

Tyrod, best QB we've had since Bledsoe, which still isn't good enough, yet best option, we keep Tyrod, 7-9 or 8-8, we move on 11-5 but most likely 5-11. he can't see the whole field, throw a receiver open but he makes plays with his feet.

It's been discussed there too, bro. And we're not done discussing it, and we won't be done discussing it even after the 11th.

Tyrod Taylor has operated out of a run heavy Offense that averaged the lowest passing attempts per game in the NFL. (under 30)

The architect of the Offense was sent packing two weeks into the season. While the play calling may have changed under A Lynn the playbook and run heavy mentality remained along with lower then normal reps in the passing game.

At 6' 1" the West coast Offense is a much better fit for Taylors size and skill set IMO.

they are not complaining about talking about tyrod but yet another new thread that brings it up when this could have been posted in one of those many other existing threads

I'm curious why that matters?

I think sometimes starting a new thread is not a bad thing. Old thread sometimes have 50 pages of comments and within the thread, people were pretty much saying the same thing anyway. If you don't comment on a thread, it moves down the list. By commenting on it you are keeping it alive.

This place is for discussions so it is not a race to be the first person to say something. Don't respond if you don't want to discuss the topic. Maybe there are people who wants to reply.

This new head coach you love reportedly wants to keep Tyrod. Do you still feel the same way?

Should we build a wall and make BBMB pay for it?

Newcomers welcome! Be aware that there a lot of members on this board that spend most of their time insulting other posters. Many of the worst have the highest number of posts, not for valuable information, but from putting down other posters and the media, thinking their insults and sarcasm are funny and entertaining. Complaining about other posters and calling them derogatory names. Blaming the media for covering the Bills, shooting the messengers if they don't agree with the message. They don't want to actually talk about facts and share information and views on football and the Bills. They just like insulting people. Unfortunately they rule here.

Of course we also have those that would prefer a half dozen generalized 50+ page threads that are too long to scroll through over shorter, newer specific topical threads. After all, they have delicate fingers that would be strained to quickly go through the first two or three pages of recent posts, chose to view only those that interest them, and move on. It is more fun for them to check every single post out, hoping for another chance to insult or put someone down. And of course the dreaded grammar Nazis. This is our world. Welcome to it.

I believe I just counted 6 or 7 threads on page one and that doesn't included how every other subject gets hijacked to TT

It would be easier to count the non-Tyrod threads. Was this impulse to start a thread just impossible to overcome?

If nothing else, the fact that the Bills have made it abundantly clear that they are DYING to upgrade from him, Tyrod Taylor should even't WANT to play in Buffalo.

Everyone except Tyrod and his agent knows that he's not good. Now that Tyrod has to see that - unless the 6 on the Wonderlic really DOES make him that stupid - I think it's best that they part ways. Best for the Bills, mostly.

Tyrod Taylor has operated out of a run heavy Offense that averaged the lowest passing attempts per game in the NFL. (under 30)

The architect of the Offense was sent packing two weeks into the season. While the play calling may have changed under A Lynn the playbook and run heavy mentality remained along with lower then normal reps in the passing game.

At 6' 1" the West coast Offense is a much better fit for Taylors size and skill set IMO.

Points decide the winner, not passing yards. We were fine scoring points. Rex messed up the D. Yes, missing wide open receivers was frustrating, but unless we want to lose out next year and tank (with no guarantees), he's the best option I see. Which is why they are waiting until the last minute, I suppose, hoping for something better to appear.

Points decide the winner, not passing yards. We were fine scoring points. Rex messed up the D. Yes, missing wide open receivers was frustrating, but unless we want to lose out next year and tank (with no guarantees), he's the best option I see. Which is why they are waiting until the last minute, I suppose, hoping for something better to appear.

With much respect, Augie, I ask you ... when were all of these points scored? My recollection tells me that it was never when it mattered most.

With much respect, Augie, I ask you ... when were all of these points scored? My recollection tells me that it was never when it mattered most.

Well, during the games, of course. That's when they count! :)

I agree,

Taylor manages the game well enough to win football games IMO.

Despite having many obstacles to overcome including a sub par supporting cast on D Tyrod Taylor has a winning record and better numbers then Jim Kelly at this point in his pro career.( NFL starts)

Clearly J K had a better supporting cast...

Edited by brofist61

I agree,

Taylor manages the game well enough to win football games IMO.

Despite having many obstacles to overcome including a sub par supporting cast on D Tyrod Taylor has a winning record and better numbers then Jim Kelly at this point in his NFL career.

Clearly J K had a better supporting cast...

No kidding! The WR position injuries last year were like RB the year before. We just flat ran out of options at times. I'd like to see what Tyrod could do with options. It won't be Brady-like, but let's at least take a look.