Per NFL.COM - Buffalos immediate needs:

sidbuff

Buffalo Bills: Wide receiver, cornerback, defensive line:

Alleged franchise receiver Sammy Watkins can't stay on the field, and No. 2 wideout Robert Woods is headed to the open market. This might be the shallowest wide receiver corps in the league. With Stephon Gilmore set to get overpaid in free agency, the Bills will need an outside cornerback opposite Ronald Darby. The defensive line also could use reinforcements with Kyle Williams turning 34 years old this offseason. If the Bills don't pick up Tyrod Taylor's contract option, quarterback will jump to the top of this list.

Interesting that they are specific about CB instead of saying DB to encapsulate our need at Safety as well...

was thinking same thing...or at least add S to the list themselves and talk about how Aarron Williams might not be back and how Graham is getting older

Alleged franchise receiver Sammy Watkins can't stay on the field, and No. 2 wideout Robert Woods is headed to the open market. This might be the shallowest wide receiver corps in the league. With Stephon Gilmore set to get overpaid in free agency, the Bills will need an outside cornerback opposite Ronald Darby. The defensive line also could use reinforcements with Kyle Williams turning 34 years old this offseason. If the Bills don't pick up Tyrod Taylor's contract option, quarterback will jump to the top of this list.

Weird that even the NLF.com staff would take shots at a player.

Interesting that they are specific about CB instead of saying DB to encapsulate our need at Safety as well...

To be fair it's a lot easier to roll with good cbs and bad safeties than the opposite pairing. It's a much more important position (hence the price tag difference)

And Lb considering we have 1 possible decent Lb in Ragland

it should be. It'd be nice to put Zach Cunningham at Wlb to go with P Brown @ Mlb and Rags @ Slb. Get the top safety available in the second,and then corner in the third. I think we could get a Jourdan Lewis or Cam Sutton in round three. I could live with that. Maybe trade back to around 20 or so & gain another second to find a RT

Weird that even the NLF.com staff would take shots at a player.

All I know is if we lose Robert and Sammy's foot continues to be an issue we're really screwed. That's why I'd like to see us take Corey Davis in the 1st and Adoree Jackson alongside Darby in the 2nd round....then get the best safety available in the 3rd...Adams and Hooker will be long gone by 10... Edited by LABILLBACKER

The Depth Chart is currently Swiss Cheese.

- nothing at WR (need a #2 and #3)

- need a CB

- need a SS

- need a FS

- need a WLB

- need a RT

- probably need a QB

That doesn't even include our depth, which is non-existent.

Good thing we have so many draft picks and so much cap space...

All I know is if we lose Robert and Sammy's foot continues to be an issue we're really screwed. That's why I'd like to see us take Corey Davis in the 1st and Adoree Jackson alongside Darby in the 2nd round....then get the best safety available in the 3rd...Adams and Hooker will be long gone by 10...

Yeah I agree. I'm not a huge Sammy fan. It's just weird that someone at the league office would devalue an employee in a random article about team needs.

All I know is if we lose Robert and Sammy's foot continues to be an issue we're really screwed. That's why I'd like to see us take Corey Davis in the 1st and Adoree Jackson alongside Darby in the 2nd round....then get the best safety available in the 3rd...Adams and Hooker will be long gone by 10...

A couple months ago I was very much against drafting a WR. The more thought I have given it has led me to change my mind. I was concerned that it would be like Millens Lions teams. When we have so many missing pieces what is a WR going to help? The answer is probably not a lot, but the issue is that we have zero depth. We also have no idea how much Watkins will be on the field. I don't dislike your idea at all anymore. We have gotten to the point where we desperately need some insurance for Watkins. Corey Davis or Mike Williams might be the insurance we need.

Yeah I agree. I'm not a huge Sammy fan. It's just weird that someone at the league office would devalue an employee in a random article about team needs.

Sammy is great when he's healthy, the problem is he's rarely healthy. And I think that's part of the reason Tyrod Taylor has failed to develop a chemistry with Sammy over the last two seasons. If he's not out there enough he can't get mannerisms or timing on routes. Drafting Corey Davis in the first round I think is a must!

We need a CB1 with our first pick.

We do, but doesn't it seem like we have been drafting CB's here in Buffalo with our first round pick for the last 17 years? We always let CB's go because we are unwilling to overpay. Then we are left in a situation where we are filling holes that we have created ourselves. It's hard to build a team when you are constantly refilling the same holes every few years.

- need a CB

- need a SS

- need a FS

- need a WLB

- need a RT

- probably need a QB

It's scary to see it like that, but they are definitely all needs. It's hard to build depth and not have gaping holes in the roster when you only have one or two guys from each of the past several drafts remaining on the team. Whaley really needs to step up this year. We have all these holes because in all reality our last

few drafts have been pathetic.

