The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I cam't remember the comedian's name , but he does a perfect imitation of Maher.  The guy has his condescending smarminess down to a T.  I hear him on Adam Carolla's podcast occasionally.

That guy's hilarious.  

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

I cam't remember the comedian's name , but he does a perfect imitation of Maher.  The guy has his condescending smarminess down to a T.  I hear him on Adam Carolla's podcast occasionally.

Kyle Dunnigan.

Also does a great Trump.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Globalists speaking out: 

• Meh
  •  
  • Skeptical
  •  
  • Confused
  •  
  • Sad
  •  
  • Haha (+1)
  •  
  • Awesome! (+1)
  •  
  • Thanks! (+1)

Like (+1)

I would have checked one of the "notifications", but "UN-F*CKING BELIEVABLE"  ?      wasn't a choice.

Where have these people been since 2016 ?

• Like (+1) 2

NEWS THAT MOST OF OUR PRESS CAN’T (OR WON’T) USE: 

How to cover Georgia’s Coronavirus reopening like a real journalist.

We’ve already seen plenty of journalistic errors in the coverage of this story since it broke over the weekend. The best example is CNN.com’s headline on the story that includes the phrase saying that the move, “… will likely please Trump,” thus ensuring that this issue will be seen as a yet another pro/con Trump dividing line where facts go to die. (HINT: Whether or not this move will “please Trump” is something that can be actually ascertained by asking the president about it at one of his daily news conferences. It could also be reported via sources, etc. You know, by using journalism).

We also have lots of supposedly objective journalists who have already gone on record, on social media and elsewhere, rooting heavily against, (and in some cases for), the Georgia experiment to succeed. Thus, anything those journalists write about how the Georgia reopening proceeds is hopelessly tainted by their all-too-public admissions about where they stand on the idea.

But so far, all I’ve done is give you yet another example of criticizing bad journalist conduct after the fact. However it’s a good jumping off point for the following three rules on how to cover this crucial Georgia reopening story fairly and accurately.

Read the whole thing.

• Thank you (+1) 2

More layoffs. This is due to the lack of ad dollars out there right now, but I am tucking it into the media thread. No idea when/if these people will have jobs when this is over.

Digital media clobbered by coronavirus

The drastic measures at top digital media outlets serve as a stark reminder that few victims will be spared by the economic crisis prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

The big picture: Vice Media has laid out a plan for potential layoffs of over 300 people in digital operations, according to The Wall Street Journal. It would be joining Group Nine Media, BuzzFeed, Vox Media, Bustle Digital Group, Cheddar, Maven Media, G/O Media, Protocol and others who have resorted to layoffs and furloughs.

Even Protocol, the digital-first tech website launched by Politico owner Robert Allbritton just two months ago, said Tuesday that it was laying off 13 staffers, including its editorial director.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 5

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

NEWS THAT MOST OF OUR PRESS CAN’T (OR WON’T) USE: 

How to cover Georgia’s Coronavirus reopening like a real journalist.

We’ve already seen plenty of journalistic errors in the coverage of this story since it broke over the weekend. The best example is CNN.com’s headline on the story that includes the phrase saying that the move, “… will likely please Trump,” thus ensuring that this issue will be seen as a yet another pro/con Trump dividing line where facts go to die. (HINT: Whether or not this move will “please Trump” is something that can be actually ascertained by asking the president about it at one of his daily news conferences. It could also be reported via sources, etc. You know, by using journalism).

We also have lots of supposedly objective journalists who have already gone on record, on social media and elsewhere, rooting heavily against, (and in some cases for), the Georgia experiment to succeed. Thus, anything those journalists write about how the Georgia reopening proceeds is hopelessly tainted by their all-too-public admissions about where they stand on the idea.

But so far, all I’ve done is give you yet another example of criticizing bad journalist conduct after the fact. However it’s a good jumping off point for the following three rules on how to cover this crucial Georgia reopening story fairly and accurately.

Read the whole thing.

Trump was asked tonight in his briefing what he thought of Kemp's opening up things in GA. Trump firmly stated that he didn't agree completely with Kemp and had told him so. 

30 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump was asked tonight in his briefing what he thought of Kemp's opening up things in GA. Trump firmly stated that he didn't agree completely with Kemp and had told him so. 

I think we’re down to the last kids remaining to get picked on the playground in these daily briefings. Half of these reporters look like they’re in their twenties! Total nitwits. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am wondering why the media is not calling for the firing of Chris Cuomo- he had active Covid 19 and went on a bike ride with his family and was around other people knowing he was going to spread the illness. The dude literally commuted a crime while knowingly endangering the people of NY but they all let it slide because he is a liberal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2020 at 2:42 PM, B-Man said:

If you read the article the logic does not follow a proper timeline and also ignores the fact the guy probably got it when he was running his bar because NYC was the last City to shut down.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am wondering why the media is not calling for the firing of Chris Cuomo- he had active Covid 19 and went on a bike ride with his family and was around other people knowing he was going to spread the illness. The dude literally commuted a crime while knowingly endangering the people of NY but they all let it slide because he is a liberal.

You're assuming that he actually had the virus, and wasn't faking it to try to get ratings. Call me cynical, but I don't trust Cuomo (or CNN) not to pull a stunt.

~80% of cases are mild - at worst. It's interesting that somehow every single CNN personality who supposedly gets the virus almost dies (while chronicling selected portions of their horrible experiences for TV.)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Stay classy, Michael. 

Entertainment for the hollow, small minded, race baiting self haters who can't think 

about anything outside of hatred towards Trump.

Notice the 'crowds'.

Lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

The DC media have been covering themselves in firefighter glory for the past three years, but the pace has really picked up lately. Here’s another example featuring ABC News’ Jonathan Karl posing a question to Trump and Pence, which Dr. Birx answered instead:

But don’t dare question the media’s thorough knowledge of background information and preparation.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1