It's scary to see it like that, but they are definitely all needs. It's hard to build depth and not have gaping holes in the roster when you only have one or two guys from each of the past several drafts remaining on the team. Whaley really needs to step up this year. We have all these holes because in all reality our last

few drafts have been pathetic.

Whaley/Nix's drafting has been horrendous.

Our 2011-2013 draft classes produced 26 draft picks.

Of those 26 draft picks, only 3 received a 2nd contract from the Bills.

That's as bad as it gets, and unfortunately the 2014 or 2015 drafts don't look any better.

Edited by jrober38

One of my favorite players in this draft is Jones from Washington. However, I feel like the trend is we draft a CB,let them walk, draft another CB,rinse and repeat.

I want to stop plugging the same holes.

Well, this is somewhat the nature of the league. You can't keep everyone. So, if we DO give Gilmore his $13M/yr. deal, we now have about $3M remaining in cap room. Yes, we could restructure a guy, or release a guy, but all of that either creates ANOTHER hole, or kicks the can down the road on a bad salary cap situation. We would now keep Gilmore, but have to let go 3 or 4 other guys that we can't afford to re-sign... thus letting THOSE draft picks walk.

SOMEBODY is going to walk. The only other option is that the players that we draft SUCK and they are able to be re-signed at a lower price. Which would you prefer?

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

- need a CB

- need a SS

- need a FS

- need a WLB

- need a RT

- probably need a QB

I guess we are gonna have to rely on some of your young guys like other teams do and have them quality coached?

The biggest offseason pick up aquisition....McDermott

- need a CB

- need a SS

- need a FS

- need a WLB

- need a RT

- probably need a QB

reports are that Mills is meeting with the Bills I believe it said saturday.Maybe not the best option,but...I also think that half of your list will be taken care of pre-draft.I'm guessing that either way,we'll be on the lookout for a Safety,corner,and either a Wr or Qb,depending on what Whaley can find in FA,and what we do with TT

I guess we are gonna have to rely on some of your young guys like other teams do and have them quality coached?

The biggest offseason pick up aquisition....McDermott

We need better players.

Aside from Ross Cockrell, it's not like the other guys we've drafted have gone to other teams and had success.

For the most part, our mid to late round picks have proven to not be NFL caliber players most of the time.

reports are that Mills is meeting with the Bills I believe it said saturday.Maybe not the best option,but...I also think that half of your list will be taken care of pre-draft.I'm guessing that either way,we'll be on the lookout for a Safety,corner,and either a Wr or Qb,depending on what Whaley can find in FA,and what we do with TT

The Bills need everything.

They need a QB, they need 2-3 receivers, they need a right tackle, they need defensive line depth (we have nothing behind our starters), we need a LB, we need a CB, we need a bunch of safeties, and we need a kicker.

The Bills roster is a mess.

We need better players.

Aside from Ross Cockrell, it's not like the other guys we've drafted have gone to other teams and had success.

For the most part, our mid to late round picks have proven to not be NFL caliber players most of the time.

They need a QB, they need 2-3 receivers, they need a right tackle, they need defensive line depth (we have nothing behind our starters), we need a LB, we need a CB, we need a bunch of safeties, and we need a kicker.

need and need improved are two different things. If we sign Mills,it lessens the need.If we keep TT,it lessens the need.Same as for the rest of our FA's. I'm in agreement with you on all the positions you listed,but I just think that half of it will be addressed before the draft

One of my favorite players in this draft is Jones from Washington. However, I feel like the trend is we draft a CB,let them walk, draft another CB,rinse and repeat.

I want to stop plugging the same holes.

First of all, Whaley is terrible.

Secondly, some positions are pretty much better filled with $1m per rookies than $13 mm fifth year players. Gilmore is the same player now he was in year 2. He went from a good value to a terrible value. For example of a team that keeps plugging the same holes, check out the Patriots.

We need better players.

I think its Bush's fault.

We need better players.

Ross Cockrell, man I really liked him too. He played really well against Mike's Evans in college. Seems like his frame was a little weak when he came in but he looked pretty good last year with the Steelers. I really hope Seymour pans out. That article about his vision being impaired during college, needing glasses and this potentially being the reason he struggled with interceptions makes him a big question mark as he develops.

Letting Gilmore walk may make us uneasy but I really would prefer a safety if we pick at 10. Trading back a bit would be even better.

We need better players.

I agree.

We need better players.

I get what you're saying. The Roster is a complete mess and DW its to blame. However I dont believe depth anywhere right now is a priority.

Unfortunately the defense looks like its going to be fixed with Frazier at DC with or without a Thursday of Friday pick.

IF DW is smart he will go all in on a GOOD QB. With Dennisons coaching history maybe.But he wont because that what good GM's are made of and DW knows hes on the hot seat for all his boneheaded moves.

Good QB fixes most

Link, please.